Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Central NEW YORK boaters

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Central NEW YORK boaters

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 04:21 PM
Slideblues

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

Autocross? Wait a minute I just had a lite go on......
Craig is this you?
Holy smoke man I had no idea, Duh!
Way cool Dude!
Gene
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94541.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	1799997  
Old 09-10-2012, 04:40 PM
advanced builder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joe's billet I ran once mostly a stall. Some minor cutting may help, they don't do anything setting in the box. I really like the billet speed wise. A big prop to turn. Most of the guys I ran with in London had a small prop 220 looked like. A Shuland prop is pricey but they do turn some great speeds. I got a H7 getting done by Brian over at Rocket City Racing. He does good work,too.
Every time I try to mod a prop It's junk after I'm done. I haven't mod-ed a prop lately.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:14 PM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: Slideblues

Craig is this you?
Way cool Dude!
Gene
Yes, that is me in my Factory Five Cobra. My brother and I built our own cobra frame and we autocrossed that too. I still have the cobra and plan to put it on the street in a couple years when I get the time...

Old 09-10-2012, 05:49 PM
Slideblues

Excellent! A friend built up a kit with a 427 side oiler, I drove it and smiled for DAYS!
For sure a finesse car......
Well done Buddy!
Gene
Old 09-10-2012, 05:55 PM
parshallboatworks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi guys sounds like despite rain you had fun this weekend!!!! I had a chance to run on sunday, got the .21 rigger going pretty good, in fact craig, you better take a look at the bouy on north end,closest to the deck.... Oops,i hit it so hard that the sponson stuck in iy up to the tube and spun the rigger and pullef bouy lose from the rope... Sorry... Had fun tho, i changed to two 4oz tanks, changed the angle of turn fin(thanks roger)and moved battery forward, but it ran better after i hit bouy and the battery flew to rear of radio box!!! I have first coat of mas on jae and looking like she will be in water soon!!!! By the way, i am taking alot of flack from the "airplane guys" about being at pond running boats so much!!??!!.... Lol gotta love it! The twin tank seems to quit when the first is empty... Do both tanks need tap pressure???? Thanks and cpngrats!!! RICK P.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:12 PM
engineman351

Rick, The two tanks should be set up with pick up tubes to the left rear corners, as close to the bottom as possible. (I normally use just plain 1/8th brass tubes instead of a 'clunk'. If I do use a 'clunk' I grind a flat on the end so it lays closer to the bottom.) The vent tubes should be as high in the tanks as possible. Put them side by side. Looking from the rear of the boat, hook the carb line to the pickup tube on the right tank. Run a line from the vent of the right tank to the pick up tube on the left tank. Last, run a line from the left tank vent tube to the exhaust pipe pressure tap. The left tank should empty first. As with any nitro tank setup the stoppers and lines need to be in good shape. If you need to see a twin tank setup...let me know and I will throw a rigger in the truck for Thursday night. Roger
Old 09-11-2012, 05:37 AM
parshallboatworks

[quote]ORIGINAL: engineman351

Rick, The two tanks should be set up with pick up tubes to the left rear corners, as close to the bottom as possible. (I normally use just plain 1/8th brass tubes instead of a 'clunk'. If I do use a 'clunk' I grind a flat on the end so it lays closer to the bottom.) The vent tubes should be as high in the tanks as possible. Put them side by side. Looking from the rear of the boat, hook the carb line to the pickup tube on the right tank. Run a line from the vent of the right tank to the pick up tube on the left tank. Last, run a line from the left tank vent tube to the exhaust pipe pressure tap. The left tank should empty first. As with any nitro tank setup the stoppers and lines need to be in good shape. If you need to see a twin tank setup...let me know and I will throw a rigger in the truck for Thursday night. Roger
[/quote
Thanks roger, i had it almost right, but the left tank emptys last... I will switch the lines and should be good.. I didnt use a clunk or fuel line as boats dont run upside down like airplanes... Lol.. I didnt say mine dont end up upside down setimes... Lol. By thurs. nite i hope to have new JAE.21 in water!!!! I might see you at dams tonight if you are working, i need a remote needle valve, and have a b-day gift card to use... Thanks again, Rick

Old 09-11-2012, 06:12 AM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: Blackout

Craig is this you?
Way cool Dude!
Gene
Yes, that is me in my Factory Five Cobra. My brother and I built our own cobra frame and we autocrossed that too. I still have the cobra and plan to put it on the street in a couple years when I get the time...

