Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 123 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,075 of 4043

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

THANKS Joe...!!! i love your kit!!! has been fun to build and if the cockpit area was finished BARBIE would be sittin pretty in there... after all she dont want windblown hair and as fast as she will be going with a x-force in her boat, her eyes would be watering!!! LOL. I wish more people would be creative too...we can statr a shurbine class...love it...thanks again, you have the best customer service and some great kits, look forward to doing lots of business with ZIPPKITS.com!!! i will have to build a stock bullitt just to calm down all the controversy on this thread!!!!!appreciate the good words!! thanks again. SHURBINE... Just sayin!!!
    ORIGINAL: Joe Petro

I love the turbine shovel! Turvel or shurbine?
    I honestly don't think anyone would protest that boat, but if they did, a simple cowling swap would shut them up.

I really like to see someone take something and run with it like Rick is doing with his Bullitt Thunderboat.
    Not only is it inspiring, it also oozes with American spirit and ingenuity.

Keep it up Rick!

Joe
    ParshallWoodworks If you can dream it I can build it
    Stony Pond Model Boat Club,Cdga.NY
    Sky Chiefs flying club Cdga.NY
    Rick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: bdog1

Rick : goggle U-62 Miss Thriftway Too for a cabover from the 60's
    Nice build !
    thanks bdog1... tom sent me a link to the thriftway too too... nice!!! kinda screwed up that sceme with the big turbine scoop... dont think they had that in the 60s...... just going with it... having fun
    Rick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Hydro Junkie

Illegal? Only if you're looking at the lack of a driver in the cockpit from what I was reading in the rules. There isn't anything that says the driver can't be under a canopy
    thanks... sounds like the same book i read!!!! and i have a driver just the cockpit is not finished yet... dont want Barbies hair to get dirty...LOL
    Rick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Canadian LoCo

ORIGINAL: Joe Petro

I love the turbine shovel! Turvel or shurbine?
    I honestly don't think anyone would protest that boat, but if they did, a simple cowling swap would shut them up.

I really like to see someone take something and run with it like Rick is doing with his Bullitt Thunderboat.
    Not only is it inspiring, it also oozes with American spirit and ingenuity.

Keep it up Rick!

Joe
    your right with what he's doing Joe it does looks great but like you said if
    someone does protest then the cowl swap would be the only thing he would have to do to be legal.
    keep up the good work Rick A+ in my book.

Luc
    THANKS LUC.... i just like to make waves....lol... knew when i started posting pics there would be some flak... but its my boat and dont care.... i have a couple riggers to race.... look forward to meeting you someday, thanks for the kind words AND info....
    Rick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey craig!!!!
    I stoopped by the pond today as i am working on freshour rd. had to check it out.... SWEEEEEEEEEET!!!! nice man!!! you are the man!!!! and did i say its SWEEEEET!!!! LOL... see you at lego robotics sat. out son and daughter are in seperate teams!! wow talk about busy... thanks again, keep up the good work... i am working on a few more new members.....
    Rick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rickyak55

*Hey craig!!!!*
    I stoopped by the pond today as i am working on freshour rd. had to check it out.... SWEEEEEEEEEET!!!! nice man!!! you are the man!!!! and did i say its SWEEEEET!!!! LOL... see you at lego robotics sat. out son and daughter are in seperate teams!! wow talk about busy... thanks again, keep up the good work... i am working on a few more new members.....[img][/img]
    Cool, see you Saturday.

New members, fantastic!

Craig Mapstone, IMPBA #20305S, Stony Pond Model Boat Club
    2012 D1 20 Hydro Champion

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

PICK PICK PICK...... i didnt really want a classic thunderboat to enter impba races and i knew the rules... thats why i put a non race legal x-force engine in it... i have a JAE RIGGER TO RACE.... i like to build and be creative and i like the shovel nose style and the modern look too... you have been following the posts from the start and must have known it is my fun boat.... next is a JAE .45.. that will be for the races... riggers go fast, thunderboats is class and style for me... like a vette... would never race a vette... and a afternoon swaping engine w/ a zenoah and slipping the stock cowl on will be raceable!!! best of both worlds... thanks for updating me with all the regs and stuff tho[img][/img]
    ORIGINAL: Billk44

OH BOY OBERTO flair???? a turbine powered shovel nosed sport hydro.....*
    I THINK SO!!!!!!! Any input????[X(][]....dam kids....LOL
    Nice build. However, in it's current state, it is not a legal Thunderboat.

