Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: AQUACRAFT'S NEW MISS VEGAS U-18

For a right now part I agree with above, hit ebay there is a store on there that is selling the bracket alone that I have seen
    ORIGINAL: bmguidry

I Β*Need the whole thing the metal broke where the rudder connects to the bracket that holds it to the boatΒ*
    http://www.youtube.com/user/toyotatruckin
    www.aircapitolhobbies.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thanks for the help I got one on order off ebay

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: bmguidry

I Β*Need the whole thing the metal broke where the rudder connects to the bracket that holds it to the boatΒ*
    So the blade and bracket are both broken?? Or just the bracket??

Sean
    Miss Vegas V2 - .12 outrigger hydro - CMB .45 speedmaster mono - CMB .21 seaducer mono
    IMPBA member

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

just the bracket is broken there isn't any marks on the blade where it struck the object
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Us53173.jpeg 
Views:	9 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	1259034  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

is a good move to replace the lower rudder mounting screw with a brass (or even plastic) screw, will make it "break away", the screw will break vs. the mount

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just a heads up. Was pulling the water cap to check the condition of the button to see if I was getting near the edge of detonation. The cooling cap bolts were loose, not enough to be shook out but enough that it didnt take any effort to remove them.
    Charles Spradley
    When in doubt, GAS IT! This will either fix the problem or end the suspense.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This is to everyone that does not know, ANY new motor you get should be checked out before ran ESPECIALLY RTR engines best thing to do is tear them down clean them up oil and put back together BEFORE you even start pulling the rope I dont know how many times Ive done this and found tiny little pieces from machining or little bits of casting flash in the engine its just good practice
    http://www.youtube.com/user/toyotatruckin
    www.aircapitolhobbies.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thinking of getting a Macs tuned pipe for the Deuce, there are 2 close for the ST .18, one for .10-.15 and one for .19-.35. Which would be better? Running 30% with Octura 535 prop.
    Charles Spradley
    When in doubt, GAS IT! This will either fix the problem or end the suspense.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: toyotatruckin

This is to everyone that does not know, ANY new motor you get should be checked out before ran ESPECIALLY RTR engines best thing to do is tear them down clean them up oil and put back together BEFORE you even start pulling the rope I dont know how many times Ive done this and found tiny little pieces from machining or little bits of casting flash in the engine its just good practice
    That's what I do, cannot be so safe
    first to own the Mini Slash!
    Amsoil Dealer.. 6XL Revo, Baja 5B, Losi8T, PS295, UL-1, AQ MC, OM29, DF33

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: toyotatruckin

Oyyy I don't feel like ripping it apart.
    These things seem like a lot of work.
    HBK2, Tonic-X 3500, Hobbywing 40amp,
    Belt-CP(bare frame)
    Coaxial Douphin(2.4ghz)(Blue)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Lets talk props, trying to find out prop alternatives with the stock pipe. I already know about the Y535 is the same as the stock but brass, I hve tryed several others but the engine will not pull them. My altitude is about 3200

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: coyv10

Lets talk props, trying to find out prop alternatives with the stock pipe. I already know about the Y535 is the same as the stock but brass, I hve tryed several others but the engine will not pull them. My altitude is about 3200

Great question, I would like to know this to..
    first to own the Mini Slash!
    Amsoil Dealer.. 6XL Revo, Baja 5B, Losi8T, PS295, UL-1, AQ MC, OM29, DF33

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm basically at sea level and have not had much success with props bigger than the Y-535. The Grim Racer 36X55 is slightly more prop than the Y-535 and worth trying.

JD

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Jerry have you tried reducing blade diameter, backcutting , or taking out some cup on the larger than 535 props or were you trying basically stock props? I know the prop gurus do these things to make a "too large" prop a better fit for a particular engine/boat. Just wondering....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: TCHedOff

Jerry have you tried reducing blade diameter, backcutting , or taking out some cup on the larger than 535 props or were you trying basically stock props? I know the prop gurus do these things to make a ''too large'' prop a better fit for a particular engine/boat. Just wondering....
    I have not tried modified props on the MVD because I'd rather use a prop that anyone can get and run w/o "blade butchering."

JD

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Jerry Dunlap

ORIGINAL: TCHedOff

Jerry have you tried reducing blade diameter, backcutting , or taking out some cup on the larger than 535 props or were you trying basically stock props? I know the prop gurus do these things to make a ''too large'' prop a better fit for a particular engine/boat. Just wondering....
    I have not tried modified props on the MVD because I'd rather use a prop that anyone can get and run w/o ''blade butchering.''

JD
    Thanks for the reply Jerry & best wishes!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here's my new MVD. Everything is stock except for prop. Its a CMDi balanced/sharpened y535. This is a cool boat. Radio, engine, and pipe are an excellent improvement over the original. Regarding the new sponsons...such a slight change, makes a huge improvement. It's not as significant as the mods listed in the Miss Vegas thread, but simple.

Here's my Video. Special thanks to Tom H. for driving the boat as I caught it on camera and Rick for launching it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

guys, a question from a newbie

when you say u raised the strut and so on, what does that mean??

dave

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

guys, a question from a newbie

when you say u raised the strut and so on, what does that mean??

dave

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Raising the strut or the prop helps loosen the boat and may cause cavitation, so you may have to give the boat a harder push when launching. The results should make it a little faster.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thanks coyv10

dave

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: kilr95ss

Thinking of getting a Macs tuned pipe for the Deuce, there are 2 close for the ST .18, one for .10-.15 and one for .19-.35. Which would be better? Running 30% with Octura 535 prop.
    The MAC 2.5 pipe work well but is noisy. A Rum Racing Products After-Muffler will make it less irritating. Better yet get a Cooper Quiet Pipe...Quiet and maximum power from your Aqua 18.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Guys and Gals,
    I just bought a new Duece and took it to the lake. I am finding that the boat will run fast on the straights the will slow down while I am still on 100% throttle. ? I have almost 3/4 gallon of 30% thru it. The boat is all stock but the grim racer turn fin and grim racer 35mm prop.I have looked over the boat but cannot find any issues. Can anyone help? Thanks Jason

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Jasontc31

Hey Guys and Gals,
    I just bought a new Duece and took it to the lake. I am finding that the boat will run fast on the straights the will slow down while I am still on 100% throttle. ? I have almost 3/4 gallon of 30% thru it. The boat is all stock but the grim racer turn fin and grim racer 35mm prop.I have looked over the boat but cannot find any issues. Can anyone help? Thanks Jason
    Is the boat slowing down while running on the straights or slowing down in turns after running fast on the straights? If it's running fast on the straights and slowing on the straights, you should consider richening the needle.

JD

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This boat is such an improvement over the first boat. So far, the only upgrades I have done are grim turn fin and CMDi balanced and sharpened octura y 535. I gps'd the boat (unfortunately no video) with 60% nitro and it ran 43.5 mph. At that speed, the boat gets a bit flighty and a handfull to pilot. I don't know if I should give the strut a degree or 2 of down angle to lower the nose or lower the strut. The strut is set as high as the stock setting allows and has 0 degree angle.

I can't see how the original miss vegas can compete with this boat stock for stock in an rtr race.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast