Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Central NEW YORK boaters

Reply
Old 11-03-2012, 05:11 PM
  #2926
parshallboatworks
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bloomfield, NY
Posts: 427
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Blackout

I added some pictures on our club website.... Our website is rough for now, but better than nothing.

http://www.stonypond.net
Nice pics craig!!! looks like in a weeks time they will be able to do quite a job... going bigger if they have time? gee seeing the pics makes me want to run em.... anyone up for a frozen finger run tomorrow???(sun)... thanks for the update,i like the thread on the sight!!!
Rick P.

parshallboatworks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:20 PM
  #2927
Blackout
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Canandaigua, NY
Posts: 1,754
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

Going as wide as possible and the pond will be 700 feet long.

Rick, Your builds are going well and it hasn't even snowed yet!

http://www.stonypond.net
Blackout is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:05 AM
  #2928
advanced builder
Thread Starter
 
advanced builder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Baldwinsville, NY
Posts: 3,053
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

Quote:
ORIGINAL: joebahl


Quote:
ORIGINAL: rickyak55

Bottoms done on both boats... time for transom#2... then on to sealing.. the part i dont like so much.... be better with slow MAAS.. The plans say to mix up 2oz for sealing inside hull... boat# one i got half way before it was setting up... great for sealing JAE... not so much with thunderboat sponsons etc...allmost time for engine-driveline...
Rick
What do you guys use thats light to seal the insides of the bottoms of your boats ? joe
We use the Mas or West system http://www.jamestowndistributors.com...ne=1&page=GRID
Craig looks good the big dig.
advanced builder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:17 PM
  #2929
Hydro Junkie
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Marysville, WA
Posts: 6,051
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters


Quote:
ORIGINAL: advanced builder

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Hydro Junkie

I have to agree with Joe, a properly built boat doesn't need extra strengthening in the engine bay. As for the transom, you could add some glue blocks along the edges to increase the strength in this area.
Getting back to you question on Z-Poxy, I'll never use it again. I found it to be brittle and not fuel proof when used in a sport 20 last year. I was able to remove all of it with a blunt edged metal bladed spreader and a Monokote heat gun
We TALKING gas Yes I agree with you with nitro. I got 2 tubs to build because of the Zpoxy. Sig resin is cheap and still works. But I redone my real boats floor with Mas & I have extra Rick
I will come Sat or Sun.,we still got a shovel for you HJ
I have a extra .21 and a .12 rigger kit ,that needs to be built. If you want to build. trade the Mas. if you want. Rick
Also a good looking hull by the way, good job.
I know we're talking gas and my comment still stands on needing extra strengthening and Zpoxy. Hate to say it but I got back home on Friday night after riding out "Sandy" so, unfortunately, I'm a little too far away to help out
Hydro Junkie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:12 PM
  #2930
parshallboatworks
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bloomfield, NY
Posts: 427
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

no z-poxy used.. MAS flag...
I strengthend transom with carbon fiber... Inside both boats sealed one coat of MAS...
Quote:
ORIGINAL: Hydro Junkie


Quote:
ORIGINAL: advanced builder

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Hydro Junkie

I have to agree with Joe, a properly built boat doesn't need extra strengthening in the engine bay. As for the transom, you could add some glue blocks along the edges to increase the strength in this area.
Getting back to you question on Z-Poxy, I'll never use it again. I found it to be brittle and not fuel proof when used in a sport 20 last year. I was able to remove all of it with a blunt edged metal bladed spreader and a Monokote heat gun
We TALKING gas Yes I agree with you with nitro. I got 2 tubs to build because of the Zpoxy. Sig resin is cheap and still works. But I redone my real boats floor with Mas & I have extra Rick
I will come Sat or Sun.,we still got a shovel for you HJ
I have a extra .21 and a .12 rigger kit ,that needs to be built. If you want to build. trade the Mas. if you want. Rick
Also a good looking hull by the way, good job.
I know we're talking gas and my comment still stands on needing extra strengthening and Zpoxy. Hate to say it but I got back home on Friday night after riding out "Sandy" so, unfortunately, I'm a little too far away to help out
parshallboatworks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:17 PM
  #2931
parshallboatworks
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bloomfield, NY
Posts: 427
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

  ?  Full size
http://pic.pbsrc.com/bubbles/bubble_bg.gif); border: 1px solid gray; background-position: 0px 0%; " class="bubble_content">
http://pic.pbsrc.com/bubbles/bubble_arrow.gif); background-position: 0px 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; " class="arrow">
Use this to embed your content (at its full size) on bulletin boards and forums. You may have to modify the code to [img] on some forums. Your media will display on the site that it is linked to.