This is the Thunderboat Registry on Jim's Boat Dock Thunderboat Registry. Pretty good examples of why they call them Classic Thunderboats.
    First of all, I was trying to be helpful not critical. Have fun.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Rick,

As one of the guys you will actually race against, I have no objection to your boat at all. We want to have some creativity with our boats so they all don't just look like RTR.

In fact, I would think you just have a neat air scoop for your supercharged MERLIN there, Unless you put a big old Turbine pipe out the back I don't see this as any issue per Rules.

We are all Big Boys playing with Little Toys!! Lets just have fun next year!!!
    Dick T

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

no, i am sorry bill, i was the one being too critical,should not have been too harsh to you,you werte just trying to help. advanced builder is right... too many rules and scrutinity in thunderboat class.... i just want to see how fast she will go and have fun,not make people mad at or dislike me.... sorry. hope you dont look at me as being a jerk at the races,we are all out to have fun!!!

PICK PICK PICK...... i didnt really want a classic thunderboat to enter impba races and i knew the rules... thats why i put a non race legal x-force engine in it... i have a JAE RIGGER TO RACE.... i like to build and be creative and i like the shovel nose style and the modern look too... you have been following the posts from the start and must have known it is my fun boat.... next is a JAE .45.. that will be for the races... riggers go fast, thunderboats is class and style for me... like a vette... would never race a vette... and a afternoon swaping engine w/ a zenoah and slipping the stock cowl on will be raceable!!! best of both worlds... thanks for updating me with all the regs and stuff tho[img][/img]

OH BOY OBERTO flair???? a turbine powered shovel nosed sport hydro.....
    I THINK SO!!!!!!! Any input????[X(][]....dam kids....LOL
    Nice build. However, in it's current state, it is not a legal Thunderboat.

This is the Thunderboat Registry on Jim's Boat Dock Thunderboat Registry. Pretty good examples of why they call them Classic Thunderboats.
    First of all, I was trying to be helpful not critical. Have fun.
    Rick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Proboat 772

Hey Rick,

As one of the guys you will actually race against, I have no objection to your boat at all. We want to have some creativity with our boats so they all don't just look like RTR.

In fact, I would think you just have a neat air scoop for your supercharged MERLIN there, Unless you put a big old Turbine pipe out the back I don't see this as any issue per Rules.

Dick T
    Thanks Dick,that means alot coming from you... you build some beautiful,clean running fast boats!!! if mine can run half as nice as yours i will feel like i acomplished somthing!!! i also plan on putting the exhaust stacks (dummies of corse) on the sides like a P-51 mustang to represent a merlin or allison.... i am pretty sure that when shovels were running there were no turbines accept maby a jet airliner.... just needed a way to cool things off inside seeing as tho i blocked the stock bullitt "grille"in front... and i agree on the RTR ..... blaaah!!
    Rick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Proboat 772

Hey Rick,

Dick T
    Thanks Dick,that means alot coming from you... you build some beautiful,clean running fast boats!!! if mine can run half as nice as yours i will feel like i acomplished somthing!!! i also plan on putting the exhaust stacks (dummies of corse) on the sides like a P-51 mustang to represent a merlin or allison.... i am pretty sure that when shovels were running there were no turbines accept maby a jet airliner.... just needed a way to cool things off inside seeing as tho i blocked the stock bullitt ''grille''in front... and i agree on the RTR ..... blaaah!!
    Rick,
    Your boat will run fine. Set up is everything and you will have a lot of us T Boat guys willing to help you getting it to run as good as possible.. Keep up the good work!
    Dick T

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Can I throw an alternative to the top scoop out? If you look closely at the Thriftway II, it had semiflat scoops on both sides of the cowl rather than on the top. That would make it more "era appropriate" than the turbine style scoop does.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Rick,
    No issues here bro. The 2013 schedule is being worked on now and looks promising for all. Should be a fun season with a lot of competition. Gotta stick to my rule of only running three classes.
    Bill

