Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Central NEW YORK boaters

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Central NEW YORK boaters

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 12:02 PM
bdog1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

Roger :Yes I do have a old well worn 1/8 scale Miller American that I would love to bring out ,just need to clean up the radio box and install some modern servos!

Craig :My friend at work said the best bet would be to stop over on tuesday night when they meet and do a face to face with the chief.
I am trying to get the chiefs name for you
If they do agree I will donate a couple of packages of hot dogs to cook on the grill for them for their efforts.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:14 PM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: bdog1

Roger :Yes I do have a old well worn 1/8 scale Miller American that I would love to bring out ,just need to clean up the radio box and install some modern servos!

Craig :My friend at work said the best bet would be to stop over on tuesday night when they meet and do a face to face with the chief.
I am trying to get the chiefs name for you
If they do agree I will donate a couple of packages of hot dogs to cook on the grill for them for their efforts.
O.K., I just wasn't sure about showing up to a meeting uninvited. I take it the meetings are a relaxed format then. Any idea the time frame for the meeting? Otherwise, I guess I'll stop by at 8:00.

Thanks Mike.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:29 PM
Blackout

Anyone wanting to CD next year, take your test.

http://www.impba.net/images/stories/...test021109.pdf

For the answers, the rule book is here.

http://www.impba.net/index.php?optio...=132&Itemid=61
Old 10-22-2012, 01:49 PM
bdog1

Hey Craig -Sorry I left work early to get some yard work done,I will try to find out a name and a time for you tomorrow,He did say that you would see cars in the parking lot indicating activity
Old 10-22-2012, 02:03 PM
parshallboatworks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Craig : I am looking forward to next year,it has been a long time off from the boats.
You have a great site and your drivers stand is better then I ever saw in my day .

Have watched a bunch of the video's from your pond,you guy's have some very impressive boats !

I am planning on dusting off some of my old motors so I am sure I will be way down on power compared to the current models but hopefull I can be around at the start to keep you guys {and girls} honest

Craig from your experience this year what nitro classes do you expect to run next year ?
Mike
hey mike!!! Good to see you on here instead of hearing you are stalking us by lynn!! Lol... Welcome to the club!!!!
Old 10-22-2012, 02:08 PM
bdog1

Hey Rick : based on the video I have seen of your jae21 I think you will be the one doing the stalking
Do you have one of those Bullit Thunder boats done yet ?
Old 10-22-2012, 02:25 PM
parshallboatworks

ORIGINAL: Canadian LoCo

Holy to funny thanks for sharing Rick.
cant wait to meet all of you new guys Man I hate winter[&:]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUP4FyDykAs&feature=plcp[/youtube]
i am not too thrilled about winter either... I do however work at the local skii area to fill in slow work load during winter... Most of my self employment is out side work.. But i do love to build... Have 2 bullitt gas hydros sitting on bench just begging to be started....plus we fly indoors every chance we get!!! Unfortinately no indoor ponds.. Lol
Old 10-22-2012, 02:29 PM
parshallboatworks

ORIGINAL: rickyak55

i am not too thrilled about winter either... I do however work at the local skii area to fill in slow work load during winter... Most of my self employment is out side work.. But i do love to build... Have 2 bullitt gas hydros sitting on bench just begging to be started....plus we fly indoors every chance we get!!! Unfortinately no indoor ponds.. Lol
check out this video!!! You would think a couple of hydro racers might know the pointed end goes in the front!!??!! Maby it was the full Molson canadian beer!!! Lol... Hi Craig...
Old 10-22-2012, 02:39 PM
parshallboatworks

Hey Rick : based on the video I have seen of your jae21 I think you will be the one doing the stalking
Do you have one of those Bullit Thunder boats done yet ?
Hey mike, did you see the video craig posted of my JAE with one sponson??? They are so awesome they run with one sponson missing!!!Kudos to Joe Zipp.... As for the bullitt kits, i'm waiting for engine -hardware kit to get started... One is rogers son tom's boat, i am building it for him.... He probably has the stuff so i can start sooner!!! Hint, hint,tom!!! Lol... Look me up on you tube, rickparshall i have a bunch of stuff there!!! I post too often to be busy stalking!!!
Old 10-22-2012, 03:18 PM
Blackout

check out this video!!! You would think a couple of hydro racers might know the pointed end goes in the front!!??!! Maby it was the full Molson canadian beer!!! Lol... Hi Craig...
LOL!!!

Next spring is going to be CRAZY!!!
Old 10-22-2012, 05:42 PM
Blackout

From the rule book. I did not know. A way to create a more pure 20 hydro class?? Not sure I would want to enforce it though.

Limitation of Entries

Section 3

A. No contestant may enter more than one boat of the same hull/engine class in one event.
To do so would double his chances of winning an award or trophy.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:14 AM
Billk44

ORIGINAL: Blackout

From the rule book. I did not know. A way to create a more pure 20 hydro class?? Not sure I would want to enforce it though.

