Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 126 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 4043

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

ORIGINAL: engineman351

I get away with a lot on our anniversary...but for a model boat race, I think I would be visiting a lawyer on Monday!! Rick, good luck with your anniversary...and I hope your daughter continues to do well after the surgery. RC
    LOL........ ME TOO Roger..me too...Luckily Sarah is an awesome wife and might not just kill me...might even be convinced to show up.....Thanks she(Cassie) is doing well and aprecietes the well wishes from everyone!!!she is getting a bit antsy tho, being restricted to lifting,twisting etc. etc. but she is a good girl and doing as the Drs. ordered...Toms thunderboat is about ready to switch drydocks.... did i hear you wanted some carbon scoops like i made for the Bullitts???
    look me up on photobucket for full build pics...
    Thanks again,Rick

ParshallWoodworks If you can dream it I can build it
    Stony Pond Model Boat Club,Cdga.NY
    Sky Chiefs flying club Cdga.NY
    Rick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Blackout

I cleaned up the 2013 schedule a little on our website and added the ''Big'' race. This race is TBA because we could use this time slot for the 2013 D1 Championship Race if our club is picked to host the event. It's a random draw like last year was. The ''Big'' race is the race that we use to attract outsiders from Canada and other states. Stony Pond is big enough now and I am confident that we can take on a ''Big'' race. Mark August 10, 11 on your calender. More details will follow.

www.stonypond.net
    I like the big race date ,should help our club and take our club to a bigger market. Stony pond is moving up. Good Job all bring it on. BIG TIME
    Stoney Pond Model Boat Club, Canandaigua, NY
    International racer
    http://neilsrcsite.shutterfly.com/

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Rick...on the scoops...I'd like one over the carb on my AM Thunderboat, as I have the adjustment screws sticking up slightly through the cowl for clearance. However, since my cowl is yellow gel coat I think I'd like to cut a hole and stick the scoop up from the bottom through the hole and glass it in from underneath. When you make them is there enough material for a lip or flange around the bottom that I can glass over? I guess if I cut the hole close around the scoop, I could just lay some light cloth around the flush edges of the scoop and cowl and that would work fine. Roger

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Rick you can invite the wife to a RC boat race. for a anniversary gift.
    International racer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Rick...on the scoops...I'd like one over the carb on my AM Thunderboat, as I have the adjustment screws sticking up slightly through the cowl for clearance. However, since my cowl is yellow gel coat I think I'd like to cut a hole and stick the scoop up from the bottom through the hole and glass it in from underneath. When you make them is there enough material for a lip or flange around the bottom that I can glass over? I guess if I cut the hole close around the scoop, I could just lay some light cloth around the flush edges of the scoop and cowl and that would work fine. Roger
    Roger, The mould for the scoops i made are 1 3/4 wide,2 3/4 long and 3/4" high... it would be no problem putting a flange on bottom,do those dimensions fit your aplication??? if so i will make however many you want... if you would like it bigger or taller or smaller send me your size and i will fit your needs... running low on carbon fiber cloth is fiberglass cloth alone ok? i can just add a extra layer as the ones i made are one base layer of heavy c/f cloth then one layer of heavy fiberglass cloth then a layer of 1.5oz thin finish fiberglass cloth... made up with epoxy and finished with finish resin.. let me know..
    Rick
    P.S.photobucket username is parshallwoodworks just like my e-mail...

Rick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Rick, I think the size is fine. If you need to use regular cloth instead of CF...I can just paint it black or silver. If it was CF I'd just leave it that way. PS...no rush! Thanks, RC

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Rick, I think the size is fine. If you need to use regular cloth instead of CF...I can just paint it black or silver. If it was CF I'd just leave it that way. PS...no rush! Thanks, RC
    ok Roger.. will make you one and send it with tom along with right angle drillBTW.. thanks, it worked well!!! will be purchasing a smaller one for engine mounts for future use!! He should be able to take his new toy home soon... maby this weekend!!..
    Rick

Rick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

As many of you know we have back to back races at Stony Pond in August. This was not done on purpose, it just worked out that way. To promote both races we are going to try something new. If you attend our "big" race which is still TBA, you can race up to three boats for completely free at the NY Series race on the following weekend. There will be open water all week long between the two weekend races. The open water is for any Stony Pond club members and for any racers that attended the "big" race. Trailers, campers, and RV's can be kept at Stony Pond all week long. Overnight camping will also be allowed all week long. There will be a location to dump grey tanks. No black tank dumping. Fresh water holding tanks can be refilled for $3.00.

Racers will be able to leave their trailers and campers on site during the week and then hitch a ride home and then back again with a friend for the next race. Should be a good way to save gas money.

