Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Throttle Full Open & Close ???

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Throttle Full Open & Close ???

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 07:24 AM
ralph289

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle Full Open & Close ???

I have a OS 65 Marine engine and I can't seem to get the throttle Servo to make the carb open ALL the way then close ALL the way. Any suggestions would really help, I'm a little new at this. Using a Futaba Magnum Jr. controller and standard Futaba servo.
THANKS
Old 07-09-2005, 07:47 AM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: Throttle Full Open & Close ???

The standard way to get more throw is to move the rod out one more hole on the servo arm or in one hole at the control surface (throttle arm). If you are already at the outermost hole on the servo arm, you need a longer arm. Also check the throttle trim on the radio.
Old 07-09-2005, 08:13 AM
ralph289

I have adjusted the Throttle trim all the way and have the servo on the last hole, guess I need a longer servo arm, I will have to see what I can find, i'll have to move the servo as the arm is just clearing the top of my servo box now. What a pain. Can you recommend a GOOD water tight servo box ? Is this a common (throttle) problem ??
THANKS
Old 07-09-2005, 10:09 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Did you check you EPA (End Point Adjustments) to see that they are at the maximum setting?
As far as a radio box is concerned, it would help to know what boat that you have everything in. If the servo is too high you can use a smaller one like a Hi-Tec HS81-MG servo for throttle duty. If you need a loger servo arm, Du-Bro makes a set of arms that are stronger and longer.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:46 AM
ralph289

THANKS, EPA setting were all the way. I made up a temporary longer servo arm and it works MUCH better, I will just have to find one now, thanks for the tip. I have room to move the servo so I guess I'll have to . It's an OLD Hydro don't know what make (wood) with no water proof box in it. Stuffing tube runs through it to so I might just have to waterproof the electronics the best I can. Is that Aeroplate as good as people say it is ?
Old 07-09-2005, 12:54 PM
Ron Olson

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I use Aeroplate and it works great for me. I haven't any experience with the other brands but haven't heard a complaint about any of them yet. I've have radio boxes full of water, dumped them out and had the boats back on the pond in minutes. I had a non-protected reciever that took a dunking and sat in my basement dead for 2 weeks. I squirted some Aeroplate on it and the RX returned to life!
Old 07-10-2005, 06:40 PM
evaderstbasher

How do i set my EPA?
Old 07-15-2005, 01:29 AM
Gear-Head
My Feedback: (2)

Your radio does not have EPA on it. You can also use plasti dip to water proof your electronics. That is what I do with my T-Maxx before it goes out in the rain and mud, never had any problems at all.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:19 AM
ob nut

The position where the the throttle cable attatches to the carb may need to be reposition to the inner most hole. If there is no other hole, you may need to drill one. That would reduce the amount of travel needed to make full open/close.