Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

How to set up a tunnel hull?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

How to set up a tunnel hull?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 11:55 PM
Doc.316

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to set up a tunnel hull?

Ok...here is the deal...my friend has a top speed II...I have a dumas hotshot 21 glass...(wow it was a good hull back in the 70's...lol)...it has a short fin k&b on it...he wants to race...ok..he is a old guy that is really jittery...so at least I have a chance....but I have forgotten how to set this boat up!(am getting old)... So...I remember that the vertical setting of the engine was one parameter that was critical...(and I still have marks on the mount so I have a pretty good idea where this should be)...I also know that we (dad and I) worked on the cg of the boat to get it to run well...(we had put in a weight box in the front of the boat)....so I can play with this some
But I also remember that the boat would "hook" badly...! We tried turn fins and such and I can't remember if they helped. Do they? How about trim tabs and such? Any new stuff or ideas to come along that might help me at least get her around the lake without too much embarassment...(lol). Am kinda at a loss since I have been a non boater for a couple of years..(ok have been flying but haven't been boating except for running the top speed 4 or 5 times since about 1980.

thanks
Steve
Old 04-07-2008, 12:11 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts
Default RE: How to set up a tunnel hull?

your best bet on getting good info on this would be to send a PM to either Jerry Dunlap or OB Nut. They are prebably two of the best in the hobby
Old 04-07-2008, 12:35 AM
Jerry Dunlap

Go to aquacraftmodels.com - click on "Manuals" - click on "TS 2" - there's lot's of set up information there.

JD
Old 04-07-2008, 12:13 PM
ryan_t888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We also have un-official threads for the 3.5cc tunnels and 7.5cc which may have pictures illustrating what information you need. An RCU search will dig these up.

Ryan
Old 04-07-2008, 04:27 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Some of the people in the Wichita club should be able to help you too. http://www.wrcpbc.org/
Old 04-07-2008, 06:13 PM
Doc.316

Okies ..thanks...did a search on "hotshot" and all I got was sprints....I will try 3.5 tunnel.

Steve