Even though entry fee revenue could be less, if turnout ends up larger, we could actually bring in more money through concessions and the raffle.... Either way, the goal is to promote rc boat racing in D1.
    Craig Mapstone, IMPBA #20305S, Stony Pond Model Boat Club
    2012 D1 20 Hydro Champion

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

As many of you know we have back to back races at Stony Pond in August. This was not done on purpose, it just worked out that way. To promote both races we are going to try something new. If you attend our ''big'' race which is still TBA, you can race up to three boats for completely free at the NY Series race on the following weekend. There will be open water all week long between the two weekend races. The open water is for any Stony Pond club members and for any racers that attended the ''big'' race. Trailers, campers, and RV's can be kept at Stony Pond all week long. Overnight camping will also be allowed all week long. There will be a location to dump grey tanks. No black tank dumping. Fresh water holding tanks can be refilled for $3.00.

Racers will be able to leave their trailers and campers on site during the week and then hitch a ride home and then back again with a friend for the next race. Should be a good way to save gas money.

Even though entry fee revenue could be less, if turnout ends up larger, we could actually bring in more money through concessions and the raffle.... Either way, the goal is to promote rc boat racing in D1.
    Concessions are a great idea. Any idea what type or is it too early? Food would be great.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Billk44

As many of you know we have back to back races at Stony Pond in August. This was not done on purpose, it just worked out that way. To promote both races we are going to try something new. If you attend our ''big'' race which is still TBA, you can race up to three boats for completely free at the NY Series race on the following weekend. There will be open water all week long between the two weekend races. The open water is for any Stony Pond club members and for any racers that attended the ''big'' race. Trailers, campers, and RV's can be kept at Stony Pond all week long. Overnight camping will also be allowed all week long. There will be a location to dump grey tanks. No black tank dumping. Fresh water holding tanks can be refilled for $3.00.

Concessions are a great idea. Any idea what type or is it too early? Food would be great.
    Bob S. is in charge of concessions. Thanks Bob! He and his family will be grilling food and such. If we offer good tasting food, we can make a bunch of money for the club!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Bob S. is in charge of concessions. Thanks Bob! He and his family will be grilling food and such. If we offer good tasting food, we can make a bunch of money for the club!
    Great idea... what about vendors??? at our R/C Airplane meets there are usually a few vendors selling stuff...a friend loves to attend r/c meets and sells airplanes,boats,parts, radio stuff etc.. mostly used but in good condition. and great customer service,he stands by his product.. just an idea, also have had shirt and sweater and hat people for vendors... we usually have a "swap meet"incorperaterd... helps interested new comers get bit by the fever...let me know what you think and i will make some contacts....Another thing we do is get donations from hobby shops and businesses to raffle off... might be able to get a rtr or kit or somthing for promotion!!! and i wonder about fliers for public involvment.. i would be happy to stick them around so people know we are in business... my dad was huge on promotion of R/C and i think it is a good idea... the more stuff to keep people occupied,the longer they hang out and spend money!!
    Rick

Rick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes, at our "big" race we will try to get stuff donated from manufacturers to raffle off to raise money.

I rarely buy raffle tickets, so I'm not in the know. Are items raffled off individually, or as a whole? Sometimes I hear about a nitro guy winning a gas part so he gives it to someone else. I wonder how hard it would be to raffle off individual items, or maybe a group of items.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes, at our ''big'' race we will try to get stuff donated from manufacturers to raffle off to raise money.

I rarely buy raffle tickets, so I'm not in the know. Are items raffled off individually, or as a whole? Sometimes I hear about a nitro guy winning a gas part so he gives it to someone else. I wonder how hard it would be to raffle off individual items, or maybe a group of items.
    Basically what you can do is sell raffle tickets outlining what is going to be raffled. Then you can draw tickets for each item. Everyone has the same chance. We just did it at my Sportsmen Club. There were 20 items being raffled off. You can draw them periodically throughout the event or wait until the end. Kind of keeps folks attention if you space them out.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

After winning big at the raffles in London ,I was a happy boater. My hulls never did a thing in Canada ,I felt like a winner just the same. no Powerball winner
    International racer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes, at our ''big'' race we will try to get stuff donated from manufacturers to raffle off to raise money.

Basically what you can do is sell raffle tickets outlining what is going to be raffled. Then you can draw tickets for each item. Everyone has the same chance. We just did it at my Sportsmen Club. There were 20 items being raffled off. You can draw them periodically throughout the event or wait until the end. Kind of keeps folks attention if you space them out.
    Yes what bill said!! we just buy a few different colored rolls of tickets and do individual raffles.. that way they buy ticket for somthing they want... it has kept me at airshows till the very end just hoping to win somthing.... 50/50 tics is an idea if there is a crowd...
    Rick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey guys what we do @ Ottawa Valley is we sell raffle tickets on Sat and Sun..
    what we also do is you give out the smaller prizes on Sat.. then you give out the bigger ones on Sunday
    the thing is that if they did not win anything on Sat there tickets are still valid for Sunday for the big prizes.

now the reason for selling more tickets on Sunday is that some may run out of tickets since they have one the smaller prizes from the Sat.. draws
    ok now your best time to do this is at about 2pm each day since you may have spectators that buy some as well.
    what we do is see how many small prizes then draw for that amount of tickets and vice versa for the big prizes the next day.

as well to get more funds is the good old 50/50 draws one each day and draw it at about the same time as for you raffle.

