Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Miss Vegas legal for IMPBA Sport 20?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Miss Vegas legal for IMPBA Sport 20?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 02:03 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts
Default RE: Miss Vegas legal for IMPBA Sport 20?

Why don't you just get over it and quit trying to make yourself look good. I don't care who found out what, just that it was posted for all to read. This p***ing match you are trying to keep going is only making you look bad.

Considering you are new here with only 9 posts, taking on a moderator with almost 6700 is not a smart play on your part. Piper Chuck is highly respected on this and other forums, not to mention out in the field. Same goes for Ron Olson, Grimracer and Jerry Dunlap. Since Jerry and Grimracer both are affiliated with Aquacraft, not to mention all the above and myself being in the boating world for decades, I trust their judgement, which is more than I can say for yours. I recommend you drop the vendetta you are trying to persue, you will be here a lot longer that way.

For the record, I have never met Piper Chuck, so calling me one of his friends or cronies doesn't applyeither.
Old 03-17-2007, 02:06 PM
Russ Williamson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very well put Hydro Junkie and agree 100%.
Thanks!
Russ

ORIGINAL: Hydro Junkie

Why don't you just get over it and quit trying to make yourself look good. I don't care who found out what, just that it was posted for all to read. This p***ing match you are trying to keep going is only making you look bad.

Considering you are new here with only 9 posts, taking on a moderator with almost 6700 is not a smart play on your part. Piper Chuck is highly respected on this and other forums, not to mention out in the field. Same goes for Ron Olson, Grimracer and Jerry Dunlap. Since Jerry and Grimracer both are affiliated with Aquacraft, not to mention all the above and myself being in the boating world for decades, I trust their judgement, which is more than I can say for yours. I recommend you drop the vendetta you are trying to persue, you will be here a lot longer that way.

For the record, I have never met Piper Chuck, so calling me one of his friends or cronies doesn't applyeither.
Old 03-17-2007, 02:24 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

I just get tired of seeing that kind of stuff in the forums. I've seen several threads where one person didn't like or agree with some one else's post and turn into this same thing. It's not needed and counterproductive. Besides, the whole point was to let every one know the Vegas is IMPBA legal. Who really cares who got the answer as long as it's correct
Old 03-17-2007, 02:24 PM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for the help piper..creating drama you always do...trying to make certian people look lower then you. Good game plan. [:'(],my take on this is you(RTRfun) don't need any help in that department, what you are trying to justify as a viable approach to clarify some posts and statements are extremely adolescent......[:-]
Old 03-17-2007, 03:19 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Thanks for the support guys. Here's some additional information on the person who decided to throw this thread off track. While his profile says he's posting from "Back Alley, FL", evidence suggests a different location. The disruptive, rambling nature of his posts may appear familiar to some of you. I've seen enough to form my own conclusion about who may be at the keyboard, I'll leave it up to y'all to decide for yoursleves. Peyton Place has ended, this thread will now get back on the subject of the legality of Miss Vegas in IMPBA.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:11 PM
Russ Williamson

For those not aware or might not have caught this, for NAMBA, the Miss Vegas is not legal. Reason being, in Sport 20 Hydro, the strut cannot be mounted to the transom, it must exit through the bottom of the hull so the prop shaft does not extend too far past the transom. If you modify your Miss Vegas strut to exit through the bottom of the hull, then it would be legal.

There are no plans to change the Vegas and/or make a version for the strut to exit through the bottom of the hull. However, I do respect NAMBA's rule. The rule is intended for hydroplanes (sport) to resemble their full scale limited and unlimited hydroplane counterparts, which the strut exits through the bottom of the hull.

When designing the Miss Vegas, we were not thinking of the IMPBA or NAMBA rules. The reason we (AquaCraft) mounted the strut on the transom for the Miss Vegas; it is easier to maintain, adjust and manufacturer when mounted on the transom.

Thanks,
Russ
Old 03-17-2007, 09:18 PM
007clint

OK ... I am the person that piper_chuck referred to as "the person who got the bad info also took the time to get the facts". I am in the process of converting on of my Miss Vegas's to a Sport Hydro 20 and wanted it to be legal in both NAMBA and IMPBA. I already knew about needing to move the strut underneath the hull for NAMBA BUT I, frankly, didn't know of any other problems so I was actually lucky that someone posted that there might be other problems. I went to both organizations and got the following answers:

I felt that the text and drawings in the NAMBA and IMPBA rules were confusing and I was getting mixed messages from several experienced racers so .... I went directly to the official technical directors of IMPBA and NAMBA for the answer to two questions:

1) Is the Miss Vegas (with its existing hull) legal to run in IMPBA Sport Hydro 20 and NAMBA Sport Hydro 21?

