Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Nitro Viper GT ?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Nitro Viper GT ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 10:30 AM
hvac
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro Viper GT ?

my new boss gave me this boat he bought on ebay to get it running. i have no experience with boats but lots of time with glow airplanes and helicopters. does anybody know where to download a manual for this boat? i think it is a kyosho. it has a watercooled pullstart engine. i got it running and put it on the water, but it seems very slow. not sure about whether the drive system, prop, propshaft, etc. is configured correctly. motor doesnt seem to rev very high on the water. set high needle about 2 to 2.5 turns. if i make a tight turn motor revs high for a second or two then comes back down, might be the prop coming out of the water. went to kyosho website and no manual for this boat. it has a plastic 2 blade prop. everything works but i just dont think it is going as fast as it is supposed to. i would say maybe 8 to 10 mph although just guessing maybe slightly faster than that. has a airbleed carb also. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-12-2006, 11:26 AM
Vertical3-D
My Feedback: (20)

Default RE: Nitro Viper GT ?

yeah, it wqas cavitating in the corner, you gotta let off a bit or turn less sharp, a different prop would help alot, also if the motor is tuned and runngin right then its just slow, a prop would help alot though...
Old 02-13-2006, 01:00 AM
hyper701

Default RE: Nitro Viper GT ?

i know a guy that had one of them about 6 yrs ago and from what i remember it got along the water quit well, it wasnt slo at all, good luck with it anyway