Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

TS2 sponson prob

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

TS2 sponson prob

Old 08-18-2007, 04:52 AM
GRANT ED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TS2 sponson prob

I am currently building my 2nd TS2. My first, (orange) I used a Thunder tiger engine. This was a lot of fun and an offer to buy it from my friend was too good to pass up. This gave me a chance to get the one I should have from the start, a red one with an OS. I have just started fitting the motor and have noticed the bottom of the sponsons is not flat. The font and back are lower than the centre by approx 2 or 3mm. Actually the overall quality of the red one is lower than the orange. Maybe I got an old original batch?
Anyway, I cannot return the boat as I got it from overseas and the shipping/headache would be too much.
Is the sponsons a problem? If so what is the best fix?
Old 08-18-2007, 10:50 AM
winzracing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TS2 sponson prob

HEY GRANT ED...I WOULDNT WORRY ABOUT THAT...MINE IS THE SAME AS I HAVE JUST LOOKED AT IT AND MINE SEEMS TO BE OK...I ALSO HAVE A TS2 WITH A THUNDER TIGER ON IT AND FINDING I HAVE TO PUT ALOT OF WEIGHT UP FRONT AS ENGINE IS PRETTY HEAVY...DID YOU HAVE TO DO THE SAME AND WHAT PROP WERE YOU RUNNING MATE..CHEERS
Old 08-18-2007, 04:35 PM
GRANT ED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did have to add a fair bit of weight. Its no prob though, just keep adding it until its balanced. I am running a B/C and cupped 1440 (from props4u). Actually the TT engine has been good. It runs fine the only reason I changed to the OS is because I may start racing and the OS is better for fitting pipes and has better adjustment for depth/thrust angle.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:43 AM
ozbryan

i had the same problem with my red one and my orange is fine! funny that isnt it!.

Get a peice of wood, nice and flat the longer the better and use it to sand the side thats curved flat. it will help with the overall handling. The os is a great motor, i recently got one full mod from Oval Express and it runs fantastic!
Old 08-19-2007, 05:04 AM
winzracing

yip i will keep adding weights....do you have a prroblem with the boat porpising and also I have a fuel starvation prob on mine at the moment and think I will have to add a hopper tank to it...Whats your HS Mixture set at grant