Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Central NEW YORK boaters

Old 11-09-2012, 12:10 PM
Blackout

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

Assuming it clears the hull floor, I would put one of these on from Zippkits....

Old 11-09-2012, 01:43 PM
engineman351

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ARRRRRRRRGHHHHHH!!! Craig is missing one of the benefits of having a gas powerplant!! (I know...I speak a different tune after a weekend of yanking on the rope for three boats!!) However, Craig does have the right piece pictured for a Thunderboat as the rules require retaining the recoil starter: From IMPBA/LSG Section I/Thunderboats/Engine Specifications...The engine must be equipped with a recoil starter and this starter must be the primary means of starting the engine. Supplementary starters are allowed. The brand of starter is optional. The brand of starter including the EZ Start is optional. Roger
Old 11-09-2012, 01:45 PM
engineman351

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Rick, Great work on the Thunderboats!! RC
Old 11-09-2012, 02:50 PM
crombyzombie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Blackout

Quote:
ORIGINAL: gassertom

Craig - we plan on getting out to the pond Sunday around 10-11 to complete the staining. Do you have the brushes that we left?
T&C
Yes, I have the brushes. I also have your portable grill. Remind me to give it to you. Thanks.

I added two more pictures of the dig to our website.

www.stonypond.net

Craig, Ithink Ileft my shirt there when Iwas staining. Hopefully it didnt end up as a paint rag. Is anyone going to be running on sunday?Ihave a recovery boat to test out.

Mark
Old 11-09-2012, 05:24 PM
parshallboatworks

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

deck glued on,cowl fits..... getting nose looking like a SHOVEL.... aaaawww theres that word..... makes me think of a certain island... have to get hardware kit from joe.... ssssshhhhh i didnt make any money this week.... just sayin!!!!!!!!!
Rick
ps sunday going to be real nice... might have to run circles around people digging island...lol
Old 11-09-2012, 05:48 PM
Blackout

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: crombyzombie

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Blackout

Quote:
ORIGINAL: gassertom

Craig - we plan on getting out to the pond Sunday around 10-11 to complete the staining. Do you have the brushes that we left?
T&C
Yes, I have the brushes. I also have your portable grill. Remind me to give it to you. Thanks.

I added two more pictures of the dig to our website.

www.stonypond.net

Craig, I think I left my shirt there when I was staining. Hopefully it didnt end up as a paint rag. Is anyone going to be running on sunday? I have a recovery boat to test out.

Mark
Hi Mark,

Yes, I have your shirt. Sorry, I kept meaning to send a PM. You can run your boat on Sunday, the pond is just smaller. There will be spots you will need to stay away from or you will run a ground.

Old 11-09-2012, 05:51 PM
Blackout

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: engineman351

ARRRRRRRRGHHHHHH!!! Craig is missing one of the benefits of having a gas powerplant!! (I know...I speak a different tune after a weekend of yanking on the rope for three boats!!) However, Craig does have the right piece pictured for a Thunderboat as the rules require retaining the recoil starter: From IMPBA/LSG Section I/Thunderboats/Engine Specifications...The engine must be equipped with a recoil starter and this starter must be the primary means of starting the engine. Supplementary starters are allowed. The brand of starter is optional. The brand of starter including the EZ Start is optional. Roger
Stock Zenoha needs more pulls to start than a mod motor. Go figure.....
Old 11-09-2012, 06:18 PM
advanced builder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

What are going to do with Luc ?? Him and his T-boat do tricks. Flips and stuff like that. I'll pay just to watch. [8D] Did we decide to anything with the CD and side ref. As to where to put them? I have 4 table bases. We can paint-em and I have 4x6x8 landscape timbers to make a table top then add ply wood. They will be pit tables. End of season just use the Kobota forks. to lift the tables. The winds will take them if light weight. Craig can we store them in a shed to work on whenever time we want.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:57 PM
parshallboatworks