parshallboatworks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:26 PM
  #2932
parshallboatworks
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bloomfield, NY
Posts: 427
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters


Quote:
ORIGINAL: rickyak55

?Full size
http://pic.pbsrc.com/bubbles/bubble_bg.gif); border: 1px solid gray; background-position: 0px 0%; " class="bubble_content">
http://pic.pbsrc.com/bubbles/bubble_arrow.gif); background-position: 0px 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; " class="arrow">
Use this to embed your content (at its full size) on bulletin boards and forums. You may have to modify the code to [img] on some forums. Your media will display on the site that it is linked to.
parshallboatworks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:28 PM
  #2933
parshallboatworks
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bloomfield, NY
Posts: 427
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters


Quote:
ORIGINAL: rickyak55


Quote:
ORIGINAL: rickyak55

?Full size
http://pic.pbsrc.com/bubbles/bubble_bg.gif); border: 1px solid gray; background-position: 0px 0%; " class="bubble_content">
http://pic.pbsrc.com/bubbles/bubble_arrow.gif); background-position: 0px 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; " class="arrow">
Use this to embed your content (at its full size) on bulletin boards and forums. You may have to modify the code to [img] on some forums. Your media will display on the site that it is linked to.
Only mod to kit so far... Carbon fiber reinforcment on transom... Both hulls sealed with one coat of MAS...
parshallboatworks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:31 PM
  #2934
parshallboatworks
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bloomfield, NY
Posts: 427
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters


Quote:
ORIGINAL: rickyak55


Quote:
ORIGINAL: rickyak55


Quote:
ORIGINAL: rickyak55

?Full size
http://pic.pbsrc.com/bubbles/bubble_bg.gif); border: 1px solid gray; background-position: 0px 0%; " class="bubble_content">
http://pic.pbsrc.com/bubbles/bubble_arrow.gif); background-position: 0px 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; " class="arrow">
Use this to embed your content (at its full size) on bulletin boards and forums. You may have to modify the code to [img] on some forums. Your media will display on the site that it is linked to.
Only mod to kit so far... Carbon fiber reinforcment on transom... Both hulls sealed with one coat of MAS...
Sorry everyone, trying to figure out snapbucket now... From i-phone..thanks for your patience...lol... Rick P.
R
parshallboatworks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:10 PM
  #2935
Hydro Junkie
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Marysville, WA
Posts: 6,051
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

As I said, I would have used spruce glue blocks as I've seen CF fail in the past, but that's just my opinion and it's your boat
Hydro Junkie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:57 AM
  #2936
engineman351
 
engineman351's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 414
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

Rick. The builds look awesome!! I don't think you can go wrong adding some strength like you are doing. I am thinking more about vibration from the hull slapping the water, blowoffs, and the engine. If you hit someting (like Joe's boat!) all bets are off!!. Nice job. I think Tom is going to be happy with the build. I may have to limit his prop choices to keep him behind me!! Roger C.
engineman351 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:04 AM
  #2937
Billk44
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Factoryville, PA
Posts: 268
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters


Quote:
ORIGINAL: engineman351

Rick. The builds look awesome!! I don't think you can go wrong adding some strength like you are doing. I am thinking more about vibration from the hull slapping the water, blowoffs, and the engine. If you hit someting (like Joe's boat!) all bets are off!!. Nice job. I think Tom is going to be happy with the build. I may have to limit his prop choices to keep him behind me!! Roger C.
Roger,
Does this mean Tom will be running gas next year? What does your boat roster look like for racing?

Bill
Billk44 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:21 AM
  #2938
advanced builder
Thread Starter
 
advanced builder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Baldwinsville, NY
Posts: 3,053
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Hydro Junkie


Quote:
ORIGINAL: advanced builder

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Hydro Junkie

I have to agree with Joe, a properly built boat doesn't need extra strengthening in the engine bay. As for the transom, you could add some glue blocks along the edges to increase the strength in this area.
Getting back to you question on Z-Poxy, I'll never use it again. I found it to be brittle and not fuel proof when used in a sport 20 last year. I was able to remove all of it with a blunt edged metal bladed spreader and a Monokote heat gun
We TALKING gas Yes I agree with you with nitro. I got 2 tubs to build because of the Zpoxy. Sig resin is cheap and still works. But I redone my real boats floor with Mas & I have extra Rick
I will come Sat or Sun.,we still got a shovel for you HJ
I have a extra .21 and a .12 rigger kit ,that needs to be built. If you want to build. trade the Mas. if you want. Rick
Also a good looking hull by the way, good job.
I know we're talking gas and my comment still stands on needing extra strengthening and Zpoxy. Hate to say it but I got back home on Friday night after riding out ''Sandy'' so, unfortunately, I'm a little too far away to help out
OH so you were around our area when the storm hit,No wonder we got it so bad. Just kidding
advanced builder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:13 AM
  #2939
engineman351
 
engineman351's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 414
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

