Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Blackjack 26SS???

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Blackjack 26SS???

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 08:42 AM
Minkis815

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blackjack 26SS???

I just purchased a blackjack 26SS. i like the boat, but the throttle response is Horible. Why is that? I've ben running nitro cars, trucks, and MT's for about 6 years and am no dummie. but im a lil puzzled. Normaly i would look right at the carb and start tuning but it runs great. just a HUGE delay on the throttle. HELP! Thanks alot.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:06 AM
bigcam406

Default RE: Blackjack 26SS???

i had the same problem when i first ran my fastech nitro.all i did was lean the high speed needle about a half turn.after that,the difference in throttle response was like night and day.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:14 PM
Minkis815

ok. i'll try that. But lean is a sure way to pop the motor quick. but im no dummie when it comes to nitro. Im the nitro tech at Turn 4 hobbies. the boat runs mint you know. and its def not slow.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:10 PM
bigcam406

im just speaking from experience with my boat.i was experiencing the same thing,and my lhs was the one who recommended to lean it out a tad.i didnt lean it out enough to cause any damage,nor have i run it at full throttle for long periods during break in.i was wondering how you like proboat's .18.i was thinking of getting one for mine when my .15 craps out.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:56 PM
Chriscraft

Hi minkis815,
ok, I am no pro at this and I have vehicles as well as boats.
Try using a hot plug, like an O.S. 8 or a McCoy 8. The head is being cooled by water flowing over the head. This is taking away the heat, so you need to compensate for this. Try that and tweak your low end just a bit, You know which way for lean. And like a buggy, watch the pipe so you see a bluish haze behind the boat.[8D]
Old 08-19-2009, 09:50 PM
Minkis815

ok. just so you know. I've ben racing Nitro Stadium Trucks/ Nitro MT's / 1/8th scale nitro buggies for years. so im no dummie when it come to nitro. I'm Also the Nitro tech for my local hobbie shop. its not the glow plug. trust me. and your water theory is obviouse. And the smoke out the back.... dude C'mon. im no retard. And dude it has no throttle response. its not gonna be the low speed screw. it was my High speed screw. it was about 1 1/4 too rich. i cant believe it ran.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:55 PM
Minkis815

Oh and my .18 is pretty good. i can't complain. Dynomite puts out great motors. my stadium truch has the Mach .15. my MT has the MACH 427 as well as my two buggies. and now my boat has a dynomite. i love dynomite. all there stuff is greaat. it may not be the fastest or most powerful. but power doesnt always win races. i'd much rather have a consistant car than a really fast one. consistant wins races. power tends to break stuff.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:20 PM
f16man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I guess nova rossi is junk eh nitro expert ????
Old 08-20-2009, 01:00 PM
rcguy1411

hmmm nitro expert asking how to tune an engine ??????
Old 08-20-2009, 01:28 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I ran nitro trucks for a while before coming over to boats. It's a new ball game even if you think that you know nitro. The prop places a load on the engine so you have to tune the engine richer than you would with a 4-wheeler. Lousy throttle response is from running too rich.
You're going to learn a lot more about nitro boats the more you get into them. You might also learn a thing or two about how tuned pipes work. Too many car and truck guys just slap on whatever's the hot setup that day and don't know squat about hearing one actually get on the pipe or how to adjust one. No, I'm not saying that you're a dummy but we've seen a lot of plane, heli and car guys trying boats and are lost. Hey, I was there myself.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:14 PM
Chriscraft

Hey Ron,
I have vehicles and boats and airplanes. I agree on the piont of each boat,airplane, and vehicle has a set of circumstances that have to be tuned for. For example, from my experience, a boat does not have the same tune as a buggy or monster truck.