Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

New Miss Vegas 2 thread,to make her better and faster.

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

New Miss Vegas 2 thread,to make her better and faster.

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 09:44 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: New Miss Vegas 2 thread,to make her better and faster.

She went to the Gas Nat's on Sunday so she got an idea of what gas boat racing is about. I think that her boyfriend now has the urge to go gas also. I missed her as I went Saturday.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:47 AM
Pete48

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Miss H - What is the motor back there with the red cooling head??
Old 09-20-2007, 11:51 AM
Dan S

That looks like a Dynamite.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:27 PM
Pete48

Dan, Thanks. I think you're right. From what I found on the web, all of them have red cooling heads.

I'm seriously thinking about getting an OS .18TZ-TX. It probably won't be until next year, but the specs seem to fit our application and I have proof (saw a video) that it runs pretty decent in the MV with sponson mods and a 440 prop. It was on you tube....."Miss Vegas in Vegas" was the title, I think. Anyone seen it? Or know who it is? Thanks.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:41 AM
terry kelly

oh my god fellas i didnt even see the boat in that picture , how the hell did you see the color of a head.? i do like the fact that you all match , but which one was first the boat or the suit? very creative.. i should just give her one of my cmb .21's just for lookin so good..[X(]
Old 09-23-2007, 11:12 AM
Dan S

Terry,
I believe the boat was first than she made the suit to match.

Dan.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:42 PM
joseywales

Close. She bought the suit,three of them and She had to altered one suit,she made it into a two piece because she's 5 10" and it was alittle short on her. She added and made the checkered flags on the end of her sleeves and pants bottom . So I'd painted the boat to match her outfit since she was having health problems.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:52 AM
misshydro

Hay I think you guys want to check this out!!![8D] There a Miss Vegas on ebay that the guy claims that it will do 55 MHP!!!!!!![X(] I think not with a stock .18 in it![:'(] Man theres alot of Bull adds on ebay lately on fales speed claims!! [:'(] Well I'm going to my friend pond to run my vegas and do some test on.Cant run her in the lake,it's seldom clam to run a hydro!![:@] Plus I'm working on my Miss Bud to,so that two project on the burner now!![>:] Ok heres the ebay vegas add Let me know what you think??????[&:][link]http://cgi.ebay.com/aqua-craft-miss-vegas-rebuilt-custom-paint-neww-motor_W0QQitemZ270169498401QQihZ017QQcategoryZ1916 6QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/link]
Old 09-24-2007, 10:05 AM
Dan S

I think He's full of Hot air.

Unless its the paint job and the rubberized under coating that make's it go that fast.

Dan.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:08 AM
Ron Olson

ORIGINAL: Dan S

I think He's full of Hot air.

Dan.
Ya think? JD's (now Russ') .21 powered Vegas can't hit that but close.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:59 AM
Sean Bowf

I like how he put it away properly by oiling it, etc...but there it sits with the fuel tank still full of fuel...

It is a neat looking boat...and might be worth $250 with the custom paint job etc. But once a person tells one lie (55 MPH??), how can you trust him about anything else (new motor??, rudder??, etc). Of course if he added a pound to it by coating the whole inside of the boat with underbody...then it probably won't be worth anything to someone that wants to race in an organized event.

Also, no pictures of the back of the boat...but the collet looks like a version 1 collet...hard to tell, might just be after market.

Sean
Old 09-24-2007, 07:28 PM
Pete48

I think that boat has more than "2" tanks through it. Check out the condition of the header and coupler...and what's going on with the top of the radio box?? Are those just fuel stains?? But if it does 55, maybe it's worth it[sm=what_smile.gif] <---I love that face!

