Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

AQUACRAFT'S NEW MISS VEGAS U-18 "The Deuce" Thread

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

AQUACRAFT'S NEW MISS VEGAS U-18 "The Deuce" Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 06:25 PM
ZDrysideUp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AQUACRAFT'S NEW MISS VEGAS U-18

Reading everyones upgrades etc...but what are you all putting out for speeds? Been tweekin my MVD and will clock her tomorrow for speeds. Running stock motor. Changed to 3/16 shaft and custom Y536....40 nitro...so if anyone has speed runs pls share. Would like to see how it compares to others.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:07 PM
madmorgan
My Feedback: (2)

re speed  get rid of the clunky supertigres and put in electric im popping around 52 - 53 mph running y535 , had to revert back to the velion from the junky spartan with a 9xl hobbyking motor i had 2 great runs with a turnigy 180a until it let the magic smoke out on the start of the 3rd run, but i couldnt keep wot for  more than 5 seconds because she kept gaining speed, going to be converting to full  3/16 strut and trying the 440 2 and 3 blade to see what happens . i had nothing but problems with the nitro yes it was my first but the stress level was way to much for me to even care to keep trying. next project is a insane gen 2 hydro running gas this will be a winter project. oh and i forgot to mention running electric in the deuce makes this a very enjoyable boat .
Old 07-22-2011, 06:09 PM
madmorgan

hey ntrain im running the black  for ul-1 on my deuce .
Old 07-22-2011, 06:25 PM
madmorgan

hey jerry dunlap not to rain on your parade but your super start  doesnt work very well maybe in the next generation maybe have your engineers mesh them gears better in there? or maybe make that little  shim inside thicker? i stripped 2 within 40 starts got by  adding 1 shim from 1st stripped to 2nd to get 5 or 6 more starts but ultimately that even died. running electric in her now and she rocks and rolls. even after stomping on the magic want starter and turned it into 40 pieces because the 2nd motor burned up inside it, i installed belt and starter and the connecting rod broke (probly because of the amazing super starter ) but no matter its a hobby right i shoulda nailed aquacraft with rma after rma but after calling you tech support and listening to him read for me and tell me that nitro spitting out of the carb all over and air bubbles in the fuel line when starting the motor (because the fuel tank lid is  sub standard)  oh and leaks is ok. i figured i would try my own thing but there again it depends on the user
and i have read and done a few of the make it faster tips but ultimately adding electric in place of the supertigre was my nest mod yet . now answer me something if you could ... where can i find a nice aluminum servo steer arm for that rudder my brittle plastic one just broke ?
Old 07-22-2011, 10:08 PM
Dan S

Madmorgan,
Jerry Dunlap designed the hull only, not the Super Start or the servo arms.

nice to see that you got her speeding on electric.

Dan.
Old 07-23-2011, 06:16 AM
madmorgan

i seen jerry praising the super start though , i know there is more than me stripping out them super starts just figured i would put in my 2 cents is all.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:02 PM
Dan S

No problem Mad,
you are correct, there is a fair amount of people stripping out them super start, thats why I never liked them.

Dan.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:24 PM
Jerry Dunlap

ORIGINAL: madmorgan

hey jerry dunlap not to rain on your parade but your super start doesnt work very well maybe in the next generation maybe have your engineers mesh them gears better in there? or maybe make that little shim inside thicker? i stripped 2 within 40 starts got by adding 1 shim from 1st stripped to 2nd to get 5 or 6 more starts but ultimately that even died. running electric in her now and she rocks and rolls. even after stomping on the magic want starter and turned it into 40 pieces because the 2nd motor burned up inside it, i installed belt and starter and the connecting rod broke (probly because of the amazing super starter ) but no matter its a hobby right i shoulda nailed aquacraft with rma after rma but after calling you tech support and listening to him read for me and tell me that nitro spitting out of the carb all over and air bubbles in the fuel line when starting the motor (because the fuel tank lid is sub standard) oh and leaks is ok. i figured i would try my own thing but there again it depends on the user
and i have read and done a few of the make it faster tips but ultimately adding electric in place of the supertigre was my nest mod yet . now answer me something if you could ... where can i find a nice aluminum servo steer arm for that rudder my brittle plastic one just broke ?
Joe Monohan makes an aluminum rudder arm - (909)584-1638.

