Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Boat retrieval

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Boat retrieval

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 05:18 PM
pcg33k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boat retrieval

What do you guys use to retrieve your boat when it stops in the middle of the pond? I've been using a fishing pool and a little help from mother nature.
Old 06-14-2008, 06:11 PM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Boat retrieval

most people have found another use for there fast electrics by tying on the line from there fishing pole and retrieving their stalled boat that-a-way,just run it on out there,do a U-turn,and you should snag hardware,works for me every time..... how'd the race go with your boss...... [8D]
Old 06-14-2008, 06:52 PM
pcg33k

Well we went to the pond before it started raining he through his boat in the water and I started to start mine. I got it started tossed in the water and it stalled so I retrieved attempted to try to start it again and my tiger drive battery was didn't have enough power to start my boat so he won. Of course I got razzed the entire day at work from him so we're gonna try and race again this week if the weather holds up. I took the boat to the pond today and I finally have an idea of how to tune the thing now. I had full throttle 70% of the time but since the water was a little choppy I didn't want to flip for the second time today so I backed off a little bit. I'm still waiting for my gps to arrive so I can base line the boat stock and then add the header and tuned pipe and see how much of a difference there is. I'll let you know how the race goes.
Old 06-14-2008, 07:59 PM
Dreamin Hemi

Just don't swim for it! There have been a couple recent deaths with r/c boaters due to this. Personally I use a canoe, or even a 3 man inflatable boat...I just don't bring it in that boat, the turn fins will surely rip the plastic! I usually drag the disabled boat behind me.

-Scott
Old 06-19-2008, 11:40 AM
vamp131

get a dinghy e bay you get a cheep one try get 90" OR ABOVE OR IF THE WATER IS SHALLOW get waders

i use mine in a shallow pond just put waders on go get it lol

a fishing rod is a good thing to keep by telescopic ones are very cheep keep it in the trunk or your car

another way is a tennis ball with fishing line and a few hooks to grab the boat
Old 06-19-2008, 01:27 PM
pcg33k

I ended up finding pictures on youtube and here and made my own.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:24 PM
vamp131

you tube check out my air boat air boat crash lol
Old 06-19-2008, 11:03 PM
aaron89

i use a kayak if its cold, or i dont feel like getting wet. or other wise i swim out to go get it. (my lake is shallow) i couldnt imagine dieing while i swim out to go get it...lol
Old 06-22-2008, 03:45 PM
jerj

Ok all get ready I'm a think'n machine!, ok you'll need a large bobber or two...then a series of rare earth magnets mine are 3/8 x 1/2" inchers. then separate the halves of the bobber glue two to three magnets on the lower inside think about balance and placement and the magnet poles when doing this...use the other magnets to hold in place as a clamp when glueing/epoxying...glue bobber back together. Then do the same in your boat thinking of water line and placement... the weight of the magnets should be negligible. I've posted a pic. please note if you cant figure this out and its outcome. you shouldn't have such a hobby. take care all, Jeremy
Old 06-23-2008, 12:35 PM
cuzican

I usually use a fishing pole in the rare occasion that I'm not out in my 1:1 boat while I'm running my rc junk.
But I have been known to swim after them on nice days too.....not sure why this is frowned upon. You can either swim or you can't.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:40 PM
Dreamin Hemi

I believe the biggest issue about the swimming for it depends on the environment. If I lived in Maui, where I can walk out for half a mile and only be in water up to my waist and see my toes like I was looking through air, than yes, I WOULD SWIM FOR IT On the other side, winter, or cold water conditions some may take a risk and swim for it only to end up getting too cold, unable to move and you know the rest.
Old 06-23-2008, 04:30 PM
cuzican

ORIGINAL: Dreamin Hemi

I believe the biggest issue about the swimming for it depends on the environment. If I lived in Maui, where I can walk out for half a mile and only be in water up to my waist and see my toes like I was looking through air, than yes, I WOULD SWIM FOR IT On the other side, winter, or cold water conditions some may take a risk and swim for it only to end up getting too cold, unable to move and you know the rest.
I guess I just figured those were no brainers...but then again I must have figured wrong. I live in Montana where the lakes are covered with ice 5 months of the year...just thought it was common knowledge that you don't swim in water thats too cold.