Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 111 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 2834

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Thunder Cat 31

when running (lean) this will cause more heat as the fuel will also cool the engine if the problem persists you can cool the headder by raping copper tube around it run cooling line like this pick up to head to exhaust cooler to water outlet i think there are some pic s of this setup i the thread if you need them

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thanks i checked whole 110 pages of tc31 thread and saw some cooling solutions like you sad.i plan to use this type of system on my header and hope it works.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hi i would say if its getting hot you are running it to lean or your cooling pipe might have a blockage

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

cooling pipe is ok because i check it continuosly when i m running my boat and water circulation is ok but i wonder and search if HSN is lean?on the other hand after each tank of fuel i check my engine temperature and its ok.no problem with that but why HSN is drop down to ~1 i want to find this and if its normal i forget it and keep on running with my boat.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

there are a few things we also have to consider is temp outside and also altitude you run at because i run at two different altitudes and there is a 1/2 turn difference between the two ponds running my hull today i was at 3 turns out and it ran great but it was 60 deg outside lots of air if i run it in july i find my setting around 1 3/4 turns out to about 2 1/4 turns out hot humid air i like to be on the rich side for the simple reason a fat engine cant be hurt but a few passes with a lean neadle and you wil be spending $$$$ also rember when your engine is under a load it will lean out a bit so set it up a little fat on the beach

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rcguy1411

there are a few things we also have to consider is temp outside and also altitude you run at because i run at two different altitudes and there is a 1/2 turn difference between the two ponds running my hull today i was at 3 turns out and it ran great but it was 60 deg outside lots of air if i run it in july i find my setting around 1 3/4 turns out to about 2 1/4 turns out hot humid air i like to be on the rich side for the simple reason a fat engine cant be hurt but a few passes with a lean neadle and you wil be spending $$$$ also rember when your engine is under a load it will lean out a bit so set it up a little fat on the beach
    of course different altitude,humidity and etc. affect HSN may be half turn like you sad but mine is over 1 turn and i think its in critical position now.in this thread i m trying to reach "asmund" from norway.may be 5 or 6 months ago i saw his video here on page 101 and i wonder how quiet his pipe and made a decision to buy one for me.but now i have interesting HSN problem and i wonder what he did when he used this pipe formerly???i send him a mail and a private message so i m waiting his reply impatiently.i hope i will find a solution with this new pipe because i dont wanna use stock pipe again its too noisy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello, sorry for taking so long, haven`t been in here for a while because the boating season has been waiting for the winther to go away. You have PM

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: asmund

Hello, sorry for taking so long, haven`t been in here for a while because the boating season has been waiting for the winther to go away. You have PM
    thanks a lot asmund. you answered all of my questions. now i will pass %30 nitro&m445 combination and like you sad i m trying to reach 35mph and if its possible may be more but in my city i dont have any pond and i m running my boat only on the sea so i dont run my boats when i want only if i catch calm sea. anyway when i reach possible top speed i will post video here to take some opinion from you and other tc31 fans.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

can anyone tell me what size allen i need to start this boat with the drill.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

welcome back Asmund, and Erolos, good luck and dont give up...the tc31 is a fun boat to play around with I know a few were looking around for a different carb to run on the dynamite as well, and Asmund was using a different one than what others have tried....an ASP .91 carb if I recall...
    T-Rex 600N Hughes 500 TOW defender, 450SE Airwolf and 250 NYPD Hughes 500D
    TC31, TS2, TS3, SV27

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

anyone for the size of the starter ??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Try sticking allen wrenches in there until you find one that fits. Use a cut-off ball-end so that you can. I can't remember what the size is for sure, somewhere around 5/32".
    IMPBA 17238 S
    269 Racing Team

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have now changed my Dynamite .32 for a Sirio Race .27 buggy engine, Jammin JP-1 exhaust, Octura M445, Rapicon 60%. Air-cooling works great and I could remove the draggy water-pickup. With this set-up the boat litterally flyes along the water, I have to let go on the throttle sometimes to avoid beeing airborne. I will radar it as soon as possible, but I have a good reason to believe that it is faster than my previous personal best of 45 miles on the modded Dynamite

