Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

which boat would be better

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

which boat would be better

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 06:55 PM
toyotatruckin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which boat would be better

aeromarine mean machine
proboat Thunder Cat 31

Im thinking of getting one and just wanting some opinions which is faster, better made, and parts easy to come by oh and mods like bigger motor in the future?
I was looking at the miss llumar but Not really wanting a hydro after thinking about it...
Old 05-10-2006, 07:42 PM
wave waker

Default RE: which boat would be better

so far nobody posting yet bout the mean machine but there is proboat cat31 thread goin on here.
Old 05-10-2006, 07:43 PM
mr hydro 1

aeromarine sprint cat 40/60 is a nice cat, it handels rough water really well, i think it goes for $219.00 dollars. alot of boaters that race, use this type of hull because you can up grade to a larger motor, all the way up to a .90(15cc) and it can handel it very well with the .90 ,,, if you are tight on money and you can afford the hull, but dont have the big bucks for the big motor,a pull start .32 will push it OK?but not really fast but fast enough . P.S. I recommend that you put a( OPS .45) in it to start with,aeromarine carries the engine also.if you plan to go bigger later on, this is the way to go!!
Old 05-10-2006, 08:02 PM
toyotatruckin

only thing with the sprint cat is after getting everything needed the price is more than im wanting to spend rtr is what im wanting under 400$ Ive been the 1000$+ rout before I built the boat and couldnt bare to put it in the water! it was a 48" deep v Challenger all enforcer hardware and I built a 30cc homelite that was just killer i left out nothing on the motor inside and out custom everything I did bench run the engine but like i said couldnt bare to toss it in..lol
I have read the thread on the proboat cat here I just wish there was one on the aeromarine MM.18

Old 05-10-2006, 08:46 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: toyotatruckin
I have read the thread on the proboat cat here I just wish there was one on the aeromarine MM.18
Have you read these?
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4155991/tm.htm
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4208169/tm.htm
Old 05-10-2006, 10:11 PM
Jerry Dunlap

Jeez, I cannot believe I'm going to say something nice about a Horizon ProBoat, but I've had the opportunity to closely examine the ProBoat Thunder Cat 31. It's a rather nice RTR. Actually, it's a really nice RTR. I haven't seen one run, but I would think it would run in the mid 30s.

Aero Marine makes quality model boats. I've never seen their 18 Cat, but if it's anything like other Aero Marine products it would be well done.

Jerry Dunlap
AquaCraft Models
Old 05-10-2006, 10:36 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Wow, Jerry, I can't believe it either! I saw the T-Cat at a LHS and it does look like ProBoat is finally starting to get their act together. There are stilll reports of flex cable failure though.
As far as the Mean Machine 18 goes, I was really impressed with the boat when I saw the first 2 prototypes and thought that this boat was going to raise the level for all RTR boats to have to meet. So far, I have seen unhappy owners of the boat. One person described it as "There are going to be 50,000 pissed off owners of this boat when they get theirs!" Performance is what was expected of it. This is Aeromarine's first shot at a RTR boat and with more in the works, things aren't looking good. It really needed a .21 in it instead of the .18, even if it was a sport engine.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:18 PM
toyotatruckin

well went to the hobby shop today and bought the TC31 I just decided after trying to get ahold of aeromarine by email and phone with no luck and almost no reviews on the mm .18 and from the pictures of the motor mount I have found It looks like aeromarine needs to work on there RTR boat..My opinion..... I did get a cheaper price on the tc31 because I had them open the box and pull the boat out so i could get a good look at it and also look at the motor/stuffing tube alignment which is ok and we found the radio box had come loose from the stringers no big deal, a little epoxy will fix it right up, 20 bucks off.....Thanks for the info guys