JD
Old 07-25-2011, 03:45 PM
madmorgan

i got crafty and looked at some of the spare heli parts and modified a alumi arm from a head and made it work thanks though.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:37 AM
Doug B.

Just got a miss vegas deuce, I took it all apart right out of the box, ditched the superstart in favor of a belt start system, ditched the stock electronics for a KO radio and some fast digital servos, epoxied 1/8" ply to the bottom of the radio box, replaced the fuel tank (what a joke that thing is) with an airplane tank, epoxy sealed the interior of the hull, added a Grim metal prop (36X55), SV27 flywheel and collet, SV 27 aluminum rudder control arm, and I THINK Im actually ready to run now.

The stringer on the left side of my boat is delaminating, I epoxied that as well as I could, and the rudder water gallery is off center and perforated to the outside.. the drive cable wasn't even close to being lined up, I would have shredded it had I tried to run this thing right out of the box.. overall quality is a "D" grade, between problems that would have kept the boat from operating, and fit / finish issues on the boat.. Its a shame, I was expecting better quality,

I love the hull design, wish I could get a better quality version of this boat, like an american made kit maybe? Just the hull, engine, and hardware parts, maybe with the actual grimracer parts instead of the crap that comes with it (claimed to be GR parts too if remember correctly)

Id rather pay more, and get a better boat.. I had fully intended on getting the UL1 superior as my 3rd boat (I have a Spartan that has been mildly modified to cool properly) but now Im wondering if Im just looking at the same re engineering process with that as I went through with this?
Old 07-31-2011, 07:17 AM
toyotatruckin

Well, ive built my share of boats, the cost of the vegas (deuce) even with upgrades is still much cheaper than a custom built boat, they arnt perfect, ive had tons of vegas boats( and other RTRs) through my hands over the years and it really is hit and miss on quality from boat to boat but once you get the little things out of the road they run out good and are very fun to run, just think of a RTR as a used car you bought for 900$ (you got a cheap car and you know it needs work before you start driving it to work everyday lol)

Food for thought, Why when you buy a 400$ RTR boat does it have to be such lousy quality, a 400$ rtr truck has 10x the parts count and made 100X better, personally never had to rebuild anything ive opened from associated or traxxas etc just to make it work correctly,
Old 07-31-2011, 07:20 AM
toyotatruckin

Other things I wonder are where did my avatar picture go and why am I a basic member, kind of like a lolly pop-how many licks does it really take one may never know
Old 07-31-2011, 06:22 PM
Doug B.

Traxxas, Associated and Losi spend more money on their chinese manufacturing is my guess, and in return get a better quality end product. My 22 buggy is all chinese and is an awesome car.. you can buy it rtr for about what the MVD costs.. it will work out of the box and be reliable..

Custom builds will probably be the direction I head in, but there really isnt a good 1/10th scale hydro hull available is there?

Ihad it on the water today, had a helluva time getting it running, and I ended up jacking around alot with the carb settings to get it going at all, I ran 3 tanks through it, 1st time out the zip ties on the coupler came loose, the coupler slid back, and it puked oily exhaust all over the inside of the hull.. splendid.. otherwise once it was going it ran pretty well, and it handles great.. some fine tuning to be done ofc, but it seemed pretty dialed all things considered.

Baseline settings on the carb?? Idon't see any starting point listed in the manual on supertigres site or in the MVD instructions.. mine started out with the high speed needle 5 turns out,and the low speed needle was almost an 1/8 of an inch out from the carb body.. Id love a baseline to compare to on the adjustments (disregard, I found the settings in the sidebar in the manual.)
Old 08-01-2011, 08:44 AM
toyotatruckin

but there really isnt a good 1/10th scale hydro hull available is there?
Sure there is,
http://www.aeromarinerc.com/

http://www.metimeliverc.com/HobbySho...6/Default.aspx

http://blazermarine.com/

insane sells an electric hull that one could toss nitro in

http://www.insaneboats.com/

there are others out there but those are some of the more "main stream" boats places top out of above is a toss up between phil tomas and blazer marine
Old 08-03-2011, 07:18 AM
Doug B.

Thanks for the links, I've looked at Phils boats and Aquamarines stuff, hadnt seen the other two. I dont like the looks of most of the smaller (~30") boats, I really dig the 1/8 scale boats, for their more scale appearance.. I guess thats important to me.