Gene, Here is the car my brother and I designed and built. It uses the Factory Five body, but the frame and suspension are all custom.

Old 09-11-2012, 06:24 AM
engineman351

Rick, At Dan's I think the only remote needles we stock are for OS engine replacements. They are good needles. You might want to give Curt a call at the Hobby Counter (585-482-7850...then #4 and ask for Curt) to see exactly what we have in stock. I don't know exactly what you are looking for (plane or boat), but I use the OS .40 remote needles on a lot of my nitro boats with good success. Roger
Old 09-11-2012, 01:04 PM
Slideblues

Hey Craig,
I Like it! Man the stance is perfect......
Saw the space frame and suspension pieces at your site.
All top shelf serious comp quality.
You guys do nice work,
Gene
Old 09-11-2012, 02:23 PM
Blackout

Hey Craig,
I Like it! Man the stance is perfect......
Saw the space frame and suspension pieces at your site.
All top shelf serious comp quality.
You guys do nice work,
Gene
Thanks!

My brother did the welding and all the welds are holding up! I did most of the designing.

Autocrossing was fun, but I find RC boat racing more fun. It's a more relaxed atmosphere and you get more wheel time.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:56 PM
parshallboatworks

ORIGINAL: engineman351

Rick, At Dan's I think the only remote needles we stock are for OS engine replacements. They are good needles. You might want to give Curt a call at the Hobby Counter (585-482-7850...then #4 and ask for Curt) to see exactly what we have in stock. I don't know exactly what you are looking for (plane or boat), but I use the OS .40 remote needles on a lot of my nitro boats with good success. Roger
Roger, the needle assy is for my nova-rossi .21 thats going into my JAE rigger. Curt said there is no remote needle assys in stock...
Old 09-11-2012, 04:17 PM
advanced builder

Rick I have several remote needle assemblies. And base. You going with a 3rd channel remote needle. The only proportional radio system I found was the Spectrum-In my price range. . Craig and Roger have Futaba upper end transmitters. They must have it in their system. Now that I think about it your not a pistol guy anyway. I have the setup in my .45 JAE. the last time I was playing with it I crashed. It's setup on the 3rd switch on wheel base, not in the grip. I didn't have that option on the system. Rigger fever AY . I am fixing the rear 45 tub the damage to the rear transom was more than I noticed at first glance. I wonder if adding a side tab would be better. ,I talking placing the rudder to the side panel. You can't reinforce the transom from the inside -no room. bolts are too close to the side.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:20 PM
parshallboatworks

ORIGINAL: advanced builder

Rick I have several remote needle assemblies. And base. You going with a 3rd channel remote needle. The only proportional radio system I found was the Spectrum-In my price range. . Craig and Roger have Futaba upper end transmitters. They must have it in their system. Now that I think about it your not a pistol guy anyway. I have the setup in my .45 JAE. the last time I was playing with it I crashed. It's setup on the 3rd switch on wheel base, not in the grip. I didn't have that option on the system. Rigger fever AY . I am fixing the rear 45 tub the damage to the rear transom was more than I noticed at first glance. I wonder if adding a side tab would be better. ,I talking placing the rudder to the side panel. You can't reinforce the transom from the inside -no room. bolts are too close to the side.
Hi neil... I bought a futaba pistol grip setup w/3rd channel... So that is a possibility now.. Havent seen you in a while!!! I have JAE.21 in final coat of finish resin now and will have it painted and come hell or high waters i will be maidening it on thursday nite...will you be there? If not iay need to drive to your place to buy a remote needle from you... Cant find one locally... Dont have time to wait for tower h to send one.. i goy my old rigger to run pretty good with K&B.21 in it ...fun now i cant wait to get jae in water!!!! Let me know if you will be out this way thursday nite...
Thanks, Rick