It's been too rough to run up here. I can only take her out when the winds change direction. I usually get about a 10 minute opportunity and then it's back to wave city. I am noticing a little less cavitation with the grim prop, but I'm sure I've lost speed in the straights with it. I'm going back to the stock prop until I can get an Octura Y535. I still think there is something to be said about a lighter prop though (i.e. plastic) as long as it is has some reinforcement to avoid flexing.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:19 PM
Ron Olson

The top of the radio box looks like primer overspray.
I see that there are no bids on it yet. Maybe eBay shoppers are getting smarter or they're bidding on the Dolphin/Stingrays!
Old 09-25-2007, 01:47 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

I'm thinking the rubberized undercoating is to hide an improperly repaired bottom or rotting engine rails. I agree, the 55MPH claim is a bunch of BS
Old 09-25-2007, 07:06 AM
f16man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

She might do 55 with a couple estes rocket engines mounted on her,,,,,,,,,,, BUT NOT FOR LONG! HE HE HE
Old 09-25-2007, 11:04 AM
cwaterhunter

or in th car going to the pond[sm=tongue_smile.gif]
Old 09-27-2007, 10:11 PM
RcBoatman59

Im sure that the claims of 55 mph are true, my Vegas does 70 mph and it only has a .12 out of a NitroVee running on 10% fuel and a bad glow plug...

Actually, if it was getting towed by a really fast rigger...
Old 10-05-2007, 10:31 PM
misshydro

Well you have to check this vegas out![X(] I dont think this guy is going to get 400 put 40 dollars in shipping on a stock first gen custom painted vegas???[&:] Toyota,I think he got 350 or more out of his custom pink vegas,but he done alot of upgrades and mods to his vegas.[link]http://cgi.ebay.com/custome-painted-miss-vegas_W0QQitemZ140165222699QQihZ004QQcategoryZ1916 6QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/link]
Old 10-07-2007, 06:35 AM
huckitbig

I would buy a Miss Vegas if Aquacraft would offer it with Brushless set-up. Can't run nitros at our local lake. They could put in the Supervee 27 FE drive train. I have one totally moded and it really flies!! Anyone have a Vegas hull that they want to sell? I could try it myself.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:39 PM
misshydro

Ok guys I need to ask a favor from you!!?? Any of you that did upgrades like changing rudders or struts or flex cable?? Or have them as spare parts or sitting around not using them?? I need two rudders and two struts and two .150 flex cable.I'd used the parts from my one red vegas on my other boat upgrade.!I need them For two projects I'm going to work on. If so do you want to sell them?? Please let me know threw PM please!![8D]
Old 10-12-2007, 12:51 PM
gooycheese

If you dont mind me asking what kinda project ya gonna build with .18 running gear?

Paul
Old 10-17-2007, 06:03 AM
Nickos

Hey guys, look i posted on the other vegas thread with a couple of typical noob questions, which evryone has been great in helping me with. I just wanted to repost here to ask if there is anyone in Perth Australia with a Vegas looking to hook up with a club. I have got together with the guys at the WA PowerBoat Model club that run up on beach rd at a good pond/resovior, however they r running gas monsters so i feeling a little inadequate[] at the mo and would like it if there were some other boats my size, (ahem), to run with. If there are enough, it would be great to get a decent group together for racing purposes.

regards, Nick.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:55 AM
Nickos

Hey guys,

just got an octura Y535. It obviously has a 1/8 drive hole, but is too tight to slid on the vegas stub at this point. Is it common for these pops to come like this, and i presume filing the hole os the only answer?

Nick.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:10 AM
beaverboy

You could carefully run a new 1/8" bit through the prop hub a couple of times. Also polish off any rough spots on the MV shaft using fine steel wool.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:49 AM
Sean Bowf

They have always fit for me Nickos. I think the only problems I have had is engaging the drive dog. Seems like some times one or the other (prop or drive dog tooth) are not centered, and I have to file the prop slot a little to get it to fit.

The 1/8th inch drill bit previously mentioned sounds like the ticket. Be careful though, and don't hold the prop in your hand while doing it (could turn into a spinning knife if the bit catches on the drill bit).

Sean

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.