Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Central NEW YORK boaters

Old 11-03-2012, 05:11 PM
parshallboatworks

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Blackout

I added some pictures on our club website.... Our website is rough for now, but better than nothing.

http://www.stonypond.net
Nice pics craig!!! looks like in a weeks time they will be able to do quite a job... going bigger if they have time? gee seeing the pics makes me want to run em.... anyone up for a frozen finger run tomorrow???(sun)... thanks for the update,i like the thread on the sight!!!
Rick P.

Old 11-03-2012, 05:20 PM
Blackout

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Going as wide as possible and the pond will be 700 feet long.

Rick, Your builds are going well and it hasn't even snowed yet!

http://www.stonypond.net
Old 11-04-2012, 09:05 AM
advanced builder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: joebahl

Quote:
ORIGINAL: rickyak55

Bottoms done on both boats... time for transom#2... then on to sealing.. the part i dont like so much.... be better with slow MAAS.. The plans say to mix up 2oz for sealing inside hull... boat# one i got half way before it was setting up... great for sealing JAE... not so much with thunderboat sponsons etc...allmost time for engine-driveline...
Rick
What do you guys use thats light to seal the insides of the bottoms of your boats ? joe
We use the Mas or West system http://www.jamestowndistributors.com...ne=1&page=GRID
Craig looks good the big dig.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:17 PM
Hydro Junkie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: advanced builder

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Hydro Junkie

I have to agree with Joe, a properly built boat doesn't need extra strengthening in the engine bay. As for the transom, you could add some glue blocks along the edges to increase the strength in this area.
Getting back to you question on Z-Poxy, I'll never use it again. I found it to be brittle and not fuel proof when used in a sport 20 last year. I was able to remove all of it with a blunt edged metal bladed spreader and a Monokote heat gun
We TALKING gas Yes I agree with you with nitro. I got 2 tubs to build because of the Zpoxy. Sig resin is cheap and still works. But I redone my real boats floor with Mas & I have extra Rick
I will come Sat or Sun.,we still got a shovel for you HJ
I have a extra .21 and a .12 rigger kit ,that needs to be built. If you want to build. trade the Mas. if you want. Rick
Also a good looking hull by the way, good job.
I know we're talking gas and my comment still stands on needing extra strengthening and Zpoxy. Hate to say it but I got back home on Friday night after riding out "Sandy" so, unfortunately, I'm a little too far away to help out
Old 11-04-2012, 08:12 PM
parshallboatworks

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

no z-poxy used.. MAS flag...
I strengthend transom with carbon fiber... Inside both boats sealed one coat of MAS...
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I have to agree with Joe, a properly built boat doesn't need extra strengthening in the engine bay. As for the transom, you could add some glue blocks along the edges to increase the strength in this area.
Getting back to you question on Z-Poxy, I'll never use it again. I found it to be brittle and not fuel proof when used in a sport 20 last year. I was able to remove all of it with a blunt edged metal bladed spreader and a Monokote heat gun
We TALKING gas Yes I agree with you with nitro. I got 2 tubs to build because of the Zpoxy. Sig resin is cheap and still works. But I redone my real boats floor with Mas & I have extra Rick
I have a extra .21 and a .12 rigger kit ,that needs to be built. If you want to build. trade the Mas. if you want. Rick
I know we're talking gas and my comment still stands on needing extra strengthening and Zpoxy. Hate to say it but I got back home on Friday night after riding out "Sandy" so, unfortunately, I'm a little too far away to help out
Old 11-04-2012, 08:17 PM
parshallboatworks

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

?  Full size
http://pic.pbsrc.com/bubbles/bubble_bg.gif); border: 1px solid gray; background-position: 0px 0%; " class="bubble_content">
http://pic.pbsrc.com/bubbles/bubble_arrow.gif); background-position: 0px 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; " class="arrow">
Use this to embed your content (at its full size) on bulletin boards and forums. You may have to modify the code to [img] on some forums. Your media will display on the site that it is linked to.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:26 PM
parshallboatworks

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:

?Full size
http://pic.pbsrc.com/bubbles/bubble_bg.gif); border: 1px solid gray; background-position: 0px 0%; " class="bubble_content">
http://pic.pbsrc.com/bubbles/bubble_arrow.gif); background-position: 0px 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; " class="arrow">
Use this to embed your content (at its full size) on bulletin boards and forums. You may have to modify the code to [img] on some forums. Your media will display on the site that it is linked to.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:28 PM
parshallboatworks

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:

Quote:

?Full size
Only mod to kit so far... Carbon fiber reinforcment on transom... Both hulls sealed with one coat of MAS...
Old 11-04-2012, 08:31 PM
parshallboatworks

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

?Full size
Only mod to kit so far... Carbon fiber reinforcment on transom... Both hulls sealed with one coat of MAS...
Sorry everyone, trying to figure out snapbucket now... From i-phone..thanks for your patience...lol... Rick P.
R
Old 11-04-2012, 09:10 PM
Hydro Junkie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

