Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Mean Machine rebuilt

Old 05-17-2009, 10:04 PM
Dan S

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Mean Machine rebuilt

Rock,

if you have great and crisp response on the bench and dies in the water, chances are its too lean.
I would start at 3 1/2 turn.
try it and than if its too rich and you can't clear it out on the bench or in the water go in 1/8 at a time.

Dan.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:47 AM
Rocket-J

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks Dan. I will give it a shot. It will be a couple of weeks before I get my prop from Mecoa.
Rock.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:03 PM
jcrosk

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

So what happened withthe 7.5? I have a empty hull and I wondering how much engine I'm going to put un it. Ofcourse putting a .46 in there interst me greatly but I want to know how did it handle? Was it too much? Do you have video?

Thanks[:-]
Old 08-15-2009, 09:38 AM
srt10

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Rocket-J

In the beginning I talked about finishing this boat in Gel Coat. We spray Gel Coat on real boats and cover it with a PVA to allow it to cure. Then you must color sand and polish it. I have changed my mind on this model. I am in a hurry to get in the water so I am using spray enamel and a clear coat to protect it from the nitro. My past experiences say I will need to repair it from time to time.
The photos show that I have finished the entire hull in white. The graphics will go on in several layers. I first draw out the pattern and use it to apply the masking tape. With a larger budget, I would go the the paint store and buy all the same brand, in the colors I want, and know everything is compatable. I bought spray paint at different stores, trying to get close to the colors I wanted. I have had some bad luck with compatability. I have more time than money, so I am just dealing with the issue. I recommend using all the same brand to eliminate the head aches. I am trying to come close to the colors of my real boat, and that is not easy.

Rocket-J, what did you spray the interior with?
Looks nice and clean
Old 10-03-2010, 08:49 PM
Rocket-J

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi Guys. It has been a year and a half since I logged on here. When I lose interest I lose interest. Once the build was done, I went to the pond once, wrong prop, never went back. Now I seem to have no opportunity or time for this boat.
To answer str10, I use PPG low voc Speed Coat. It can be polished in about and hour.
I am selling the 30" Cat with a 7.5 KB, Futaba Tx and Fx, servo sentry and stand. Also an Electric starter, hand fuel pump, extra new CY25 engine and all my spare stuff. End of my RC Boat come back. No time or interest. $300. About half what I have in it. I will save the pix for memories. Someone will get a lot of fun out of this. All it needs is set up and tuning. Al
Old 10-04-2010, 10:05 AM
advanced builder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

RJ the 2 1/2 turns seams small. We spent part of the weekend trying to get a almost NIB.21 CMB green head to start& run. 4 turns to start with then work down.I used a friends remote needle on my Zoom carb. I gave it back to him. without CKing the needle settings Darn it . The needle I brought with me had a broken off line barb. no good. I didn't bring the one that came with the engine, thanks : Jeremy123 We did get her up & running. with some help from friends. The Zoom Carb took some time to set up, now I got setup with a different needle I got my hands into the case & liner, she's fast Very fast ABmods ,or me I did it.Runs great until you put the cover on. gettin air to the engine ,she likes to overheat, I added more openings .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wu59961.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	1510881   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92941.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	1510882   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ol31472.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	1510883  
Old 10-05-2010, 12:31 PM
Rocket-J

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

SOLD. Thanks for the memories.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:34 PM
advanced builder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

here you go,We got the CMB green head up & running inside my MM18. She was a little fussy at first we ran her rich & lean out after a few tanks. finding the sweet spot. I have the Zoom carb 38mph ,we called her flipper, I did drop the strut down & negative AOA angle of attack. The engine was gettin on pipe. Prather pipe,was way to loud. I put on a Russian K-pipe to help with the noise. Joe Petro driving my hull. With a Joeprop x443 /2
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7whbJtOs3uc[/youtube]
Old 10-12-2010, 02:29 PM
Jeremy123

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Sweet build it looks real good.Enjoy the engine buddy.

Search this Thread