Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

ADVICE FOR PROPS, DRIVELINES, & ETC.

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

ADVICE FOR PROPS, DRIVELINES, & ETC.

Old 09-23-2008, 05:17 PM
werdonmorris
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ADVICE FOR PROPS, DRIVELINES, & ETC.

RON OLSON

YES, PLEASE SEND INFO, WOULD LIKE TO GO-BUTCH & SON
Old 09-23-2008, 10:31 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

It's on October 4th and 5th. Turn off S. Saginaw at Belvidere and zig-zag back to where that church place is and drive through that parking lot down to the lake.
They start setting up to run around 8 AM and run until almost sundown. If you know the area then you know that it's not one of those places that you want to be after dark.
If I come up there, it will be on Saturday. Just look for a crazy guy in a dark red Mariner.
I know that one record will be broken as Walt Radzinski has a Sport 20 hydro that has already unofficially run 5 MPH over the record but is hoping to top it by even more than that. Record trials can be a lot of boredom with short bursts of excitement.
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie...,0.038452&z=15
Old 09-24-2008, 09:59 AM
werdonmorris

RON OLSON

I CHECKED FOR SUMPTER TOWNSHIP, AND NO SUCH LUCK, FOR BELLEVILLE RESIDES IN SUMPTER. THEN IT DAWNED ON ME, THAT YOU SAID SAGINAW ST. WHICH RESIDES IN FLINT, MICH. SO I WENT TO MAP QUEST AND FOUND IT, THEN I DISCOVERED YOU HAD A MAP SITE FROM GOOGLE.

FLINT IS ABOUT 75 MILES FROM ME, HERE IN DETROIT. WITH ME STILL WAITING FOR MY SSD. TO GET FINALIZED THROUGH MY LAWYER AFTER 21 MONTHS OF TRYING TO GET IT. IT WAS A ROUGH BATTLE FROM START TO END. AND IT HAS NOT ENDED YET. EVEN THERE OWN DOCTOR SAID I CANNOT WORK, FOR THE WHOLE LEFT SIDE OF MY HEART IS DEAD. THEY ARE JUST WAITING ME TO HAVE MY THIRD HEART ATTACK, AND THEN THEY WILL APPROVE IT.

ANYWAYS. I LIVE ON HOLBORN STREET, WHICH IS ONE STREET SOUTH OF I-94, EAST EDSEL FORD FREEWAY, AND 1/2 BLOCK WEST OF MT. ELLIOTT STREET. THE EXIT IS 217B THAT I'AM A STONES THROW AWAY. SO IF YOU LOOK ON THE MAP, THE AREA IS IS JUST EAST OF THE INTERSECTION OF I-94 & I-75. SORRY RON, THE AMOUNT OF MONEY TO DRIVE MY HOTROD FORD RANGER FOR DELIVERIES FOR BARGAIN DOLLAR RESALE, IS NOT ENOUGH FOR A TRIP LIKE THAT, SO I WILL NOT BE THERE TO MEET YOU PERSONALLY, MAYBE ANOTHER TIME-BUTCH
Old 09-25-2008, 06:00 PM
werdonmorris

RON & JETPACK

IF I AM NOT ON FOR A FEW DAYS, IT'S BECAUSE THE CARDO CATH DOCTOR CALLED ME TODAY TO BE AT VETERANS IN THE MORNING.

THE REASON SHE SAID I AM HAVING SO MUCH STINGING PAIN, IS BECAUSE THE CATH DOCTOR MAY HAVE MADE A BOO-BOO, AND PUT IN THE WRONG ANGIOPLASTY.

THIS DOES NOT MAKE ME VERY HAPPY, BECAUSE LAY UP TIME IS GOING TO BE A LOT LONGER NOW.[:@][:@]

BUTCH
Old 09-25-2008, 08:54 PM
jetpack

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad to hear you are taking care of it instead of letting it go, Butch.

Best to go do what you have to do and get things straightened out, and be sure to get all the rest you need. We'll all be here when you get back.

Get well soon,

Dave
Old 09-25-2008, 10:58 PM
Ron Olson

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

One word that you don't want to hear from any Doctor is "Oops!". With my 10th anniversay of my first Big One, angioplasties have come a long way in this short amount of time. My first one was painful as they put a plug in my leg then put a clamp that attched to the bed on my leg for (I'm trying to remember) 4-6 hours so I couldn't move. The second time they put a "bridge" that was strapped into place with material that looked like lawn chair webbing. Over the incision was what kind of looked like a Hockey puck that had pressure applied to it.
We'll save the other fun stuff for those who haven't been unlucky enough to go through what we have.

I was a Mod in here at the time of my quad-bypass and was doing my job before and after surgery as my local hospital had lap-tops that patients could use.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:21 PM
werdonmorris

RON OLSON & JETPACK

I went to John D. Dingell VA Medical Center today, here in Detroit. And the cardo cath doctor, and doctor Ramapa told me that the angioplasty did not take. For when they did not see anything really wrong on the surface. They numbed me up, and medicine to relax, and decided to re-open the femur vein, and found it to be almost blocked up by the faulty angioplasty. I feel great at home right now, but do plan to take it real easy. To make sure, I have to keep it covered for 12 days, no showers, just sponge baths-yeck.
So I will have time to work on my boat in two days, for they said couch, or bed bound for that time frame. I hate it, but will do it, for I have to be laying down the whole time.