As I said, I would have used spruce glue blocks as I've seen CF fail in the past, but that's just my opinion and it's your boat
Old 11-05-2012, 05:57 AM
engineman351

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Rick. The builds look awesome!! I don't think you can go wrong adding some strength like you are doing. I am thinking more about vibration from the hull slapping the water, blowoffs, and the engine. If you hit someting (like Joe's boat!) all bets are off!!. Nice job. I think Tom is going to be happy with the build. I may have to limit his prop choices to keep him behind me!! Roger C.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:04 AM
Billk44

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: engineman351

Rick. The builds look awesome!! I don't think you can go wrong adding some strength like you are doing. I am thinking more about vibration from the hull slapping the water, blowoffs, and the engine. If you hit someting (like Joe's boat!) all bets are off!!. Nice job. I think Tom is going to be happy with the build. I may have to limit his prop choices to keep him behind me!! Roger C.
Roger,
Does this mean Tom will be running gas next year? What does your boat roster look like for racing?

Bill
Old 11-05-2012, 07:21 AM
advanced builder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I know we're talking gas and my comment still stands on needing extra strengthening and Zpoxy. Hate to say it but I got back home on Friday night after riding out ''Sandy'' so, unfortunately, I'm a little too far away to help out
OH so you were around our area when the storm hit,No wonder we got it so bad. Just kidding
Old 11-05-2012, 09:13 AM
engineman351

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Bill, Yes. Most likely Tom will run gas next season, but I am not sure it will be the Thunderboat. There is the thought that some of the Stony Pond critters would like to run an 'outlaw' thunder boat class that allows stock engines with more displacement...like the 28.5's, etc. I was thinking that I would turn my Gas Sport Hydro over to Tom to run in Elmira if he can get there. My thunderboat will remain IMPBA legal. I am planning on running that as well as Gas Mono and Open Rigger with the Cajun Bullet. I would also like to get my Stryker Cat back on the water so I could run Gas Cat again. If I run Nitro, it will only be at Stony Pond. Roger C.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:36 AM
Blackout

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Open rigger could be a big class next year! [8D]

It's hard for me to race more than three boats, so I may drop open mono for open rigger. So that would be 20 tunnel, 20 hydro, and open rigger.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:05 AM
Billk44

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: engineman351

Bill, Yes. Most likely Tom will run gas next season, but I am not sure it will be the Thunderboat. There is the thought that some of the Stony Pond critters would like to run an 'outlaw' thunder boat class that allows stock engines with more displacement...like the 28.5's, etc. I was thinking that I would turn my Gas Sport Hydro over to Tom to run in Elmira if he can get there. My thunderboat will remain IMPBA legal. I am planning on running that as well as Gas Mono and Open Rigger with the Cajun Bullet. I would also like to get my Stryker Cat back on the water so I could run Gas Cat again. If I run Nitro, it will only be at Stony Pond. Roger C.
Smart move in my opinion not mixing disciplines. When I ran mixed classes, it drove me nuts. I will run cat, sport hydro and open rigger. My Microburst mono is benched as I do not want to run four. CD'ing eats up so much of my time so it is a good thing Walt keeps me covered when I am busy.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:07 PM
gassertom

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi Guys,
Took a ride out today to the pond and took this video of the work in progress.  Going to be great when they get finished.

T&C
Old 11-05-2012, 02:24 PM
Canadian LoCo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

WOW just think of what is being done just to play with toy boats.
it's addicting keep up to great work guys.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:42 PM
Blackout

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Canadian LoCo

WOW just think of what is being done just to play with toy boats.
it's addicting keep up to great work guys.
You only live once!

Tom and Cindy, thanks for taking video. I took some but ran into problems uploading....

They moved a lot of dirt. It was a father/son team today running the dozers. A lot more to move still.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:38 PM
Joe Petro

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Saweeet!!!

Joe
Old 11-05-2012, 07:13 PM
parshallboatworks

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

[img]Check out this photo from Snapbucket: http://pbckt.com/pH.u31tmF[/img]Check out this photo from Snapbucket: http://pbckt.com/pH.u31tmF.     
2 coats in one hull!!! Time to mount engine and hardware.. Yippie!!
Rick
Old 11-05-2012, 08:29 PM
parshallboatworks

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

[img][/img]
maby this time????ugh!!

Old 11-06-2012, 02:33 AM
tdrock357

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I`m building my first boat,.Easy-Vee from Zipp Kit ,should be finished by spring.Still don`t have any idea`s for a pond to run it in.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:02 AM
Blackout

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: tdrock357

I`m building my first boat,.Easy-Vee from Zipp Kit ,should be finished by spring.Still don`t have any idea`s for a pond to run it in.
You're 20 minutes away.

www.stonypond.net

While you'll need to pay IMPBA and Stony Pond club dues, you'll get a place to run and a ton of expert advise.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:57 AM
tdrock357

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

WOW  I`m seriously  interested in that .I deffinetly  am going to check into it.Thanks alot.

Search this Thread