Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Porting Pics Please

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Porting Pics Please

Old 12-15-2009, 09:32 PM
ka350kaptain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porting Pics Please

Just curious if I could get some pics of the porting jobs you guys have done on your sleeves. Any motors - just curious - thinking about trying this technique. I have some old piston sleeves from AQU .18 motors to practice on. Any tips, advice, favorite dremel bits, etc would be great!

Thanks in advance
Old 12-16-2009, 09:27 AM
advanced builder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Porting Pics Please

I like to run my engine before I do any modifications . You can see a dark out line on the sleeve, of the port. As for any tools I like to use fine stone in my dremel.Go easy or you have a oblong sleeve. learned that the hard way. Ck my old feed "what's that old b doing now " I also use wire brush from my gun cleaning for exhaust. Most keep the engine mod's secret,WHY I want to go faster than you.
PS The book R/C BOAT MODELING ADVANCED by John Finch all old school teck tips +new school
Old 12-16-2009, 05:14 PM
f16man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Porting Pics Please

Take a look at voo doo mods in the buy and sell, looks like he knows what he's doing with the sleeves and cranks , you can get an idea by the pics at what you can do....