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: advanced builder

What are going to do with Luc ?? Him and his T-boat do tricks. Flips and stuff like that. I'll pay just to watch. [8D] Did we decide to anything with the CD and side ref. As to where to put them? I have 4 table bases. We can paint-em and I have 4x6x8 landscape timbers to make a table top then add ply wood. They will be pit tables. End of season just use the Kobota forks. to lift the tables. The winds will take them if light weight. Craig can we store them in a shed to work on whenever time we want.
LOL...I say we just take over Craigs wifes dock!!!! attach everything with lag bolts so wind dont blow em away...
Old 11-09-2012, 07:01 PM
parshallboatworks

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:

Rick, Great work on the Thunderboats!! RC
Thanks Roger!!! tom and i will have fun with em.... i have mod engine tho,so his better be well waterproofed!!!the kits have been fun to build... cant wait to see em run,thats when we will see if i can build.... need to hook up with hardware kit from Joe next.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:55 AM
Blackout

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: rickyak55

Quote:

LOL...I say we just take over Craigs wifes dock!!!! attach everything with lag bolts so wind dont blow em away...[img][/img]
LOL, good luck with that.... [X(]
Old 11-10-2012, 05:09 AM
Blackout

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:

The CD and refs will be on a 4 foot platform that I will build under the driver's stand. Yes, the drivers will be 10 feet in the air and the CD will be 4 feet in the air. This is the opposite to what usually is done, but less boat carnage is more important than a bad call here and there. I think many will be surprised how well it works. If the drivers are high off the water, they are less likely to make a mistake since they will have a better view of their boat and the other boats. This means less calls for the CD. I'll let you guys know when I start getting material to build this in case anyone wants to help, but it should go up easy.

Tables sound good Neil! Heavy tables can be left out.

Shed? You mean build them during the winter in the barn? They should go together quick. Might be a good early spring project, and build at the pond. But, yes, I have room in the barn to store pieces over the winter and we could work on them when we have time.

I'm working on a analog clock. I should be able to do something cheap. Down the road we can always upgrade to a digital clock.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:56 PM
advanced builder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

my SUV is still in the garage. So I'm stuck home. oil leak time for a newer one.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:22 PM
Blackout

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:

my SUV is still in the garage. So I'm stuck home. oil leak time for a newer one.
O.K. Neil, that's fine.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:24 AM
tdrock357

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hay there guys ,sorry to interupt  but got a question if you could tell me ,wich is better, running a plastic insert or not in your stuffing tube?And what about using one of those t`s to hold your stuffing tube?
Old 11-11-2012, 04:49 AM
Blackout

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: tdrock357

Hay there guys ,sorry to interupt but got a question if you could tell me ,wich is better, running a plastic insert or not in your stuffing tube?And what about using one of those t`s to hold your stuffing tube?
The T- bars work great and make alignment of the stuffing tube to the engine easy.

Whether to run a teflon liner inside the brass tube is a toss-up. They used to do it all the time. Then everyone switched over to just brass because many had problems with the teflon melting and seizing the drive cable. Now some are switching back to reduce friction for SAW runs. If you do run a teflon liner, get the liner/brass from Aeromarine as one assembled piece. The Octura liner is too loose a fit in the brass tubing and will spin on you. Personally, I would just use a brass tube with no liner.

No such thing as interupting on this thread. Feel free to ask any questions you want.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:24 PM
parshallboatworks

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi everyone!! Sorry i was a no show today, went to tow sons car home from alfred friday night and spent all day today changing timing belt and goofing around with that(or f@*^€~in around)... Pain in the butt.. And on such a beautiful day.. Wondering how things went today and this week??? Did we do some more demolision on the island??? Did we find some explosives or call in a air strike??? Lol..
Old 11-11-2012, 05:29 PM
Blackout

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: rickyak55

Hi everyone!! Sorry i was a no show today, went to tow sons car home from alfred friday night and spent all day today changing timing belt and goofing around with that(or f@*^€~in around)... Pain in the butt.. And on such a beautiful day.. Wondering how things went today and this week??? Did we do some more demolision on the island??? Did we find some explosives or call in a air strike??? Lol..
No digging on the island today. The dozers stripped some topsoil Friday, so I spent the day moving some of it to the pit area with the Kubota. We'll get the island next weekend. We still have time.

