Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

OPS.21 engine?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

OPS.21 engine?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 07:14 AM
f16man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OPS.21 engine?

Anybody have one or run one, for 185.00 bucks looks like a nice vegas engine , aeromarine has them and nice parts list too.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:29 AM
fast9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OPS.21 engine?

Funny you should ask. I have one that I dropped in a Vegas for a while. Pretty easy swap. I actually used the mac header and pipe I had on the OS 18. The short manifold on the OPS won't clear the radio box. My modded vegas ran a consistent 42 with the OS 18 and about 45 with the OPS 21. I don't think that the side exhaust 21 is a big power house like their supermarine 21. Thus the big price difference.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:20 PM
f16man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

O ya it was very early this morning when I saw it, they show the rear ex engine in the picture but then when I looked down the list I saw the hot rod price. BUT 45 mph with a vegas is pushing it to blow over any way so the hotrod engine would be way to much most likely, now I should get some feedback from the .21 vegas owners. O BOY O BERTO.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:19 AM
fast9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah it was touchy at 45. Not a problem until you started crossing the wakes of other boats. Did a lot of fishing for it. I still run that motor in a little outrigger I have. It's kind of a bear to tune. Seems like with the single needle carb it has to be slobbering rich at idle to be correct on the high end. Takes a little time to clear it out and get it on the pipe. If anyone has any experience with this motor I'd like to hear how they are doing with it.