2) If not, what specifically would have to be modified to make it legal?

Here are the official answers that I got and posted on in a Miss Vegas thread on another forum (03/13/2007 : 18:51:37):

(Remember, however, that without a powerful engine transplant, your competition might embarrass you!)

I went to Mike Schindler (IMPBA Technical Director) who went to his technical advisers and the answer is:

"We feel the hull is legal in IMPBA sport 20 so with the Technical Director's blessing carry on and if you run into any concerns please contact me at any time you feel the need.... Mike Schindler IMPBA Technical Director"

I also went to Eric Bourlet (NAMBA Sport Hydro Chairman). He answered:

“I think it's the Belly pan depth measurement "E" in the rule book. I will be picking up a Vegas from Jerry Dunlap tonight and will check it out and let you know. . . .

The strut and the Belly pan (measurement "E") are what make it illegal in NAMBA and these are easy to fix
.â€

I then asked Eric “What about the sides of the bottom (don't know the official term) which are 1/8" or so lower than the rest of the bottom at the transom (like a 'mini-tunnel') - do they exclude it from the Sport 21 class (if I fix the strut and Belly pan depth)?â€

Eric answered: “We have no rule that excludes the air trap from going to the back of the boat. As long as you take care of the belly pan measurement "E" and the strut you can run it in Sport 21.â€

By the way, the NAMBA rules indicate the measurement “E†for Sport 21 cannot be over 3/8 inch.

So for IMPBA Sport Hydro 20, you are good to go; and

for NAMBA Sport Hydro 21, move strut under the hull and reduce Belly pan depth to not over 3/8â€.

A great big THANKS goes to Mike and Eric for their official IMPBA and NAMBA rule clarifications!

My modified Miss Vegas is coming along fine and I can't wait to get it finished and on the water!!!

It is going to be an INTERESTING year for Sport Hydro 20 / 21 racing!
Old 03-17-2007, 11:37 PM
RTR_FUN
Banned

Thanks for the support guys. Here's some additional information on the person who decided to throw this thread off track. While his profile says he's posting from "Back Alley, FL", evidence suggests a different location. The disruptive, rambling nature of his posts may appear familiar to some of you. I've seen enough to form my own conclusion about who may be at the keyboard, I'll leave it up to y'all to decide for yoursleves. Peyton Place has ended, this thread will now get back on the subject of the legality of Miss Vegas in IMPBA.
There was no attempt to throw the thread off topic as you put it, it was a attempt to get you to tell the whole story. The facts came out when you were confront about it, matter of fact you quote the person in question. So my post was removed when the facts come out and banned as a direct attack to you. This post is informational no doubt, we now know the rule standing on the Vegas, but it was started with the intent to make a certian person look bad.

Now as far as where I am from, never knew this was important? Would it matter if I was in your back yard? Funny how you suggest I am certian person
The disruptive, rambling nature of his posts may appear familiar to some of you.
ISNT THE POST MENTIONED ABOVE RAMBLING?
Old 03-18-2007, 05:18 AM
mopartybob

[quote]ORIGINAL: RTR_FUN

There was no attempt to throw the thread off topic as you put it, it was a attempt to get you to tell the whole story. The facts came out when you were confront about it, matter of fact you quote the person in question. So my post was removed when the facts come out and banned as a direct attack to you. This post is informational no doubt, we now know the rule standing on the Vegas, but it was started with the intent to make a certian person look bad.

Now as far as where I am from, never knew this was important? Would it matter if I was in your back yard? Funny how you suggest I am certian person
The disruptive, rambling nature of his posts may appear familiar to some of you.
ISNT THE POST MENTIONED ABOVE RAMBLING?

DUDE..GET A LIFE AND LET IT GO,............[:-]
Old 03-20-2007, 12:15 AM
ebourlet

Thanks Clint for doing what should have been done before everyone got caught up in the frenzy. I don’t check this board very often. I’m usually checking IW but JD mentioned that there was some discussion over here so I decided to check it out .By then you had set the record strait. I hope in the future if anyone has rule questions for either sanctioning body they at least ask the Class Chairman for their take on the issue before spreading rumors. That’s what they are there for and that is why the sanctioning bodies have their email address posted.

