Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

THE UNOFFICIAL CEN AQUA JET THREAD

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

THE UNOFFICIAL CEN AQUA JET THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 11:13 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: THE UNOFFICIAL CEN AQUA JET THREAD

I hate to tell you this but if you didn't tear the receiver and other parts down right away, you probably did.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:14 AM
AWDEVO8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya, I probably did, it was in the lake for over an hour... (
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz76745.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	516424  
Old 08-31-2006, 12:38 AM
Ron Olson

I've seen a shot just like that before but it was my engine in the boat that a buddy had borrowed!
We pulled the engine out of my Grey Thunder because his recoil was broken, we didn't have a spare so I just loaned him the whole engine for the day just so he'd have his boat to run.
Dry out everything as soon as possible. Mine took a dunking on its first outing so I tossed it in the basement for 2 weeks without doing a thing to it. Later on I used some Aeroplate on the receiver and it brought it back from the dead.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:37 AM
Jesus C

Aww man that sucks, Ive gotten my electonics wet alot of times until I finaly sprayed some of The Stuph in & havent had a problem since. How did you sink it?
Old 08-31-2006, 12:45 PM
AWDEVO8

ORIGINAL: Jesus C

Aww man that sucks, Ive gotten my electonics wet alot of times until I finaly sprayed some of The Stuph in & havent had a problem since. How did you sink it?
All I did was turn it sharply and it flipped!
Old 08-31-2006, 01:22 PM
Ron Olson

That'll do it! The transmitter has a 3rd knob at the bottom that controls the amount of steering throw and most likely you've got it turned up all the way. Back it off to where you only have about 15 degrees max in each direction or go easy on the turning.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:06 PM
Jesus C

Well i'll be at the lake this weekend & i'll defenetly get a video this time. Hope I dont mess up the camrea somehow
Old 08-31-2006, 04:33 PM
AWDEVO8

Yes, this is surprising to me though. I had a jetstream800 and it wouldnt flip at full turn. I have a Wildcat (old great planes boat) and its a hoot to turn sharply. I think i'm going to transplant the cen motor into the electric wildcat!!!!!!
Old 08-31-2006, 05:33 PM
AWDEVO8

Hey question, theres alot of prop talk but, which is the best? X440? X637?
Old 08-31-2006, 10:42 PM
Ron Olson

I tried a bunch of them on my Grey Thunder and felt that the X-637 was the best one out of my box and that the X-440 was too much.
Old 09-01-2006, 10:52 AM
AWDEVO8

x637... cool, I'll order one
Old 09-03-2006, 09:16 AM
J T

Hi Guys, I bought an aqua jet .16 90%RTR last weekas my first nitro boat. The weather in the UK is pretty bad at the moment so I haven't had a chance to break it in yet. What I keep seeing on threads though is that the AJs are normally supplied with a pistol grip controller. In mine though was a Futaba attack T2ER (40.665mhz) which has one trim per channel and channel reversal and my servos supplied were Futaba 3003s. One of which is twitching (like it is getting radio interference) it happens to the be the one I've got on my throttle. question is have i been supplied the wrong parts ? and what is causing the servo to sound rough and to be twitchy? There isn't much movement but this servo sounds different to my other one. the steering one is nice the other sounds a bit ratty.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:26 AM
Ron Olson

It can be linkage hanging up but I'd rule that out. Your transmitter could be too close to the boat so try it a little further away to see if that does the trick.
Old 09-03-2006, 10:32 AM
J T

I thought it was because of being too close as well but the further away I take the radio the worse it got. It also started affecting the steering servo too... then realised i'm sat at the computer with tons of other electrics - Hi Fi, PC... hmm but even when i take them both away from this any increase the distance it still happens, only when the radio is swtiched on. my receiver batterys are good rechargeable nimh, however my radio batteries are 8 zinc carbons shouldn't i reuse them for tv remotes and get some others?!
Old 09-04-2006, 10:24 AM
AWDEVO8

Id bet you got the reciever wet therefore you have twitching. I just did this to mine!
Old 09-04-2006, 10:32 AM
Ron Olson

I was trying to rule out a wet receiver as it sounded like the boat hadn't hit the water yet.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:07 PM
AWDEVO8

whoops, you are right!
ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

I was trying to rule out a wet receiver as it sounded like the boat hadn't hit the water yet.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:19 PM
Ron Olson

