Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Going to RCX, Need a list of parts for my BlackJack 26

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Going to RCX, Need a list of parts for my BlackJack 26

Old 03-18-2010, 02:37 PM
evlwevl
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going to RCX, Need a list of parts for my BlackJack 26

I'd like to ask someone who has already done this mod for some help since boat parts are scarce where I live and I like to buy parts at a counter whenever possible as opposed to buying them online.. After asking questions and doing some research, Ive come up with a general idea of what I want. I happen to be headed down to RCX this weekend and would like to make the most of the trip being that there are many hobby shops down in LA area as well.

I'm looking at either the Auquacraft .18 or the Dynamite .18 depending on what I can find and I want to be able to fit it under the cowl without cutting into it.
I know I will need a side exhaust version of what ever engine I choose.

Will my stock .15 header still work or do I need to upgrade that as well? howabout the exhaust pipe?
Im running a .150 flex cable right now and would like to get a 2 blade prop, possibly the X637
What will I need to get to make that fit my current prop shaft?
will the stock collet still work on the .18

Without my original manuals, the specs are hard to locate since Proboat discontinued the original BJ26 and the company that supplied the aftermarket drive system also went bellyup.
Thanks for any help anyone can offer
Old 03-19-2010, 10:51 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Going to RCX, Need a list of parts for my BlackJack 26

It should be a bolt-in and the X-637 would be a good prop choice.
I don't know what RCX offers in the way of any parts but a little hint, go to either the Aquacraft or Horizon Hobby sites and see what hobby shops are near RCX. From what I've seen the past few years it's mostly if not all show and no sales or swap meet stuff. I could be wrong but I've only seen coverage of the main show floor.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:33 PM
toyotatruckin

I have access to the blueprints and jigs for that skater system and a newer system that was in the works. If there are enough people interested I can look into it further and possibly start making them..Anyway just tossing that out there
Old 04-22-2010, 03:34 AM
infiniti03

Did you ever complete this project evl? If so can we get some pics?