Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 109 of 114 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 2834

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Thunder Cat 31

to helicrazedout and Dawg1200....i still think both of you had or still have the same problem......dawg, you may know about the fuel mixing for your truck, but running a nitro boat is a whole different ballgame...the mixes are completely different from each other....your truck is going to run a hell of a lot leaner than you should ever run your boats.....the cooling of the boat is more difficult than with your truck, which is air cooled....your boat has a hatch on it with a few cutouts which are meant to get some air flow through your carb, and let a little heat escape out the back...the boat's cooling system is from water going to the motor, while it is moving........if its just sitting there or barely moving, it isnt getting cooled enough....regardless, because of this you HAVE to run your engine rich or it WILL overheat and destroy your engine.....you have to keep checking all the bolts and fasteners on your engine and make sure they are snug/tight and there are no leaks....that includes your pressure nipple on the exhaust header too, if it is loose, or you have an air leak in your fuel and exhaust system (check that silicon header connector too), that alone will cause it to lean out and overheat or shut down......I as well used to run nitro cars, and still run nitro planes (12 out of 23 are nitro, one is a 4 stroke) and heli's (2 out of 14 are nitro), as well as my 4 nitro boats. of the 4 types i run, heli's and boats run the richest, and in that order...planes the leanest....it is also the reason heli and boat fuel have the highest oil content in their fuels....to keep em running more efficiently at higher temperatures, but you have to run em rich so you dont destroy em................dawg, youmay be having problems with your .32 atm but i'd go and check everything over for leaks and such first, and richen it up further before you tear it down for a rebuild, it may not need it................and before i forget.....was there enough water coming out of the water outlet when you were running? sometimes flash from manufacturing or something plugging the water lines to the engine could be your cooling problem too...another reason to check all your lines as well....those cooling lines could be plugged (from manufacturing or from foreigh matter picked up while running) that caused it to overheat, if it was running rich enough..........you can never be too careful......any one of these things could be causing your boat 'not' to run right and your engine could still be ok.....
    T-Rex 600N Hughes 500 TOW defender, 450SE Airwolf and 250 NYPD Hughes 500D
    TC31, TS2, TS3, SV27

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

if you are running it on the bench, you had good compression, temp is 130degrees (not warmed up yet), and it revs out before cutting out, its still either running too lean or you have a leak somewhere....could be as simple as a pinhole in your silicone header coupler too....your cylinder sounds ok bro......if it was bad, you would have little or no compression....even a slightly scratched or deformed cylinder or piston would show a small leak when its completely cooled, so you have no probs there if it was showing 70psi
    TC31, TS2, TS3, SV27

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here is a good way to check the waterflow on the bench if it won't run in the water....this isAmax's idea....it is what he uses to break in his engines on the bench. I use an electric fuel pump and the fillin station accessory for my fuel bottle. I discconected the fuel pump andtook the empty fuel bottle,cleaned it out and tied off the outlet hose. I thentook the inlet hose and put it on the outside of the jug a hooked it to the inlet nippleon the cylinder head of the engine.. A ladder and gravity does the rest. As you can see in the second pic, it works good. Thanks Amax!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ca80720.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	190.9 KB 
ID:	1492066   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xs58198.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	139.8 KB 
ID:	1492067  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

aye i do similar......i hang an uncapped gallon jug of bottled water from one of my deck's planter hooks, has a hole poked in the bottom and tubing inserted into hole, silicone to seal it.......just gotta keep your eye on the jug's water level as you are running the engine....just to check for leaks though, i'd remove tube from water outlet and plug it,  remove inlet tube and blow thru it, nice and easy check

TC31, TS2, TS3, SV27

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

kewl D...from your PM at least you are going the right route to figure out whats happening....its always the tiniest thing we overlook that is usually the problem, and a lot of the time, itll be an easy fix....one step at a time bro, you'll figure it out.....would be easier if it was all in front of me, or any of us, to see what's going on, but with all the peeps in here, me, Res, amax, ron...a few others that prolly havent seen this yet, will cover everything that could be checked...
    TC31, TS2, TS3, SV27

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well just got back from the pond after bench check, it ran a while longer as long as i didnt run full throttle with it, then i decided to steper up a bit and of corse what was not good, found a floating tree lim under the water fliped the boat upside down in the water sheared the rudder off had to send in the rescue boat ! Got her back to shore cleaned the water from carb and cylinder fired it back up tried it again and still was having problems running at higher speeds? but i will keep trying things before i rebuild this motor now it has become a chanllenge to correct the problem ! LOL
    TC31, Shock Wave 55 SS, MIss Elam 1/12th, Gator Air Boat, Atlantic Tug, Vitro Vee

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

silly question how do you post a video on this?
    TC31, Shock Wave 55 SS, MIss Elam 1/12th, Gator Air Boat, Atlantic Tug, Vitro Vee

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

On the bottom....were it says upload images and files? Dude that sucks about the tree limb....but keep on chugging. My not so good story.....I fire her up....throw her into the water and she goes and thenrevs high halfway through the lake and not going anywere. So I think....prop done fell off...... $50 at the bottom.....good thing I got a spare....I killed the engine....whip out the fishing pole and the boat is too far out....and going away from me. So I walk around and wait for it to come to shore and WOAAAAA!!!!!!The prop is still on!!!!!!Get her to the garage andfind out I gotdrive dogissues...I am using an Octura unit and the grub screw is sssoooooooo freakin tiny....and itappears to be strippedout a little....it is ontight....put some loctite on it and ordered two more from OSE.....we will see tommorow......