I wasn't trying to be right or wrong but just what I had read. I was just assuming that it was a new boat but he didn't say if it was new or used or had been on the water before the glitch started.
It could be other things like a bad crystal in the TX or RX or someone not matching the frequencies like having it just one channel off. I've been around long enough to see some weird things going on so it might not be the obvious things. It might even be a bad switch!
Old 09-07-2006, 12:58 AM
AWDEVO8

I ran some 30% "Cool Power" Fuel today. Wow is all I can say!!! The boat loved it!
Old 09-07-2006, 04:16 AM
Scorpio145

Hey All,

Just thought I would jump on and give an update on my AJ that I ran for the first time today. Weather was bad with a strong wind which made the river a tad choppy but other than that I couldn't be happier with the AJ. It didn't leak or take any water in at all. I must admit I was concerned after the first few tanks that it was a really slugglish boat. But on the 5th tank I leaned it out a bit and it literaly leaped out of the water and went straight in to a plain. I certainly can see what people have been saying about watching your turns. I didn't flip it thanks to everyones great advice on here so thanks for your input guys. I love this boat, even in stock form. Granted a fibreglass hull would be nice but other than that I can't complain. The only mishap for the day was when I didn't put the cover on properly and when I hit the gas it flipped of. Thank god I have a canoe handy because the water is COLD!!! The day ended with me getting the prop caught in some vines under the water but no damage done. Can't wait for a calmer day to really test her out!
Old 09-07-2006, 09:35 AM
Jesus C

I am having a weird problem with my lid. Every time I put it the engine would shut down, so I ran it with out the lid & it would run fine.I have a hole over the carb & it never did that. It all of a sudden started doing that & I dont know why. Could it be that the lid is chocking the engine?

But the weekend was pretty fun, In the early mornings I was doing home high speed passes around the lake & tuning it. Then I had some fun by making it spin out. Even with the lid off nothing got wet inside.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:03 PM
J T

Hi all,
Sorry for late reply i've been away last few days. No i haven't put it on the water yet so unless the guy sold me old gear that was once wet, i don't know... should have bought my boat from Steven Vaccarro as i know all his stuff is much better stock supplied gear. Anyhow I bought some new batteries for the transmitter as that's all i can think it can be. I did have the same radio problem with an electric boat years ago i put that down to batteries being wrong/mixing wrong types. hopefully gonna break it in this weekend and will see how it runs then.

I got some extra plugs/ and a CF prop too but will run the engine in with stock supplied stuff to start with.

Jesus, i've read in a few places that this boat needs an airscoop. I don't dare start chopping my hull up yet but wondered if you have packed it with extra foam or something similar for extra floatation. I found some pipe insulators that i was going to fix in there but wonder if this will shorten the amount of air supply there is when the lid is taped down. I would check that there's no cracks in your exhaust too.

Scorpio, you're very lucky the lid didn't sink, rivers can have strong undertows/ lots of debris, I won't go near them without a life jacket!
Old 09-07-2006, 02:35 PM
Jesus C

I've been wanting to make a RAM air, but I think that it can hurt my engine more than help it. In my hatch I have hole like in the first pic. Gonna make the hole bigger like in the second pic for more air to enter.(sorry for stealing your pic james) For flotation I dont have anything. The styrofoam blocks that came with it melted for the nirto fuel that spilled on it once.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vs55566.jpg
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	520541   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx74734.jpg
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	520542  
Old 09-07-2006, 03:15 PM
Scorpio145

I am placing two holes where the helmets should lock on to th lid and giving the helmets to the dogs to chew on. I like the idea of putting in a air ram with filter. I might use one off my Nitro car and see how it all goes. Jesus when you are putting the lid on are you tilting the boat slightly. I noticed that mine died a couple of times when doing this and it was when I was holding the boat at a funny angle.

Does anyone have any pics of where they have fitted the spin fins. I am thinking that they might be a good investment.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:47 AM
Jesus C

When I put the lid on I do it on the stand, I'm not sure about this but even if you hold it at a funny angle the engine shouldn't die. Oh well if I have to run it without the lid I don't have to worry about my electronics getting wet. Hey Moto & James where are you guys hiding?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.