Bill, Yes. Most likely Tom will run gas next season, but I am not sure it will be the Thunderboat. There is the thought that some of the Stony Pond critters would like to run an 'outlaw' thunder boat class that allows stock engines with more displacement...like the 28.5's, etc. I was thinking that I would turn my Gas Sport Hydro over to Tom to run in Elmira if he can get there. My thunderboat will remain IMPBA legal. I am planning on running that as well as Gas Mono and Open Rigger with the Cajun Bullet. I would also like to get my Stryker Cat back on the water so I could run Gas Cat again. If I run Nitro, it will only be at Stony Pond. Roger C.
engineman351 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:36 AM
  #2940
Blackout
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Canandaigua, NY
Posts: 1,754
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

Open rigger could be a big class next year! [8D]

It's hard for me to race more than three boats, so I may drop open mono for open rigger. So that would be 20 tunnel, 20 hydro, and open rigger.
Blackout is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:05 AM
  #2941
Billk44
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Factoryville, PA
Posts: 268
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters


Quote:
ORIGINAL: engineman351

Bill, Yes. Most likely Tom will run gas next season, but I am not sure it will be the Thunderboat. There is the thought that some of the Stony Pond critters would like to run an 'outlaw' thunder boat class that allows stock engines with more displacement...like the 28.5's, etc. I was thinking that I would turn my Gas Sport Hydro over to Tom to run in Elmira if he can get there. My thunderboat will remain IMPBA legal. I am planning on running that as well as Gas Mono and Open Rigger with the Cajun Bullet. I would also like to get my Stryker Cat back on the water so I could run Gas Cat again. If I run Nitro, it will only be at Stony Pond. Roger C.
Smart move in my opinion not mixing disciplines. When I ran mixed classes, it drove me nuts. I will run cat, sport hydro and open rigger. My Microburst mono is benched as I do not want to run four. CD'ing eats up so much of my time so it is a good thing Walt keeps me covered when I am busy.
Billk44 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:07 PM
  #2942
gassertom
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Henrietta , NY
Posts: 180
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

Hi Guys,
Took a ride out today to the pond and took this video of the work in progress.  Going to be great when they get finished.

T&C
gassertom is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:24 PM
  #2943
Canadian LoCo
 
Canadian LoCo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cornwall, ON, CANADA
Posts: 401
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

WOW just think of what is being done just to play with toy boats.
it's addicting keep up to great work guys.
Canadian LoCo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:42 PM
  #2944
Blackout
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Canandaigua, NY
Posts: 1,754
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Canadian LoCo

WOW just think of what is being done just to play with toy boats.
it's addicting keep up to great work guys.
You only live once!

Tom and Cindy, thanks for taking video. I took some but ran into problems uploading....

They moved a lot of dirt. It was a father/son team today running the dozers. A lot more to move still.
Blackout is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:38 PM
  #2945
Joe Petro
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St. Paul, Indiana
Posts: 538
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

Saweeet!!!

Joe
Joe Petro is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:13 PM
  #2946
parshallboatworks
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bloomfield, NY
Posts: 427
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

[img]Check out this photo from Snapbucket: http://pbckt.com/pH.u31tmF[/img]Check out this photo from Snapbucket: http://pbckt.com/pH.u31tmF.     
2 coats in one hull!!! Time to mount engine and hardware.. Yippie!!
Rick
parshallboatworks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:29 PM
  #2947
parshallboatworks
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bloomfield, NY
Posts: 427
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

[img][/img]
maby this time????ugh!!

parshallboatworks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:33 AM
  #2948
tdrock357
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: geneva, NY
Posts: 15
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

I`m building my first boat,.Easy-Vee from Zipp Kit ,should be finished by spring.Still don`t have any idea`s for a pond to run it in.
tdrock357 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:02 AM
  #2949
Blackout
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Canandaigua, NY
Posts: 1,754
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters


Quote:
ORIGINAL: tdrock357

I`m building my first boat,.Easy-Vee from Zipp Kit ,should be finished by spring.Still don`t have any idea`s for a pond to run it in.
You're 20 minutes away.

www.stonypond.net

While you'll need to pay IMPBA and Stony Pond club dues, you'll get a place to run and a ton of expert advise.
Blackout is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:57 AM
  #2950
tdrock357
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: geneva, NY
Posts: 15
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

WOW  I`m seriously  interested in that .I deffinetly  am going to check into it.Thanks alot.
tdrock357 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:24 PM.