I hope this helps
    Luc
    Ottawa Valley Racers MPBC Admin
    IMPBA D1 Director 2012/2013/2014

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Rick if Cassy is up to it she can be our ticket girl,If she wants too that is. We need someone. We will have Michelle Thomas helping out the CD crew. Randell her dad is A IMPBA Hall of Fame member, We will have a cake /ice cream for Randell. congratulations Randell.
    International racer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: advanced builder

Rick if Cassy is up to it she can be our ticket girl,If she wants too that is. We need someone. We will have Michelle Thomas helping out the CD crew. Randell her dad is A IMPBA Hall of Fame member, We will have a cake /ice cream for Randell. congratulations Randell.
    lol... i might not get her to slow down enough to do it neil..... last fun fly our youngest zach had a blast helping sell 50/50s with me.. he is cute and sold more than i did alone!!!!.. no one can resist the little ones!!!our two boys would be interested in the boats but cassie will be 16....... who knows!! and felicia would be more interested in catching frogs... wife allways liked boats more than the planes,might be able to get her there but the 10th is our aniversary....maby if i promise her somthing special that night she would come hang out......she knows i want to race soooooo.....???
    Rick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mr luc White
    I sure know how to suck up.
    International racer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I like it the Bobbsey twins [8D][8D]

That's to bad that was a nice site for racing it's a great Pic.
    Ottawa Valley Racers MPBC Admin
    IMPBA D1 Director 2012/2013/2014

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Blackout :The pond looks great !
    I had not planned on starting back into boats untill next spring but the spots of warm weather have allow me to dust off some old equiptment and enjoy the smelll of nitro on the water again.
    As I posted earlier I am planning to build some new hulls [ThunderBoat,jae.45.jae.12] but would also like to use some of my older stuff if possible and shore up some of the marginal classes at the same time
    I have a OB rigger that I could bring out ,as things stand without 2 or more other OB riggers to make a seperate class ,
    would it be placed in .21hydro or OB tunnel ?
    bd

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Bd I like that the .45 JAE rigger is coming on strong for next season. Go look at the Rick post on the IW as to build help . the short kit is no instructions. But if your doing a .21 ob then the same kinda. The stress on the right sponson needs to be reinforced. The brass will pull out of the sponson. Shaft and all. Hardwood blocks inside the sponson is mandatory. The boom tubes should be screwed into the tub. The boom-tube clamp will slide. Look how Gil address the issues. pic 25 http://www.grsboats.com.br/?p=5319
    The left sponson is along for the ride no reinforcing needed.
    The OB JAE rigger will keep up with the inboards. It's not a tunnel 3 ridding surfaces. ,but I'm not sure. not to fair in a tunnel class.
    I may have 2 Picco P45 engines ,If T&C buy a new engine. they will be totally rebuilt. I will test it in my .45 rigger for sale
    here it the new water jacket from American boats
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ol31680.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	1825642  
    International racer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Mike, a .21 O/B rigger will go in .21 hydro .

Tom, take a look at a new OPS .45 if you are interested. It comes with header and pipe. Pretty good deal for $389 with pipe and header. It will work good in a JAE as that hull does not need max HP.

www.gotnitro.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey AB -I have been following all the threads on the JAE's, you have built ALOT of boats in the past 2 years ! Thank you for the time you must put in on RCU and other places to share and help others...writing is not my gift,my nose is getting sore just typing this little reply .
    I have a old EL Diablo with a K+B that runs ok but is not anywhere near the New Jae OB, boy do they haul !

Thanks Craig -thats what I thought

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: bdog1

Hey AB -I have been following all the threads on the JAE's, you have built ALOT of boats in the past 2 years ! Thank you for the time you must put in on RCU and other places to share and help others...writing is not my gift,my nose is getting sore just typing this little reply .
    I have a old EL Diablo with a K+B that runs ok but is not anywhere near the New Jae OB, boy do they haul !

Thanks Craig -thats what I thought
    I was a 2 finger type-er for many years, thank god for spell checker. We have more that one guy that's rusty & haven't driven in many years. We will find time for the old newbie drivers. This last season was my best driving wise,but I did put my time practicing . 5 years back at the hobby. You don't want to know how many boom tubes I've been threw.
    International racer