Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Recommendations for DV or Hydro Kit, .20-.40

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Recommendations for DV or Hydro Kit, .20-.40

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 02:32 PM
ic-racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommendations for DV or Hydro Kit, .20-.40

I'm looking for a recreational boat (ie I won't be racing) but can't seem to find a good inboard kit in the .20 to .40 ci nitro range. I don't have any interest in RTR, pull-start engines, or AM radios etc. Basically I need a hull (preferably gelcoat or assembled) and a set of running hardware known to work with that boat. I don't want to be sourcing a hodge-podge of hardware from multiple sources. I'll probably be running an OS marine engine with a tuned pipe. I'd like something in the $300 range (just the hull and hardware).

Something like the Acquacraft Nitro models or ProBoat, but as a kit without radio or engine, not RTR.

Any suggestions??
Old 03-14-2009, 09:16 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts
Default RE: Recommendations for DV or Hydro Kit, .20-.40

Hate to say it, but you're not going to find what you're lookin gfor on a $300 budget. IF you can deal with a wood kit, you might consider looking at the Dumas Sport 40 Atlas kits 1312 or 1314 with either Octura or Speedmaster hardware, though I would recommend replacing the framing suplied with the kit. There are a few manufacturers that do glass hulls though you would probably be looking at more money and none come with running gear as far as I know
Old 03-16-2009, 10:50 AM
ic-racer

Ok, I see what you mean about the price. So, lets say up to $500 for Hull and Hardware.

I did find this http://www.funrcboats.com/ProductInf...uctid=AER1002C
Is a listing for Aereomarine Challenger 31" Hull and Hardware for $413. That really look just like what I want. Anyone have experience with that model or know of other's in a similar price range?
Old 03-16-2009, 12:20 PM
Dan S

Go look at the Aeromarine site, check for the same thing hull and hardware for $395.

Dan.