Eric Bourlet
NAMBA Sport Hydro Class Chairman
Old 01-03-2008, 12:31 PM
piper_chuck

Over the last couple weeks I've seen people commenting that the Vegas was not legal for IMPBA Sport 20. I thought it would be worth bringing this thread back to the top so people could see.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:07 PM
misshydro

I can see that rule for the scale boats.But on the sport classes???[&:] That stupied!![X(] Whats next???[X(] have all the boats to have the scales rules???[&:] for equipment/parts to have or not to have??[&:] I wish all clubs like NAMBA or IMPBA and other would have the same classes of rules so we can all race,to have fun. It's sad when you have to pick and chose a race because of rules and classes.[:@] If my input/questions was stupied then shoot me???[]
Old 01-04-2008, 03:30 PM
piper_chuck

ORIGINAL: misshydro

I can see that rule for the scale boats.But on the sport classes???[&:] That stupied!![X(] Whats next???[X(] have all the boats to have the scales rules???[&:] for equipment/parts to have or not to have??[&:] I wish all clubs like NAMBA or IMPBA and other would have the same classes of rules so we can all race,to have fun. It's sad when you have to pick and chose a race because of rules and classes.[:@] If my input/questions was stupied then shoot me???[]
Huh? What rule are you talking about?
Old 01-04-2008, 03:42 PM
mopartybob

ORIGINAL: misshydro

READY........AIM..........FIRE....... Just kidding..could'nt help myself..........[8D] I think she was referring to the belly pan rule or ???
Old 01-04-2008, 05:27 PM
Sean Bowf

I think the belly pan rule is in place to prevent folks from creating a riding surface. My understanding is that the IMPBA bought off on it because it is not a ride surface... NAMBA might be caught up in the letter of the rule, instead of the intent of it.

Sean
Old 01-04-2008, 06:30 PM
piper_chuck

ORIGINAL: Sean Bowf

I think the belly pan rule is in place to prevent folks from creating a riding surface. My understanding is that the IMPBA bought off on it because it is not a ride surface... NAMBA might be caught up in the letter of the rule, instead of the intent of it.
Yup. Part of the difference in the rules is that NAMBA has a measurement that can't be exceeded. If I recall correctly, there is a proposal to change this area of the rules.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:21 PM
misshydro

If that meant the adustable strut rule??[&:]I would say yes!![X(] Thats What I was talking about.[8D].But I wish all clubs like IMPBA and NAMBA have the same rules?? Instead of different one that make some people very confused,what's is what's for rules??It would bring more boat to races=a growing fun sport??[8D]
Old 01-04-2008, 07:48 PM
gooycheese

Well Miss H there is only 1 namba club close to you and that would be Madison Wisconsin and thats and FE club and a few in Florida other than those you will have yo go atleast 1000 miles or more to find one. The Vegas is legal in IMPBA, now all ya need is a membership and you will be set. The people that do live in places where both organizations are present most likely have read the rules and know whats legal and not, or have asked or been called on a rule.

Paul

p.s. I got my NAMBA club info from : http://namba.com/content/districts.asp
Old 01-04-2008, 11:40 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: [Deleted]

Paul, actually there is a closer NAMBA club and again, they're a FE club only and that's the Mid-Michigan Electrics Unlimited that now hold their events at Camp Dearborn in Milford, Michigan.

Misshydro, there is a difference between the RTR class rules and what could be called a Sport hydro class. IMPBA Sport 20 and 40 classes allow you any engine up to their limited displacement. No wings required, no detailed interiors and a host of other things that the Scale classes don't have.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:51 AM
misshydro

What I was saying,If NAMBA&IMPBA and other clubs have the same rules on there classes,like RTR's and sport's,scale and FE=More races you can go too,to race in and more people to meet to trade or get tips from. The adustable struts rules sinks on ice For the sport classes.[:@]The sport classes arent scale boats.[>:] To sum it up,It would be nicer if all clubs have the same rules and regulations on the boat classes then it wouldnt be so much confushion and bebate on what is aloud or not aloud.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:43 AM
ebourlet

MissHydro, You keep talking about an adjustable strut rule in the same sentence you mention NAMBA. What the heck are you talking about? It is hard to read your pigeon English post and understand what you are trying to say. NAMBA has no rule that outlaws or requires an adjustable strut. Please try to read the rule book it's available on line free to everyone even non members look at www.namba.com and ask questions before you go off and make such wired claims.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:47 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Just trying to fix that [Deleted] thing.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:14 AM
gooycheese

I did a whole explanation but lost it lol..................................this is an "Adjustable Strut" mounted on the bottom of a hull.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29368.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	842726  
Old 01-05-2008, 08:49 AM
toyotatruckin

here is also the back and bottom side of a strut mounted on the bottom of a sport 40 hydro...

Old 01-05-2008, 01:45 PM
Sean Bowf

I think she is stuck on the belief that all under boat struts are like the proboat strut...not adjustable.

Sean