Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

AquaCraft U-18 Miss Vegas PAINT?

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

AquaCraft U-18 Miss Vegas PAINT?

Old 10-03-2006, 12:22 AM
007clint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AquaCraft U-18 Miss Vegas PAINT?

Where can I get touch-up paint for my yellow and my orange AquaCraft U-18 Miss Vegas Hydroplanes?
Old 10-03-2006, 05:29 PM
Massey

Default RE: AquaCraft U-18 Miss Vegas PAINT?

You could bring them to an Autobody shop and have them match and mix you up a little paint. Tho very few shops anymore use enamals they are mainly using a base/clear system. Base/clear paint systems dont work well or shine unless you use the clear.

Massey
Old 10-03-2006, 09:23 PM
misshydro

Hi,Take it to your autobody paint store and they have a computer that take a pic of your paint surface and it will come up with a paint formula for it.Trust me I've been painting car for over 20 years.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:43 PM
G.McClintic
My Feedback: (2)

I tried to get a color match for my orange Vegas from the local paint shop. They tried both DuPont and PPG and couldn't get that bright a color - even in a color coat clear coat system. Maybe I went to the wrong shop. I've also tried RustOleum and Testors car paints, and nothing really looks right.

Is there a color available through Aquacraft for touch-up? Someone painted them somewhere.

Glenn
Old 10-03-2006, 11:52 PM
misshydro

Did they use the color scaner computer?They do have a small hand held computer that come up with a mix fomula for it.I have it done alot. I'd had my Miss Bud mixed by computer.You know what it matched perfict!! But I got another Miss Bud and the cowl that I'd painted for my other Miss Bud that matched perfict to it.Tryed it on my new one it's one shade off.There like real cars The paint line that paints cars dont keep the paint sturd up and you get 5 different shades of one color.That why the have these paint scaners at there paint stores.GM is the worst for this there up too 200 colors that are off!![:@]
Old 10-05-2006, 03:06 AM
Muhammad Aidil

[]Hi there all..I am planning to buy a very new out of the box RTR Miss Vegas U-18 absolute end of this year and try to plan for changing the color of the boat.Shall I sent the boat to any Automotive shop for painting job (esp; metallic finishing) ?

As far as I'have seen this boat, its hull are made of fibreglass, readily painted out of the factory.So do I have to use the +400 or +500 grit sand paper or more in order to get rid taking off the previous paint.My idea is to get the surface completely flat,smooth and reliable for any new next coat-up.

Please guide me ! I would greatly appreciate. For your information, I am from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and RC boating activity is not really a happening here and thus,not even anyone in my country would be able to help me.I am helpless,misguided and frustrated as well.
Old 10-05-2006, 07:42 AM
misshydro

Hi,yes I would 600 grit to get the boat ready to paint and yes ask your local autobody shop to do it.Autopaint last and take a better beating then spray paint and super quatily finish too.I dont know how much they charge over their put it should be under 50 dollars to do it.Ask if they have any left over paints that they have in the shop.You might find a color that you like and the cost would be cheeper.99 out of a 100 the left over paint if they dont us it they throw it out.[>:]
Old 10-11-2006, 12:55 PM
Bruce Frost

This is a PM I got from Russ Williamsom on the orange paint color. You can PM him for the yellow also I'm sure.

Hi Bruce,
The pantone color is 021C. A paint shop should be able to come very close to matching this Pantone color.
Thanks,
Russ
Old 10-12-2006, 03:12 AM
007clint

Russ Williamsom is GREAT - This is the PM I got from on the yellow paint color.

Now, what type of paint should I be looking for (Enamel, Urethane, etc.)? This is just for touch-ups and repairs so I don't want to take it to an automotive body shop. Should I get a hobby air-brush setup or can you just use a fine-hair brush?

-------------------------------------------
Hi Clint,
The yellow is Pantone Yellow 108.

Thanks,
Russ
-------------------------------------------
Old 10-12-2006, 09:06 AM
misshydro

Go urethane paint there stronger and more durable and last longer that other paint.That what I use on my boat plus that what I use to paint cars for aliving.You can use airbrush on it to,but you may have too thin it a little more to run threw your airbrush gun.[>:]
Old 10-12-2006, 11:05 AM
G.McClintic
My Feedback: (2)

Can anyone cross reference the Pantone paint code 021C (orange) to a something like a DuPont Acrylic Enamal or PPG Acrylic Urethane paint code?

Glenn
Old 05-28-2007, 08:15 PM
FlyinFinn

I would like to know this also. Does anyone know the Pantone numbers for the Miss Vegas in Red and the Topspeed II in white? I'd like to know what kind of paint to use. I just need to touch up some damage areas that I repaired. Going to a body shop seems rediculous to me for this purpose. There's got to be an easier way to get the touch-ups done.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:22 PM
misshydro

You could take your boat to your LOCAL autopaint store.Most have a computer scaner that takes pics of your boat color and it will come up with a paint fomula for you.That will match your red to the T!
Old 05-28-2007, 09:18 PM
toyotatruckin

Repaint it!! also you can spray over 400g with no problem..
Old 05-28-2007, 10:06 PM
misshydro

I'd sprayed over 320 with on proublems. Here's one of my Miss Bud that a scanner match up the color on it plus I'd blended it too,you cant tell the different eather!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca83056.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	693373   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up46680.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	693374  
Old 05-28-2007, 11:11 PM
!burnz

If you take a MV and airbrush a design over it do you need to spray a clearcoat over it or what?