Old 09-12-2012, 05:22 AM
engineman351

Rick, Here are some simple remote needles (no 3rd channel adj) from OS avail from Tower Hobbies: OS #24681900, Tower #LXGCV3 ($21-22) ;OS#26582900, Tower #
LXMW56 ($18-19). You could also have Dan's order them for you. If you really want a 3rd channel adjustable remote needle I think you have to look at Aeromarine...or Bob Violett. If you need a remote needle to just use for a while, let me know...I have a couple laying around. Roger
Old 09-12-2012, 06:14 AM
advanced builder

Can anyone come early Thursday ? As the sun is going down early -earlier
3-4ish or earlier the Boca Bearing should be here Thursday ,the .67 will have to wait. I don't want to rush. the 45 rigger is done and the .21 is ready with 3 pipe combo to test. I have 4-5 CMB needles. just setting. they are tight.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:12 AM
parshallboatworks

3-4ish or earlier the Boca Bearing should be here Thursday ,the .67 will have to wait. I don't want to rush. the 45 rigger is done and the .21 is ready with 3 pipe combo to test. I have 4-5 CMB needles. just setting. they are tight.
I'll come early neil.... Roger, i will order a needle from tower if you or someone will let me use one for a short while untill it comes in mail that would be great... You guys going to be out thurs. nite?? Thanks,Rick
Old 09-12-2012, 09:17 AM
engineman351

I am planning on coming out Thursday nite...but not until 5:30-6PM. I'll have a needle with me. I think Neil is bring some too. Roger
Old 09-12-2012, 10:13 AM
advanced builder

What time Rick ? Is 2:30-3 OK
Old 09-12-2012, 12:25 PM
parshallboatworks

Old 09-12-2012, 12:32 PM
parshallboatworks

What time Rick ? Is 2:30-3 OK
I will be there before 3....
Old 09-12-2012, 12:35 PM
parshallboatworks

ORIGINAL: engineman351

I am planning on coming out Thursday nite...but not until 5:30-6PM. I'll have a needle with me. I think Neil is bring some too. Roger
Ok thanks a bunch roger, will see you when you get there.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:44 AM
engineman351

Another good night at Stony Pond Thursday night!! T-Boat and Gas Hydro's were running awesome. I ended my strike on 'Nitro' and brought out the vintage .67 OPS powered Andy Brown Mongoose rigger. It ran great, albiet not too fast, but I burned thru 24-32 oz of 50% without it stalling. We need to continue leaning it out and try a couple of different props to free it up. It was like driving a sportscar around the buoys. Speaking of buoys...my son and I managed to miss'em all last night!! Not so much for Rick as he whacked #1 with his new JAE .21 rigger and sheared the boom tubes on one sponson. His rigger was looking pretty good with that new NR in it!! There's a bunch of these at Stony Pond. We should try having a .21 Rigger night before the snow flies (or the water gets too low!!)

Does anyone know Charlie's e-mail address?? He took some great pic's last night and I would like to get to see them. Also there were some video cams going (Rick??)...are any of those posted somewhere yet?? Roger C.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:22 PM
parshallboatworks

I have a bunch of video feed, just am having a hard time getting it to load anyplace... Working on it...
Old 09-14-2012, 08:44 PM
parshallboatworks

http://youtu.be/oI2F5-B1uh0
Hey guys.. after ripping out avg anti virus crap, and norton crap.... and installing avast and some spyware,(thanks Sarah!!) I have managed to get some vids on here.... now i need to figure out how to do more than a minute long video... there is a few on youtube might to be easier to see them there till i figure this stuff out... had a great time thursday... thank all of you for all the help,you all helped a great deal and i appreciate it!! I will have to supply the burgers for lunch!!! have the tubes changed on the JAE, now i need to secure those darn bouys so they dont jump in front of me...lol..[:@]riggor has set in now fer sure!! see ya at the pond!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.