The pond enlarging is coming along well. They should be finished in a couple days.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:03 AM
advanced builder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Today is a good one to work, Nice day ,I'm still stuck home. I may add X-mast lights to the tree out front. Still a little early but they will be ready to shine.
TD I say no inserts as if the cable heats up and melts the Teflon, then you got a big problem. Like replacing the whole brass pipe. Makes for a bad day at the pond. Cable grease your driveline with a good grade of grease. I like Evenrude grease. or snowmobile grease. I like how they pack the grease. http://rcboatparts.com/
the blue goo works great. same as Evenrude.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:17 AM
Blackout

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I had to go to work today. I would have loved to work at the pond more in this weather. I'd like to have seen them finish the pond too. I'll be out there tonight with a flash light trying to figure out how much more they have to do. I hate getting home in the dark...

I was too busy to take pictures over the weekend. The one time I was going to, my son was using the camera. Cindy took some though. I'll try to take some tomorrow morning.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:25 AM
engineman351

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

TDRock... I'm with Neil on NOT using the teflon. Plain brass tube (1/4 flex shaft in a 5/16th tube) is pretty simple. Just keep it lubed to keep water out of the hull and the shaft/tube from wearing. On one of my older gassers the stuffing tube is glassed inside the hull for about eight inches. The teflon wadded up around the flexshaft locking it. I spent about five hours working the shaft out then making various tools to 'scrape' the melted teflon off the inside of the tube. I would have spent less time cutting it out and installing a new tube!! I haven't used teflon in any of my builds since...even on the nitro stuff. RC
Old 11-12-2012, 08:41 AM
engineman351

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

To my JAE .12 buddies...After the final leaf clean-up in Penfield yesterday, I snuck (sneaked??) out to the Park Ridge pond. I brought my JAE .12 with OS TZ power and finally got it to run more than a lap or two...and it was very fast. I think putting the OS carb on it really did the trick. It actually had some throttle response. I'd say another key to making laps was pretty smooth water. Now...if we can get three or four of them running together...?? RC
Old 11-12-2012, 09:31 AM
Blackout

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:

To my JAE .12 buddies...After the final leaf clean-up in Penfield yesterday, I snuck (sneaked??) out to the Park Ridge pond. I brought my JAE .12 with OS TZ power and finally got it to run more than a lap or two...and it was very fast. I think putting the OS carb on it really did the trick. It actually had some throttle response. I'd say another key to making laps was pretty smooth water. Now...if we can get three or four of them running together...?? RC
That's good to hear. I think I will give my .12 another try next spring. Mine was very fast as well when it would do laps. The NR .12 is just a pain in the rear to break-in.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:33 AM
advanced builder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:

I like -em too Roger. they scoot right along. I'm building one for BIG Matt almost done. I like the build size. I wonder how his big fingers will fit inside the tub. []
I just don't have time to mess with the .12 with a .67 setting looking at me. Craig's .12NR still needs to be broken in. Fussy little engines. until broken in. We spent several days with that one. Next season. I am pulling my new .45 Vac apart looking for flashing. The liner is just 3 intakes. the drum housing is beveled , that all I see different. I will break it in stock. Then one can see the darkened area for the intakes. Go modify after the break in.
Roger the last time I seen Teflon was inside that Dumas.67 Hydro ,you worked on
Old 11-12-2012, 10:21 AM
engineman351

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Neil...On the JAE .12 I use a Du-Bro pull switch facing fwd into the engine bay. I can barely get a grip on it to turn it off when its on the bench. When it gets fuel on it I have to grab a pliers to 'pull' it to the off position. If I rig another one, I'll probably use a push/pull rod thru the transom. LMAO...that .67 Circus-Circus was built all wrong. There wasn't even a tube around any of the teflon. I wound up putting a full brass stuffing tube in it. He wound up blowing up the OPS 80 in it. RC

Search this Thread