Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

TS2 POST IT HERE...

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

TS2 POST IT HERE...

Old 08-16-2007, 02:02 AM
topfuel4430

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TS2 POST IT HERE...

Dicko, either one of those ratios sounds ok. If you are still running the stock nickel sleeve in the OS, definitely run some Castor. running the nickel sleeve on just synthetic, will lead to the nickel flaking off around the top of the sleeve. I also run Klotz now.

~James
Old 08-16-2007, 11:58 AM
Arrie

Ok thanks, I will be mixing 12% Morgan and 3% castor and 55% nitro and will test to see how motor goes. Will let you know. On the Thundercats we run same oil mix but with 40% nitro and it works well, the boats really go nicely.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:52 PM
topfuel4430

Morgan Fuels makes great oil. I used it for years. You should have no trouble, sounds like a good mixture!

Did you ever find out why the OS ate the bearing?

~James
Old 08-16-2007, 11:43 PM
terry kelly

will bringing up the prop shaft closer to the bottom of the hull help the porposing and bobbing? it does it halfway down the straightway and then gets on the prop then flys smooth as silk, or do i lower it a bit? maybe a bit more angle? or less? also some recomendations on props i havea 2 lade on there right now..os21xm. and 50 % nitro. thanks guys

help me i have bee ambushed by a super addictive hobby....
Old 08-19-2007, 02:51 AM
ozbryan

ORIGINAL: ozbryan

Heres my ts2 with cmb green head on it

Just got another ts2 for my PER OS full mod motor

will be changing the paint work soon

heres my TS2 with the OER OS
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx69926.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	147.1 KB
ID:	744947  
Old 08-21-2007, 06:55 PM
j manikis

I HAVE A TS2 WITH A OS 21 STOCK I JUST RACE IT THIS WEEKEND AND COULD NOT GET IT TO HANDEL IT WOULD HOOK AND SPIN OUT SO I TRIM IT IN AND IT HANDEL A LITTLE BETTER BUT THE SPEED SLOW DOWN SO MUCH I HAVE MY MOTOR SET AT 3/16 ABOVE THE SPONSONS AND I AM RUNNING A 4053 2 BLADE FROM GRIM I WAS WONDERING IF MAYBE THE WOOD BLOCKS I PUT UNDER THE BOTTOM ARE TO FAR FORWARD AND LETTING THE BOAT DIG DOWN TO FAR PLEASE CAN SOMEBODY HELP WITH THIS PROBLEM
Old 08-21-2007, 07:39 PM
Jerry Dunlap

ORIGINAL: j manikis

I HAVE A TS2 WITH A OS 21 STOCK I JUST RACE IT THIS WEEKEND AND COULD NOT GET IT TO HANDEL IT WOULD HOOK AND SPIN OUT SO I TRIM IT IN AND IT HANDEL A LITTLE BETTER BUT THE SPEED SLOW DOWN SO MUCH I HAVE MY MOTOR SET AT 3/16 ABOVE THE SPONSONS AND I AM RUNNING A 4053 2 BLADE FROM GRIM I WAS WONDERING IF MAYBE THE WOOD BLOCKS I PUT UNDER THE BOTTOM ARE TO FAR FORWARD AND LETTING THE BOAT DIG DOWN TO FAR PLEASE CAN SOMEBODY HELP WITH THIS PROBLEM
Try these things:
1. Reduce the amount of throw in your steering servo. You could be oversteering.
2. Lower the motor to even with the bottom of the sponsons.
3. Be sure the boat balances 10" forward of the transom.
4. The location show in the Operating Manual for the forward recovery blocks is the correct placement.

JD
Old 08-31-2007, 08:48 AM
steelydano

My ts2 is here and the OS outboard will be here early next week. Cannot wait to burn some nitro and get going. I am very impressed with all that comes with this boat for the money. Great Job Aquacraft and Jerry!!!
Old 09-09-2007, 02:39 PM
macbane

My OS XM .21 seems to be leaking fuel around the muffler. It looks like it comes from the little tube that is under there. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, do you know how to fix it? The engine is still being broken in so the fuel is still pretty rich. Could it just be too rich?

Thanks
John
Old 09-09-2007, 03:16 PM
topfuel4430

The little tube under the muffler feeds spent fuel/oil down to the prop shaft. It is the built in OS oiler system. There should be two tubes coming off of the muffler, one going into the top of the flex shaft/lower unit, and one going into right above the prop shaft.

Also, the muffler is a two piece unit, and has no gaskets. It is simply a machined surface seal. It usually work pretty good, but its not uncommon to see small amount of spooge coming out from the seams. Just check everything to make sure its tight, and run it.

~James
Old 09-11-2007, 09:17 AM
steelydano

Well I have to say the boat is pretty nice and runs out well. I am a little frustrated with the tank though as it is tough to see how much fuel is left in the tank. No big deal just need to get in the habit of refueling and topping off after every run. We run on a Public lake and have other boat traffic to worry about and many times our runs get cut short.