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The south side is done now.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Were making ice at night. over at my side of town. How about a ice racer hull ,I think Dumas had them http://www.dumasproducts.com/product...roducts_id=193
    Stoney Pond Model Boat Club, Canandaigua, NY
    International racer
    http://neilsrcsite.shutterfly.com/

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here's a vid of Neal and Bob working on the island today at Stony Pond - also shows the extent of the pond modifications done.  Water level is down approx 4-6 ft from normal summer levels.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz4I_fPgMCg&feature=g-upl[/youtube]

T&C
    Tom Driver
    IMPBA #6425
    It\'\'s not how fast you go, it\'\'s how you go fast.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nice it's looking great I see that little beaver working hard he looks just at home
    like on a beaver dam keep it up guys wont take long and spring will be here[8D]

Thanks for the vid T&C
    Ottawa Valley Racers MPBC Admin
    IMPBA D1 Director 2012/2013/2014

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here's another vid of the first tree stump being removed from the island.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rrww1-FM1LY&feature=g-upl[/youtube]
    Tom Driver
    IMPBA #6425

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Canadian LoCo

Nice it's looking great I see that little beaver working hard he looks just at home
    like on a beaver dam keep it up guys wont take long and spring will be here[8D]

Thanks for the vid T&C
    WE STILL NEED TO GO BACK ,with help ,this Wednesday and black Friday anyone???
    Stoney Pond Model Boat Club, Canandaigua, NY
    International racer
    http://neilsrcsite.shutterfly.com/

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

We got a bunch of stumps off the island and onto the shore. I thought for sure one would come loose once under water, but Neil brought a cable that worked perfect. That first stump was important to remove as it was right where lane 1 is going.

Friday will be another work day. The weather should be fine. Wednsday will be a work day as well assuming I can get off of work. I'll keep you posted.

Once a layer of ice forms, no more island digging. If we're not done, the front chute will be narrower than we would like. At this point we could have a front chute width of 70 feet. I'd like a 80 foot wide front chute. Maybe even a little more.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: gassertom

Good work Neil,Bob and Craig!!!!! thanks for the great gob you guys are doing, I was thinking about the work there as i was wrenchin under our sons hood.....would have much rather been there gettin muddy with you guys than greasey workin on car but brett needs his car to get back and forth from Alfred this week when his sister cassie is having back surgery...(poor little girl) the surgery is on tuesday and wed is a possibility to work on island,black friday sounds perfect!!!! thanks for the vid tom and cindy!!! And thanks for the awesome site to race and play Craig....
    Rick

Rick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Good work Neil,Bob and Craig!!!!! thanks for the great gob you guys are doing, I was thinking about the work there as i was wrenchin under our sons hood.....[img][/img]*would have much rather been there gettin muddy with you guys than greasey workin on car but brett needs his car to get back and forth from Alfred this week when his sister cassie is having back surgery...[img][/img](poor little girl) the surgery is on tuesday and wed is a possibility to work on island,black friday sounds perfect!!!! thanks for the vid tom and cindy!!! And thanks for the awesome site to race and play Craig....
    Rick

Rick, Our thoughts and prayers are with Cassie.

Man that Lego robotics was boring..... Maybe it was just me....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm taking Wednesday off, so the Wednesday dig is on!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Blackout

Good work Neil,Bob and Craig!!!!! thanks for the great gob you guys are doing, I was thinking about the work there as i was wrenchin under our sons hood.....[img][/img]would have much rather been there gettin muddy with you guys than greasey workin on car but brett needs his car to get back and forth from Alfred this week when his sister cassie is having back surgery...[img][/img](poor little girl) the surgery is on tuesday and wed is a possibility to work on island,black friday sounds perfect!!!! thanks for the vid tom and cindy!!! And thanks for the awesome site to race and play Craig....
    Rick
    LOL!!! YUP CRAIG,I AGREE on the boring....maby if they threw 30' roostertails,were a bit faster or smokey it would be more exciting......... hmmmmmm. Thanks for the prayers and thoughts about cassie.... have to be at strong at 6am....ugh
    Rick, Our thoughts and prayers are with Cassie.

Man that Lego robotics was boring..... Maybe it was just me....
    Rick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Rick - will be thinking of you tomorrow - let us know how your daughter makes out.
    T&C
    Tom Driver
    IMPBA #6425