Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Improving coolant system

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Improving coolant system

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 06:32 PM
Pampero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Improving coolant system

Hello.
My name is Antonio I'm from Spain, great forum I hope to have good times reading you.
I'm the owner of a mid 90's Traxxas Nitro Vee with TRX.12 engine that is turning into life after years of inactivity. Im making from start the coolant lines so here is my question: May I put the water exit directly to the exhaust to improve the flow?, In affirmative case, in which part of the exhaust should I put the line?
Thanks in advance.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:44 PM
wave waker

Default RE: Improving coolant system

ORIGINAL: Pampero

Hello.
My name is Antonio I'm from Spain, great forum I hope to have good times reading you.
I'm the owner of a mid 90's Traxxas Nitro Vee with TRX.12 engine that is turning into life after years of inactivity. Im making from start the coolant lines so here is my question: May I put the water exit directly to the exhaust to improve the flow?, In affirmative case, in which part of the exhaust should I put the line?
Thanks in advance.

hey Antonio do u have any picture bout this?just to make sure of what u mean..
Old 06-04-2010, 07:56 PM
amax

No you Do Not want the water exiting into the Exhaust, the water can run back into the engine and cause Big Problems. The Water pick up system works very well and supplies more than enough water to do the job. Your engine should run around 180*F at the Glow Plug, if it is getting hotter than that then the High Speed Needle(HSN) is set To Lean and you need to turn it Counter Clockwise 1\8 turn at a time And Test, Test, Test.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:41 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

What he saide^^^^^^^^^^
Now to take it one step further, by running the water into the exhaust, you have no way to know if the cooling system is actually working. You need to have the water dump someplace you can see it so that you can actually see if it's working. If you can't see water coming out of the boat, the cooling system may be plugged or a cooling line has come loose and you are now filling your boat with water, either one being bad news[X(]
Old 06-05-2010, 10:00 PM
danielplace

Not only that but what about the exhaust pressure it would put the water straight into the fuel tank. It is very easy to see water coming out a water injected exhaust system. WHH hobbies sells wet systems for gas engines and if you have a leaking oring with only slight amount of water in the exhaust you can see it easily. The water makes a pipe act as though it is longer than it actually is. Just not for nitro boats unless it was injected at the very end of the stinger it might work. That is another trick gas pipes have been known to use to make the pipe even quieter.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:19 AM
Pampero

Thanks for your responses, I'll let the water line exit out of the boat then, I was just asking because it wasn't working very well.
At the moment I don't have any pics, the hull is being painted so the interior is disassembled.