Im not so sure Im stuck on nitro, I'll keep the deuce and run it, but I may also add an electric hydro or cat, I have a spartan that works pretty well, with cooling mods and on 5s it keeps up with the hydros and has about the same runtime.

Iknow I'm really liking the boats, and as much as I had hoped the deuce would be better out of the box, once Iget it dialed in completely it'll be fun to run, should have it completely broken in after this sunday as long as the weather permits.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:40 PM
kilr95ss

After not running the Deuce for about a year, knocked the dust off of her and did a couple shake down runs. Last time I ran it, I had the stock turn fin and was using 30% fuel. Now I have the Grim fin and running 50%, what a difference the 50% makes! The engine is still rich, starter battery died before I could get the mixture right, but still could tell a difference in speed.

Taking it to a bigger pond tomorrow with the GPS and see what happens. The pond I used today is just too small, maybe 50 yards in length. Hopping the waves in the turns most of the time didn't keep a steady stream of water going through the head so the engine was pretty warm by the time I had to stop.

On a side note, bought a TT Outlaw Jr. brushless, pretty fun boat but hate the low run time and the plastic prop. A 4S 5000mah and a X640 should help those issue a little
Old 05-21-2012, 03:11 PM
kilr95ss

Forgot the GPS but have the mixture pretty dialed in, glow plug coil shiny and slightly pulled out.

Coming up on step.

Old 05-21-2012, 06:01 PM
G4Bama

Nice pics. What nitro did you go with and what prop are you running?
Old 05-21-2012, 06:44 PM
kilr95ss

A fellow photography buddy took the shots. Running 50% and using a Octura Y535, this is the only prop I have tried so far. The pond I ran at is pretty nice, you get the urge, let me know and we'll go and burn some fuel there
Old 06-21-2012, 07:00 PM
kilr95ss

Anyone have a cowl they want to get rid of?
Old 05-17-2013, 04:56 PM
bryston

Hi,
Am looking to buy a new mvd , want to use OS 18 cv rmx, will it fit ? Do I have to modify anything? Can I use the pull start?
Thanks
Old 05-17-2013, 06:48 PM
Jerry Dunlap

ORIGINAL: bryston

Hi,
Am looking to buy a new mvd , want to use OS 18 cv rmx, will it fit ? Do I have to modify anything? Can I use the pull start?
Thanks
The OS 18 CVR MX will drop right into the motor mount. The pull start should work fine. Personally, I prefer using a starting belt and my electric starter.

JD
Old 04-29-2014, 05:21 PM
kio

Default Trouble starting brand new Miss Vegas Deuce. Please Help

Can someone please help me get my brand new Miss Vegas Deuce started?
I have prior experience with nitro engines but have not ever had a boat and have not had a nitro vehicle in a couple years.
So here is what is going on I bought the MVD from tower nib without the starter. I have seen lots of people start there nitro engines with drills so this is what I'm attempting to do. This may be my problem however I don't think it is. I have 3 different cordless drills each with a max speed of 1200, 1600 or 2400. I believe the 1600 is fast enough but I am uncertain. Can someone chime in on trying to start the MVD with a drill. Other info - I have a new bottle of grimracer 30% fuel, a new but cheap tower hobbies AA battery glow starter. It has the stock glow plug in and I have a extra new one that I have tried also. I have checked both glow plugs removed from the boat and both light up orange. When I have tried to start it, it gets fuel and doesn't ignite possibly because of not getting air. Several times I have pulled the plug and cleared all the nitro out of the carb/combustion chamber and even tuned pipe which had some fuel in it. And then proceded to try and start it. The HSN and LSN are both set to about 1/8th inch out of the factory settings which is how it came. I have not tried to adjust either the HSN or LSN from the 1/8th out of factory recommended setting which if I remember was LSN 2.5 out and HSN 4 out. I have tried trimming the neutral setting of the carb from about 1/4 the way open to 1/8 way open I can't find where this is supposed to be set. I have now spent about 2 hours trying to start it with no success, any help or advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
Joe
Old 05-01-2014, 08:50 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

I have a few questions for you to clarify what's going on:
1) When you say you're trying to start the engine with a drill, is this using a starter assembly on the opposite end from the flywheel or are you trying to use a belt around the flywheel?
2) What throttle settings have you tried? Getting air is not normally an issue, getting the proper amount of fuel is.
3) Have you had anyone with boating experience try and help you out?
Old 05-02-2014, 04:29 AM
fuma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

turning the right way?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.