Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: AQUACRAFT'S NEW MISS VEGAS U-18

hey all... today was a great day! .32 installed, broken in... and smokin! will need some help with sponson mods... need to keep her in the water.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdC4uERM6cY

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello, I had the same problem with mine. I got rid of the stock tank and installed a new Hayes 13 oz. airplane tank. Since I've replaced it, I haven't experienced those problems anymore and I don't have to worry about fuel getting all over the front end of my boat. I also can run my boat for another 5-6 minutes longer. I was able to utilize some of my old nitro plane stuff too. It's kind of nice to fuel your boat with an electric fuel pump and if you don't burn all of your fuel, you can just use the pump to pump it back into the fuel container. No more messes this way either!!! At first, I thought that a 13 oz. fuel tank would be to big and heavy for this kind of boat. I haven't noticed any difference in how the boat handles and I like how much better it runs now.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

13oz, awesome run times!
    What is your total run time with that tank?
    Thanks
    first to own the Mini Slash!
    Amsoil Dealer.. 6XL Revo, Baja 5B, Losi8T, PS295, UL-1, AQ MC, OM29, DF33

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: JLB7569

Hello, I had the same problem with mine. I got rid of the stock tank and installed a new Hayes 13 oz. airplane tank. Since I've replaced it, I haven't experienced those problems anymore and I don't have to worry about fuel getting all over the front end of my boat. I also can run my boat for another 5-6 minutes longer. I was able to utilize some of my old nitro plane stuff too. It's kind of nice to fuel your boat with an electric fuel pump and if you don't burn all of your fuel, you can just use the pump to pump it back into the fuel container. No more messes this way either!!! At first, I thought that a 13 oz. fuel tank would be to big and heavy for this kind of boat. I haven't noticed any difference in how the boat handles and I like how much better it runs now.
    JLB would it be possible to see some pics, I am interested on how you mounted the tank.. thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I got my Miss Vegas Deuce last Monday and broke the engine in over the weekend. I noticed in the review by RC Universe that to gain some more speed that you should switch 50% nitro. Will this shorten the engine life or harm the engine in anyway? Currently running 30% nitro with 18% oil content. Thanks for the Help

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I ran 40% across all my motors ive tried less and more, but found the 40% to be a good middle ground between hot and not, between 40 and 50 you wont see enough if at all to justify the extra cost and extra needle work youll have, there are so many ways to pull more speed from a boat than just jumping to a higher fuel %
    http://www.youtube.com/user/toyotatruckin
    www.aircapitolhobbies.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mike is right.

you will see a big difference from 30 to 50% however.
    myself, I use 35%

Dan.
    F-41 Stryker Cat 260 Full Mod - Whiplash GV NFS 260 - FireFighter 18 - Miss Vegas CVRM 18
    Futaba FASST

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've got an octura coupler to replace the pathetic soft metal coupler that comes with the vegas. The shaft material is pretty hard, so use a good die for threading. Has anyone ever reamed out the 1/8 props to 3/16? I don't see why it wouldn't work.
    Here is the rudder I bought:
    http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=tfl-502b20-black
    If the bracket turns out to be too long I'll shorten, but I'll give it a shot first. I agree that the aqua rudders are very brittle. I've been through two of them until now.
    My
    OS won't just bolt up, unfortunatly (21vz-m) Got a good deal on one that I couldn't pass up!

How did this rudder work? I'm new here and to boats, a buggy/truggy racer but looking to have some fun with MV2. Just got the MV2 in the mailyesterday and will break it in over the weekend. I plan on leaving it stock for the break in, but will have a turn fin and prop ready to bolt on. Any other advise would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I see that the duce comes with the old plastic props,,,,,,, I really think that the prop would be the first thing to go not only for performance reasons but for engine protection,,I can see a poor newby loosing the blades on the prop in a wide open throttle run and ruining the day of fun at the pond due to a connecting rod or other engine failure. So in short for all you new guys order the grim prop along with the boat and round file those plastic props you will be glad you did...........................

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Anyone with some GPS numbers on a sock MV2 ?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have a rooster tail coming off my rudder, is this because it is too long?
    Charles Spradley
    When in doubt, GAS IT! This will either fix the problem or end the suspense.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: kilr95ss

The second release of the orginal MV had a problem some times where the rudder mounting bracket was hanging down below the transom. You either hand to sand the bracket down, or move the rudder to fix it. I have not heard of this with a deuce yet..but you might want to make sure your bracket is not hanging below the transom on your boat.

