Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Central NEW YORK boaters

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Central NEW YORK boaters

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 03:08 AM
Blackout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

Sunday looks to be the best day this weekend. So Sunday it is.

It's going to be warm enough and dry enough to seal the driver's stand, so we can do that too if we have enough time and people.

Let me know who is coming so I can buy enough sealer.

Bring a wide paint brush and shovel if you have one.

Thanks!
Old 10-17-2012, 06:40 AM
advanced builder

I was bring a extra shovel,HJ one for you. Or a pic for the tree roots
Old 10-17-2012, 12:47 PM
Blackout

Our club is growing, we have two new members from Rick's flying club! And better yet, they are gonna build JAE 45's and 12's this winter.

Joe, I'll e-mail you the order tonight, but so far it looks like they want...

(2) JAE 45 Short Kits
(2) JAE 45 Boom Tube Sets (If you sell them.)
(1) JAE 12 Kit

Might have a 45 Hydro class next year!
Old 10-17-2012, 02:28 PM
gassertom

Count us in for Sunday for staining the driver's stand.  Will bring brushes.
Cindy will be bringing a pot of homemade chili and jalapeno cheese bread.  Let us know how many are planning on being there Sunday to make sure we have enough for all.
T&C
Old 10-17-2012, 02:57 PM
advanced builder

I will bring water/soda and some plates silverware napkin. T&C I will bring paper bowls for the chile. A 45 rigger class WoW .
Old 10-17-2012, 03:11 PM
gassertom

Thanks Neal for the extras.

45 class.. something to think about.

T&C
Old 10-17-2012, 06:06 PM
advanced builder

Joe you better bring a few extra Boom tubes for the .45 short kit. We will need -em ,Not for me of-course. Rick may need to help some of the guys .45 short kit BUILD as we have NO instructions.
I got a ham to cook for Sunday. The .12 riggers class may come back yet. That darn wind may hamper the .12 I got one for sale, as mine sits , may build a few for the club over the winter. I got bigger riggers NOW. Gas sport hydro is my new fling. FOR NEXT SEASON.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:27 PM
parshallboatworks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi all, I dug out the spindles, i have 11. They are 8'long and cut into 3 each we can get 33... We will see how far they go and i can probably make the rest to match... I also have several 16' 5/4deckboards and several others from 8-12' long... Pretty sure i can make a pretty nice hand rail up the stairs... Craig, i think lynn and i will be there saturday to do railing etc. so they can get stained too. They are good and dry so should be ok to stain. Dont know if you sent joe a order yet but tom and i want 2 gas hydros... Let me know so i can email joe if i missed your order... I have 1 spare set of boom tubes but one day out and that could change...might get a couple extra not sure how funds are... See you all on the weekend, i will probably be there both days!!!
Rick Parshall
Old 10-18-2012, 03:02 AM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: rickyak55

Hi all, I dug out the spindles, i have 11. They are 8'long and cut into 3 each we can get 33... We will see how far they go and i can probably make the rest to match... I also have several 16' 5/4deckboards and several others from 8-12' long... Pretty sure i can make a pretty nice hand rail up the stairs... Craig, i think lynn and i will be there saturday to do railing etc. so they can get stained too. They are good and dry so should be ok to stain. Dont know if you sent joe a order yet but tom and i want 2 gas hydros... Let me know so i can email joe if i missed your order... I have 1 spare set of boom tubes but one day out and that could change...might get a couple extra not sure how funds are... See you all on the weekend, i will probably be there both days!!!
Rick Parshall
I have not e-mailed Joe the complete list, so I can add them.

Do you want two gas JAE riggers or two gas Thunderboats??

EDIT: Rick, if you need any extra lumber to finish off the job just buy it from Lowes and I will pay you back. I have some 4x4 that you may need at the very bottom of the stairs for the railing support. I also have some other scrap. Do you need the generator?

Old 10-18-2012, 06:55 AM
parshallboatworks

Craig,
yup thats 2 gas thunderboats...... Still like the hydros!!! We will need the generator on sat. Dont know what you have planned on saturday maby you can leave it out in am if you wont be around... Just throw a tarp over it. Lynn and i should be there early- mid morning. If you have a 4x4 for bottom post i would use that as long as its long enough to bury at least a couple feet so its solid. I have extra carriage bolts etc. and if you have 2x4 pressure treated pieces i can rip and plane them down for spindles if needed i have some lying around that i can toss in van also!!!
Old 10-18-2012, 07:17 AM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: rickyak55

Craig,
yup thats 2 gas thunderboats...... Still like the hydros!!! We will need the generator on sat. Dont know what you have planned on saturday maby you can leave it out in am if you wont be around... Just throw a tarp over it. Lynn and i should be there early- mid morning. If you have a 4x4 for bottom post i would use that as long as its long enough to bury at least a couple feet so its solid. I have extra carriage bolts etc. and if you have 2x4 pressure treated pieces i can rip and plane them down for spindles if needed i have some lying around that i can toss in van also!!!
O.K., sounds good.

I will send Joe an e-mail with your order.

I will be around Saturday on and off. I'll bring the generator and scrap lumber to the pond in the morning.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:29 AM
klinker19

Craig,

I will stop by Sunday to help out, put me and Rick down for two Bullit T-Boats from Joe.