I know this for sure, I will stick to air-cooled buggy engines and have a wide selection of relatively inexpensive very powerfull engines to choose from. Now I am trying to decide which one will be my next engine, LRP .28 Spec 3, LRP .30 Competition or the Picco P3 .28, all of which should be even more powerfull than my old well used Sirio (used to be in my buggy before)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have now changed my Dynamite .32 for a Sirio Race .27 buggy engine, Jammin JP-1 exhaust, Octura M445, Rapicon 60%. Air-cooling works great and I could remove the draggy water-pickup. With this set-up the boat litterally flyes along the water, I have to let go on the throttle sometimes to avoid beeing airborne. I will radar it as soon as possible, but I have a good reason to believe that it is faster than my previous personal best of 45 miles on the modded Dynamite

I know this for sure, I will stick to air-cooled buggy engines and have a wide selection of relatively inexpensive very powerfull engines to choose from. Now I am trying to decide which one will be my next engine, LRP .28 Spec 3, LRP .30 Competition or the Picco P3 .28, all of which should be even more powerfull than my old well used Sirio (used to be in my buggy before)
    woww finally your new project came alive asmund i would like to see your new projects detailed photos and of course videos.on the other hand i have a bad news from my side today i broke my dynamite 32 piston rod but i dont know why because i didnt push too much when i run my boat but later i saw many rust inside the engine so may be its from long term salt water corrosion? anyway now i need a new piston rod or a new engine. but the question is which engine? i like dynamite engines tiger drive systems very much and i dont want to leave this practical operation system so if i buy different brand 32 engine can i use this system on it?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I really don`t know about that, but the Dynamite is quite a decent engine. I couldn`t kill mine and I ran it as hard as possible. Maybe the easiest is to fix the stock engine again if there`s spare rods to find out there?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I really don`t know about that, but the Dynamite is quite a decent engine. I couldn`t kill mine and I ran it as hard as possible. Maybe the easiest is to fix the stock engine again if there`s spare rods to find out there?
    yes i tought same as you sad and ordered piston rod 2 days ago.i like dynamite engines too and think it deserves one more chance!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeehaaa...finally picked up my hull from the painter's...
    Now to get 'er reassembled...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yw66994.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	261.7 KB 
ID:	1615969   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oj26591.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	257.7 KB 
ID:	1615970   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sx61422.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	253.2 KB 
ID:	1615971  
    T-Rex 600N Hughes 500 TOW defender, 450SE Airwolf and 250 NYPD Hughes 500D
    TC31, TS2, TS3, SV27

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Serpents Den

Yeehaaa...finally picked up my hull from the painter's...
    Now to get 'er reassembled...
    its looking good put it on water as quick as possible

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

looks real good i want to paint myn, just have no idea what paint to use to protect the boat.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I ran my TC 31 again today and swapped the Jammin jp-1 pipe to a new STS 0403 that is a top-end pipe as opposed to the JP-1 which is a bottom-end pipe. The boat was noticeably faster and actually was quicker from the start and on the pipe too, this was a little surpricing. The best pass on the radargun was 83 kpm ( 51.67 miles) This is the best for me so far and now I will try a M545 instead of the M445.

Set up right now is: Sirio Race .27 buggy engine, ASP .91 carburator, STS 0403 tuned-pipe, Octura M445, Rapicon 60% fuel.

The buggy engine holds up well and works like a dream, aircooled and all

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hi all after running my tc 31 on the water for about 8 mins alot of white smoke comes out of the engine is this normal? is it possible to be running to hot?
    DX7 Transmitter, KDS-600 Innova, HK-450, V922, V911 Thundercat 31 nitro boat

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

after many attempts i m back to stock pipe again.i didnt want to do it but i had no choice because the new purple pipe was quiet but didnt produce enough power or may be i didnt use it well,i dont knowwhen i put stock pipe on my tc,its back to flying again but disturbing exhaust noise is still there

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Make your own muffler or lengthen the stinger and ad a water inlet so when it is running water dampens the sound

Cobus

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

so i finally took the boat out the lake this weekend, set screw fell off the prop on start up so it sat on the bench all weeknd.

could someone post a pic of the low speed needle ? i brought the manual along but was unable to locate the low speed.. found the idle and high speed no problem tho.. on the opposite side of that was a nut then throttle arm so im confused.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the low speed needle is a pita at the carb arm the needle is inside you need a really small flat screwdriver to adjust the exhaust tends to get in the way