Limitation of Entries

Section 3

A. No contestant may enter more than one boat of the same hull/engine class in one event.
What was the question here??
Old 10-23-2012, 05:49 AM
parshallboatworks

ORIGINAL: Billk44

Limitation of Entries

Section 3

No problem... Question is which hand runs the faster boat??? Lol transmitter in each hand??!!??
Old 10-23-2012, 06:08 AM
Blackout

Limitation of Entries

Section 3

I think I read the rule wrong last night. I assumed it limited one boat to one class. Not one boat in two different classes. Oh well, back to studying...
Old 10-23-2012, 06:08 AM
advanced builder

All rigger builders ,You will need a cowl to race. The engine sits right out front. I was lucky to NOT follow a wake. I see a guy on the IW that is selling cowls kinda cheap in price. Racing you will get into a wake. Just one less thing to lookout for. if you intake water ON YOUR engine GONE. You buy and sell nitro stuff on the IW a must
Manufacturers/Distributors For Sale
Last call for Zip sweat shirts
Old 10-23-2012, 06:19 AM
advanced builder

Anyone wanting to CD next year, take your test.

http://www.impba.net/images/stories/...test021109.pdf

For the answers, the rule book is here.

http://www.impba.net/index.php?optio...=132&Itemid=61
What's this stuff. I have a hard time remembering how to tie my shoes.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:19 AM
Billk44

Limitation of Entries

Section 3

I think I read the rule wrong last night. I assumed it limited one boat to one class. Not one boat in two different classes. Oh well, back to studying...
One entry per class. However, you can enter the same boat in multiple classes if it meets the class requirements. Example: a Gas Mono can run in the gas mono class as well as the open mono class.

The 20 (B) hydro class at Elmira allowed other boats into the class to keep the class ALIVE as it was so weak. Note how poorly the 12 (A) hydro turned out this year.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:59 AM
Blackout

Limitation of Entries

Section 3

One entry per class. However, you can enter the same boat in multiple classes if it meets the class requirements. Example: a Gas Mono can run in the gas mono class as well as the open mono class.

The 20 (B) hydro class at Elmira allowed other boats into the class to keep the class ALIVE as it was so weak. Note how poorly the 12 (A) hydro turned out this year.
Thanks Bill, I did read it wrong. I have no problem with the 20 tunnels anymore, but when I was first learning, boy did I have trouble getting around them 2 or 3 times per race.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:21 AM
engineman351

Joe Petro: Check this full size hydro out. My son Tom found it when checking out hydro pics. http://www.vintagehydroplanes.com/zz...graphical.html RC
Old 10-23-2012, 07:38 AM
Billk44

Very cool, especially the head on shot. An ole 331 Red Ram hemi.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:29 AM
parshallboatworks

Thanks for sharing that link!!! Nice to see the vintage hydros restored and in the water!!! I know the Morshimers they restore vintage boats and race too.. They ran the Hydro Bowl this year!!! I got to see the unlimiteds race in the 80s a couple times and would like an opportunity to see them again, but dont think seneca lake will have them back again!!!
Old 10-23-2012, 01:34 PM
bdog1

Joe Petro :There is a swap meet /auction this sat in Phelps by the Skyrovers airplane club,will you be attending ?
If so I would like to pick up some hardware for one of the kits I bought from you last weekend.....I am pretty sure no shoveling of dirt will be required at this event - Mike Daly
Old 10-23-2012, 06:51 PM
parshallboatworks

ORIGINAL: advanced builder

All rigger builders ,You will need a cowl to race. The engine sits right out front. I was lucky to NOT follow a wake. I see a guy on the IW that is selling cowls kinda cheap in price. Racing you will get into a wake. Just one less thing to lookout for. if you intake water ON YOUR engine GONE. You buy and sell nitro stuff on the IW a must
Manufacturers/Distributors For Sale
Last call for Zip sweat shirts
I would be happy to fabricate a cowl for any application for riggers and hydros...i can make a plug to fit your boat and make a light weight fiberglass cowl... this way i would have plugs for future use!!!! keep the $$$$ in our comunity!!! GO TEAM STONEY!!!!
Anyone interested contact me via e-mail, pm or give me a call... 507-8710 (585)
thanks, Rick P.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:57 PM
parshallboatworks

Joe Petro :There is a swap meet /auction this sat in Phelps by the Skyrovers airplane club,will you be attending ?
If so I would like to pick up some hardware for one of the kits I bought from you last weekend.....I am pretty sure no shoveling of dirt will be required at this event - Mike Daly
That makes two of us mike!!!just e-mailed about a gasser engine... hopefully see you at auction!!! and there will be no dirt shoveling.... but maby some mud slinging..??!!?? LOL
Rick P.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:31 AM
advanced builder

Luc what about adding Stony Pond to the draw for the D1 Championship series next season ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.