Thanks!

Tom
Old 10-18-2012, 07:59 AM
Canadian LoCo

Wow guys I would like to say Kudos to all of you that are taking part
in all the hard work to get Stony Pond on the up and up WTG.
now that's what I call a Club when all the members get out and help make there club a great success,
since this is a new club with IMPBA I see a great season comming up for you guys and girls
keep up the good work as they say if you build it they will come.

P.S take pic's of the work in progress get some advertising of your new site out.
promotion is key to get your club out there.

Regards
Luc W.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:11 AM
Canadian LoCo

Just in from IMPBA all of the 2013 APPLICATION are online here
http://www.impba.net/index.php?optio...d=85&Itemid=66

Regards
Luc
Old 10-18-2012, 09:38 AM
Blackout

Another project that can be worked on is the fire pit/patio at the swimming deck. While this is my wife's project, we can use it for camp fires and grilling burgers. Perfect place for hanging out after the racing is done. There are a bunch of pavers that need to be placed.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:18 PM
advanced builder

CK out Gary{old guy with the carnard in Ottawa} new build the fat boy http://www.jrcbd.com/showthread.php?t=66692
Old 10-19-2012, 07:33 PM
engineman351

Neil...good looking rigger!! Twist his arm so he builds 'em!! RC
Old 10-20-2012, 04:44 AM
Billk44

Nice looking rigger. Gary is a sharp guy and builds nice boats. Like the gel coat as no need to paint.

Do we know of anyone who is painting boats in the area? May be looking to get some tangerine candy apple shot over the winter.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:45 AM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: Billk44

Nice looking rigger. Gary is a sharp guy and builds nice boats. Like the gel coat as no need to paint.

Do we know of anyone who is painting boats in the area? May be looking to get some tangerine candy apple shot over the winter.
I think Rick Parshall mentioned he used to paint cars for a living. You could PM him and ask. I think Tom Driver did as well.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:59 AM
advanced builder

That is one nice rigger ,Gary makes. As for making more hulls ,I don't think so,Roger I see guys trying to get-em made on Jim's forum. His carnard was a really nice hull,but didn't run good. He came off of turn 6 and landed 40' into the pit area.Over the safety fence. He did have his tape measure and was going over Bob and my JAE gas rigger hulls. I told him I had gen 1 and Bob had gen 2 of the JAE gas riggers They are different.
Bill we do have a good builder and painter in Rick. His work is very good, He's a carpenter/ painter by trade. I personally hate to paint. I can see Rick & Lin becoming Key members to the club. That both live close by. Lin said he could hear us running from his house. They also have a dirt race track close by as we have heard them running. The village is 8-10 min away but down in the valley The pier on the lake is were all the action is . http://www.sonnenberg.org/
Old 10-20-2012, 11:10 AM
Billk44

Just trying to avoid painting or shipping to someone. A 4 hour drive is better than shipping. Always worry about getting it damaged in transit. It is not here yet but just doing some planning.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:59 PM
parshallboatworks

ORIGINAL: Billk44

Just trying to avoid painting or shipping to someone. A 4 hour drive is better than shipping. Always worry about getting it damaged in transit. It is not here yet but just doing some planning.
I would be happy to do some paint work.. Went to boces in flint for auto body repair then worked at several local body shops. Used to do paint jobs (overals on cars) in parents garage till a big yellow Cadillac turned floor in kitchen and side of house yellow... I heard about that for years... Lol... All the way till they passed away... Got burned out and tired of hacking cars cause the boss didnt want to go the extra mile to do it right... I am too picky, but my attention to details speaks for its self!!! Pm or e-mail me if interested... Lynn and i (and gregg stoped in ) finished the railing around driver stand today, and put up a railing on stairs tore down old one and replaced it to match, so driver stand is in good order for some racing!!! Can be stained now. Looking forward to some chilli on sunday hope everyone can show up and have a productive day!!!
Rick P.

Old 10-20-2012, 03:13 PM
parshallboatworks

I can bring some brushes tomorrow and my broadhead pick axe... Maby a loaf of pumpkin bread my wife made this week.. Mmmmm... I broke my shovel using it to pry deck posts over on last job, and i have a real heavy duty one at another jobsite, maby i can grab that one on way out tomorrow.i will throw the yellow boots in van too. Stoney Pond is gettin it together!!!! Cant wait to see the action next season!!! This is a great club with awesome members, I am glad i stumbled upon this thread this summer.... GO TEAM STONEY!!!
Old 10-20-2012, 03:39 PM
Blackout

Rick, Lynn, and Gregg did a fantastic job finishing up the driver stand!! It's all to code and the stairs are very sturdy now. Thanks guys!!

Mike Daly and Lynn Bowerman are our two latest paid Stony Pond members! Thanks for joining guys! Mike has a lot of experience racing boats from years ago.

Neil, Lynn has a 45 rigger now and is building a JAE 45 too. Mike might have one as well and also is building a JAE 45. 45 hydro is coming back! Mine will be done for next season.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:47 PM
Blackout

Remember, bring a shovel and paint brushes if you have them. Thanks.

That island is going down tomorrow!! Gone for good!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.