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well you guys were right....check all bolts and nuts quite a few of mine were seriously loose now their tighten and ran the boat yesterday runs like a dream thanks!
    DX7 Transmitter, KDS-600 Innova, HK-450, V922, V911 Thundercat 31 nitro boat

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

grats bud, glad to hear 
    TC31, TS2, TS3, SV27

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: dawg1200

well just got back from the pond after bench check, it ran a while longer as long as i didnt run full throttle with it, then i decided to steper up a bit and of corse what was not good, found a floating tree lim under the water fliped the boat upside down in the water sheared the rudder off had to send in the rescue boat ! Got her back to shore cleaned the water from carb and cylinder fired it back up tried it again and still was having problems running at higher speeds? but i will keep trying things before i rebuild this motor now it has become a chanllenge to correct the problem ! LOL
    Are You Running this thing Full Throtel On the Stand??
    Top Speed Hobbies llc. Gotta Need For Speed..
    www.youtube.com/user/topspeedhobbies

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I ran my TC with the new GrimRacer 50% today and was really impressed with how well it ran!!! What glow plug do you guys recommend for the dynamite 32 with the head shims removed on 50%?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A Cold Plug for 50% nitro. I Prefer the McCoy MC9.
    Top Speed Hobbies llc. Gotta Need For Speed..
    www.youtube.com/user/topspeedhobbies

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i don't know if it makes a diff in head clearence,but your supposed to keep the aluminum shim in at all times and just remove the brass shims.
    One day at a time, it\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'s not always a race.

Thundercat 31
    R42
    Conquest
    SS Motors

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well it looks like I got some reading to do . I just sent off my baby for a trade on a tc31 . My wife caught wind of trade and well you can guess the rest

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thats what I did but thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Today I got a chance to run my new to me tc31 and she ran great . I run with 40 % red max . I stripped the stickers and sprayed the interior w engine enamel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ec87358.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	1514153   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Up47747.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	1514154   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yd83633.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	1514155   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ga77043.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	1514156   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oz29601.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	1514157  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

*sight, still waiting for my TC31 to get back from my bud's....he's been so busy with work (he's a painter for a living), he hasn't had the time to finish up the paint on my hull...at least i know the base color's done.  will be posting pics as soon as it's back
    TC31, TS2, TS3, SV27

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Were have you been Den? Been looking for ya!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i've been running an m445/2 on my boat for awhile so i put a thundertiger 45 carb on it and ran a 445/3.i don't know if i can get more torque out of it or not but i'm going to explore it.

Thundercat 31
    R42
    Conquest
    SS Motors

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ran the bigger carb on mine and got a little more torque but couldn't get as much top end so back to the original carb.

Thundercat 31
    R42
    Conquest
    SS Motors

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

heheh been impatiently waiting for my hull back....that, running around like a chicken with its head cut off...busy as hell with work....the love of my life came back into my life.....a lot's taken up my time lately
    TC31, TS2, TS3, SV27

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My friend bou7ght a tc 31. It took an hour to start the thing. Near the end of the hour, we started the engine, but one we took off glow igniter, engine stopped. Finally, engine started. We ran it and 1/4 throttle for about 5 min. Going slower than walking speed (guess engine piston was too tight still) then, he revved the engine to full throttle,  which was like less than 10 mph      The prop got loose all of a sudden and engine went so loud due to rpm increase. We stopped the engine, refuled, fixed prop, then went for run again. It was still so slow, it went maybe 3-5 mph faster in the 2nd tank of fuel, then all of a sudden, it went crazy! Im guessing like over 40mph. It just blasted off and my friend had no throttle control. He told my he was still  1/4 throttle, he tried to steer and tried to throttle all the way back to kill the engine. It didnt stop, it went crazy speed and was soooo loud!!! Suddenly it just like died, stopped in middle of lake. We went to get it and when we opened it, there was fuel all over the place under the engine. We noticed that the carburetor freckin fell out of the socket so air rushed into the engine making it go super fast. Im guessing it flooded the engine too. Later on, the fleck shaft lost its tip and started to uncoil, which sucks. Then a set screw broke in half
    . Id say its a bad boat. the canopy cracked when it came and so on.....  i think they use some old parts on the boat. The water outlet came rusted like its been used for years.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

was it a brand new one?
    TC31, TS2, TS3, SV27

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The carb must have come loose and jammed the linkage, your lucky it fell off thats what killed the engine, it will not run without it! no carb = no fuel, the fuel then siphoned out of the tank because the carb was lower than the fuel level.
    It will be loud when it running, very loud! It's a 2 stroke engine, they are loud!
    Hope you didn't damage the engine lugging around at low rpm under load in the first runs, hope you were getting cooling water through it!
    If it wouldn't accelerate at first but still ran you were way to rich, probably why it was so hard to start. If it was lean it would have screamed but had no power and died after a few seconds.
    Nothing wrong with the boat, all sounds pretty much like user error. You didn't check to make sure everything was tightened up before you ran it.
    It sucks that it was damaged in shipping but that isn't the fault of the manufacturer, should have gone after the delivery service if the box was damaged or looked like it had been dropped.
    Sounds like you need to find someone around you with some nitro and boat experience to help you guys out.
    Damn huskies ate it!