Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

PTO bearings K&B 7.5 outboard

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

PTO bearings K&B 7.5 outboard

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 02:07 AM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default PTO bearings K&B 7.5 outboard

Guys...how do these come apart to get the bearings out? Are they pressed together, or what? I can't see any set-screws or anything...
TIA
Old 01-17-2008, 02:16 AM
Jerry Dunlap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PTO bearings K&B 7.5 outboard

ORIGINAL: proptop

Guys...how do these come apart to get the bearings out? Are they pressed together, or what? I can't see any set-screws or anything...
TIA
Place the pto on an open vice and tap the pto disc out of the housing. To remove the bearings, heat the housing and tap against a piece of wood. I use a propane torch to heat the housing. You just need to get it warm not red hot.

JD
Old 01-17-2008, 02:30 AM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great...thanks Jerry[8D]
Old 01-20-2008, 02:03 AM
ebourlet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should not use a torch as this can warp the housing. If you have access to an [link=http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=3552]Arbor press[/link] you can press the PTO shaft out if not you can tap the PTO shaft out as previously mentioned and them place the housing in a 350 degree oven this will heat the part evenly so it will not warp. After heating to 350 the bearings should just fall out with a gental tap. You can use this same method for engine blocks. FYI the best bearings I have found to use in the K&B 7.5 PTO are a ceramic bearing available from [link=http://www.adamsinline.com/bearings_prod1.html#adams]Adams Inline[/link] they only cost $6.00 each and will make one smooth PTO.