Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

.21 in T-Hull proboat LLumar

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

.21 in T-Hull proboat LLumar

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 02:44 AM
borristhboxer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: .21 in T-Hull proboat LLumar

I'm thinking of moving both forward a little.
The prop is in total 3 inch's from the back of the hull to the nut on the shalf. It could move about an inch forward, The rudder is about 60mm in totalbehind the hull. It could also move forward but how much? I dont know, I was thinking if the prop comes forward it might help the boat make a tighter corner rather than what it's doing at the moment. I was thinking that if the rudder is in front of the prop like it is, it wouldnt be working as well as it could be, but if the rudder was behind the prop it would corner better.
Today at work I made up an new servo mount so that part is fixed, just need to be glued into the hull
I've included a few pictures of the back of the hull & also the stuffed rudder for a laugh
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50162.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	1651878   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96152.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	1651879   Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32162.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	1651880  
Old 08-22-2011, 03:14 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Truth be told, your boat would be illegal for some races here in the US. You would be legal to race at any IMPBA event as the rule is drive dog and prop can be up to 3" behind the transom HOWEVER, at any NAMBA event, you wouldn't be allowed to run as the rule is one drive dog length from transom to drive dog. Since I don't know what the rules are down under, can't talk to that one. With my remanufactured Dumas Pay'N Pak, I have the strut going through the bottom so that restriction is a mute point

Name:	Hf97567.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	1651890  
Old 08-27-2011, 07:13 PM
borristhboxer

Just come back after being at the Rc boats with mine. I have shown the guys that race & they have said I could run the setup I have or get the proboat strut from a 1/8 setup machined to suit my boat. It can run in 2 - 3 types of race class's since mine would be the only boat in the club being a sport 21so it would run against 21 mono, 21 outboard and also 21 rigger in 2 types of race's.
The guys where pretty nice and wanted to put it on the water after I join up and become a member. Just need to replace the remote control thatI use with a new digital unit get that new rudder system working. The course setup is great with wide turns so I think the setup I'm running at the moment shall remain in place, a few things to look into would be the amount of fuel that is carried on the boat and setting it up for rougher water.
All good so far, now it's time to start the fix-up's and get it on the water again
Old 12-22-2011, 02:25 PM
borristhboxer

Hey everyone, I have the boat back on the water after being fixed and it runs great
I took it up to a local lake and run it a few times on 20%, then dropped in a jetski to follow it to get a closer look at it while it was running, not to bad.
It was running at 3/4 throttle over a few bigger waves for the boat so i couldn't push it but it was sitting well at 45mph
. It was a little hard to judge the speed we where going at, until it was on a little smoother water but i was happy with it.
Was thinking about the engine, its an o.s max with 1.7hp, wondering about changing it to a go .21 with 2.6 hp orthe newer o.s .21xz-m version of what i have...
I'm thinking the extra h.p would be a good thing for speed because now im also thinking about building another.21 hydroup like another boat that race's in Australia but would like tohave both boats with the same engines if you know what i mean?
this was the go engine
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GO-21R-7P...item2a16b77d5d
the newer os engine
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-O-S-2...item43a75c58eb
also found this cheapy
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/STS-2109-...item2eb5c4adce
If im building another hydro gits going to look like this

Name:	Nk27788.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	1703717  
Old 08-05-2015, 12:41 AM
borristhboxer

Well it's been ages since I have been looking at this
Here is a little update on the boat

http://youtu.be/_nVIspYECIk
Running 30% nitro

http://youtu.be/m6nUYBToIYY
Running 65% nitro

http://youtu.be/jFZPAd5-wkQ
2nd run on 65%

The boat is basically dialled in & ready to go, just a small tweek & it's race time.
It's constantly improving & starting to fly like a real hydro, I need to change the battery pack & get a new remote control but very happy with the way the boats going.
Maybe time to play with props
Old 08-06-2015, 06:22 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

One thing I see is that it's dragging the shoes. That says a lifting prop may be in order if you're still running a stock one or just a bit of down thrust. Once you get the rear out of the water, you will probably see a bit more speed