Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

twin 40s engine side by side twin props

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

twin 40s engine side by side twin props

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 12:21 PM
vamp131

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default twin 40s engine side by side twin props

thinking of making a new boat successfully put a 40 plane engine into a hull water cooled it with copper pipe runs cooler than my marine engine !!

now thinking of making one up with two 40 plane engines got a few i could use think i will need a big hull has anyone made any up pics or info be great if it not fast it not fun

great thing would be if one stops i be okay

thinking of having two props at the back twin rudders but will i have to use the engines to steer as well or will the twin rudders work

I was going to make a twin prop air boat but think two of them in a hull be way more fun!!
Old 08-07-2008, 04:13 PM
MiniMental

Default RE: twin 40s engine side by side twin props

well for starters mate, you SHOULDNT build a mono hull.... i would advise a Cat maybe?!?!?! If you put engines side by side in a mono, when you turn one prop wouild come out of the water... this would cause enough problems on its own, then theres the fact that the engine would overrev due to sudden loss in load and hey presto! kaboom... I would think a cat would be a good way to go... only i dont have much experience with cats so you should ask some of the other RCU peeps and see what they think..

Regards
Aidan
Old 08-08-2008, 11:15 AM
TCHedOff

You do a rigger if you want SPEED. Go you youtube and check out some of the videos of Twin riggers running.... they are outrageous (but I also should state a rigger is by far the HARDEST to get set up correctly.... depends on your building experience. If you dont want to scratch build, you try using the firefighter plans from Tom Morehouse and add a some width to the tub).

Just a thought - but lsiten to MINIMENTAL's advice about NOT doing a mono (unless you can figure out how to make the two engines in-line on on drivetrain, shaft, prop).
Old 08-08-2008, 11:17 AM
TCHedOff

You could do a rigger if you want SPEED. Go you youtube and check out some of the videos of Twin riggers running.... they are outrageous (but I also should state a rigger is by far the HARDEST to get set up correctly.... depends on your building experience. If you dont want to scratch build, you try using the firefighter plans from Tom Morehouse and add a some width to the tub).

Just a thought - but lsiten to MINIMENTAL's advice about NOT doing a mono (unless you can figure out how to make the two engines in-line on on drivetrain, shaft, prop).
Old 08-08-2008, 11:19 AM
TCHedOff

You could do a rigger if you want SPEED. Go you youtube and check out some of the videos of Twin riggers running.... they are outrageous (but I also should state a rigger is by far the HARDEST to get set up correctly.... depends on your building experience. If you dont want to scratch build, you try using the firefighter plans from Tom Morehouse and add a some width to the tub).

Just a thought - but lsiten to MINIMENTAL's advice about NOT doing a mono (unless you can figure out how to make the two engines in-line on one drivetrain, shaft, prop).