Week # 5 - Progress Update.
We'll been waiting for some "spare" cash to buy the engine. But I finally got it today. I went with the O.S. VX-M .46 Hopefully it will be enough to get some speed out of this boat. I couldn't mount the bottom center sheeting until I had a reference on how the engine was going to sit in the boat and get the correct angle for the drive shaft. Also I wanted to mount the drivetrain and radio before I put the final top and bottom sheeting.
I did get the sponson sides and bottoms, non-trip chines glued onto the framework and profiled. I think the shape of the boat is going to be awesome.
For the motor mount, I decided to use a speedmaster aluminum mount, but I won't be able to use the provided ISO mount. ( Because of total width ) Instead I'm going to use a 1/4" piece on neoprene on each side of the cockpit side and a rubber sleeve over the bolt. This won't be as good as the ISO rubber mount but should effectively isolate the engine from the boat and still keep me from having to do alot of metal fabrication.
Something Like This : Red is neopene sheet, Green is cockpit sides, blue is rubber bolt sleeve.
Here's some other pics of the progess so far.
Boat Bottom: Sheet not glued in yet.
O.S. Engine and Speedmaster Mount.
Well next update everything should be mounted in and have the sheeting completed. I'm shooting for Mid-October completion to see how she'll run before it gets too cold here.