Sean
    Miss Vegas V2 - .12 outrigger hydro - CMB .45 speedmaster mono - CMB .21 seaducer mono
    IMPBA member

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The rooster is caused by your prop!
    If you take a picture of your boat at WOT you can see the blade pitch from the prop in the rooster tail

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nah, this is from the rudder, this rooster tail is to the side of the main roost. Well, it's more like a stream than a rooster tail, like what comes from a "Sea Doo's" tail, squirting almost straight up.
    Charles Spradley

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nah, this is from the rudder, this rooster tail is to the side of the main roost. Well, it's more like a stream than a rooster tail, like what comes from a ''Sea Doo's'' tail, squirting almost straight up.

No from the prop
    not a MV but you can see the chop of the prop

the rudder only give a tad of light spray, and you can see the pitch of the prop all the way through the tail!

see doo's have a jet that causes a roost, no rudder on PWCs

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

check your water line see if its cracked, pulled off, etc.

Nah, this is from the rudder, this rooster tail is to the side of the main roost. Well, it's more like a stream than a rooster tail, like what comes from a ''Sea Doo's'' tail, squirting almost straight up.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sean, the rudder bracket is above the bottom of the transom.

toyotatruckin, no cracks, new line just put on. I did notice that in the turns, the water from the cooling line out the side of the hull is not steady, like as the hull slides through the turn the water pick up in the rudder is coming out of the water, but the stream from the rudder is still there.

srt10,I know sea doos are jet drive, this is a stream of water coming from the rudder. Looks just like the stream in this pic:

I'll try and get a pic of it tomorrow.
    Charles Spradley

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

is the stream of water from the jet ski not the water that comes out of the water-cooled engine... even when jet skis go slow some shoot up water like that

Edit: misunderstood you killr, thought you were saying the sea doo's spray was from its rudder (nonexistant rudder on a sea doo )

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: stackeddeck

is the stream of water from the jet ski not the water that comes out of the water-cooled engine... even when jet skis go slow some shoot up water like that
    I think it's a visual clue that the engine is circulating cooling water.
    Charles Spradley

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

srt10,I know sea doos are jet drive, this is a stream of water coming from the rudder. Looks just like the stream in this pic:

I'll try and get a pic of it tomorrow.

Great you post that picture... I sold PWCs a few years back and that stream of water is for a greater visibility to other boaters on the water, it is not a rooster tail
    It is a safety thing!
    this is caused by a tube running from the jet drive, and it can be taken off to give a tad more performance...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

so far weve crossed off bracket being to low,water line, or fitting is not the problem, kicking the blade forward or back would not cause the "roostertail" got a video, I want to see the sucker spray lol

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just recieved my boat back from hobby services getting the starter replaced and i can't seem to get the idle to go down i can see while in neutral that the carburetor is open to much and even with the throttle trim it's not closed enough and i tried adjusting the idle screw and it's not closing it enough any suggestions?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: bmguidry

Just recieved my boat back from hobby services getting the starter replaced and i can't seem to get the idle to go down i can see while in neutral that the carburetor is open to much and even with the throttle trim it's not closed enough and i tried adjusting the idle screw and it's not closing it enough any suggestions?

adjust your servo arm or linkage, also is your HSN set correctly?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I agree with srt10,
    check your linkage, they had to take the engine out to service it and it is very possible when they re-attached the linkage to the carb they may have put it back into the wrong hole.

Dan.
    F-41 Stryker Cat 260 Full Mod - Whiplash GV NFS 260 - FireFighter 18 - Miss Vegas CVRM 18
    Futaba FASST

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for your help. I already posted above why i sent it in but I'll say it again it was sent in because the starter part on the motor wouldn't spin the engine over. I had to pay the shipping to them they fixed and it shipped it back under warranty. I got it back yesterday i started it 2 times today and it was running good after adjusting the idle and now it's doing the same thing the starter won't spin the motor i don't know what the deal is but it's pretty frustrating to have the boat 2 days have to return it have it 1 day and start it two times and it's broke again.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast