Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

my offical scratch built .15 rigger thread. UPDATED 1/3/07

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

my offical scratch built .15 rigger thread. UPDATED 1/3/07

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 09:45 PM
rigger0324

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my offical scratch built .15 rigger thread. UPDATED 1/3/07

all right so lately ive been asking a bunch of questions. well i got the sponsoons built last night and the motor and tank mocked in the hull. i decided on my drive hardware its going to be the octura in line rudder and strut assembly and a octura flex shaft and stuff tube with a teflon insert. the motor for the first test run will be a velocity .15 buggy motor then if my scratch built rigger holds up and handels ok ill throw a o.s .15 marine in it. the sponsoons and hull came out really nice for being scratch built im happy with it. what are your guys spoonson measuments just curious. well tonight ill do some epoxying and some touch ups then monday ill get my spoonsoon rods and my order my drive hardware and put it all together as soon as i find my old ladys digital camera charge cord ill post some pics thanks. also what do yall thinik about my hardware set up?????is it worthy.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:47 PM
saleens7

Default RE: my offical scratch built .15 rigger thread.

sounds all right, once you get the pics uploaded, it would be easier to tell...

although why not use the offset rudder? the inline assembly will block some of the prop wash and will decrease top speed....but not by much, so unless you want to get every last bit of speed out of it as possible, i would say its a good setup...
Old 02-02-2007, 12:25 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I've got one .12 'rigger with Octura hardware on the transom and have the rudder offset. The boat was stripped down but I've been getting it back together. I won't show any shots until it's finished but I have one shot of it when it was done before.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	He97280.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	5.2 KB
ID:	611920  
Old 02-02-2007, 07:59 AM
gooycheese

My rigger has never been on the water running yet, but as soon as water is water and not ice it will My rigger has a os cv-r.12 engine, I dont think boats this small need a water cooling (its just more stuff ya need to add to the little boats). First off my rigger is smaller than almost any .12 rigger ive seen its, front sponsons are 8" long and 1 5/8" at the widest point on the top the total length of my tub is 16 1/2" so comparing your boat to mine isnt really to good (yours will prob float) lol

Paul
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12159.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	612005  
Old 02-02-2007, 11:06 AM
rigger0324

well actually i have decided to order an ofset rudder i ordered it last night. thanks guys i will update it as i go monday night i will have alot done so ill update it then. thanks
Old 02-03-2007, 08:32 PM
rigger0324

well i got the foam in the sponsoons and i decided and ordered my hardware but i was wondering what kina prop i should buy and when i mean what kind i mean pitch and all that i know theres a formula for all that but what is it??? my rigger is 21" long it will have a .15 in her, and with my rigger should i go water cooled head or air colled head??????? moday i will get some pics of my progress up thanks guys. the head will be exposed of course
Old 02-03-2007, 08:40 PM
toyotatruckin

Default RE: my offical scratch built .15 rigger thread. UPDATED 1/3/07

eather or on the cooling kinda your choice open cowl so it gonna get eather way....I have a 23 in rigger that im gonna start with a p215 prop oh its a .12 size
Old 02-03-2007, 10:37 PM
wave waker

ORIGINAL: gooycheese

My rigger has never been on the water running yet, but as soon as water is water and not ice it will My rigger has a os cv-r.12 engine, I dont think boats this small need a water cooling (its just more stuff ya need to add to the little boats). First off my rigger is smaller than almost any .12 rigger ive seen its, front sponsons are 8" long and 1 5/8" at the widest point on the top the total length of my tub is 16 1/2" so comparing your boat to mine isnt really to good (yours will prob float) lol

Paul
[sm=thumbup.gif] nice one!! cvr .12 is a speedy engine, i put one for my old losi buggy and really great, very easy to tune, idle good, very reliable......but i noticed the turn fin,,should it pointing down instead pointing towards rear?
Old 02-04-2007, 01:15 AM
gooycheese

Ohhhhhhh if your talking about my turn fin, its not even mounted yet. That is the arm to mount the turn fin too( or it might be called a turn fin spar)
Old 02-04-2007, 10:18 AM
wave waker

ORIGINAL: gooycheese

Ohhhhhhh if your talking about my turn fin, its not even mounted yet. That is the arm to mount the turn fin too( or it might be called a turn fin spar)
got ya!! my eyes is trickin me