Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Central NEW YORK boaters

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Central NEW YORK boaters

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 12:45 PM
parshallboatworks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

ORIGINAL: Blackout

Hi Mike, a .21 O/B rigger will go in .21 hydro .

Tom, take a look at a new OPS .45 if you are interested. It comes with header and pipe. Pretty good deal for $389 with pipe and header. It will work good in a JAE as that hull does not need max HP.

www.gotnitro.com

I have that engine pipe combo B/N in box i got from that website... looks nice.. will have it in a new JAE45 this winter unless i sell it for thunderboat hardware combo.... any one interested????
Old 12-02-2012, 01:05 PM
parshallboatworks

Bullitt thunder boat went to new home today,all done on my part... ready for paint work and running gear... ENJOY!!!! Thanks Joe Petro and ZIPPKITS... nice build... now i have KLASS KOTE on way for mine and need to barter, steal,sell, or trade to get the ultimate hardware combo for my thunderboat....did i hear mention of a OPS .45 and pipe combo???? will wheel and deal...
Happy customer??!!?? i think so!!!
RICK
Old 12-02-2012, 04:57 PM
advanced builder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That smile says it all. Keep it up.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:48 PM
Joe Petro
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Rick... Why don't you find me a nice pattern plane to trade for some hardware?
I really need a pre-turnaround ship! Something from the 70's would be fine...

As for the raffle prizes, you could get a manufacturer to sell you a kit, engine and hardware for cost, and have Rick build it and paint it then raffle it off as a custom RTR.
You would make a lot more money than buying a $900 RTR gas boat.

I may know just the person to talk to about this.........

We will fully support Stony Pond in any way we can. A swap shop is an EXCELLENT IDEA for the big race. Make it for all R/C (boats, aircraft, cars) and promote it.
I do a lot of promotion for other clubs (and Zipp) so let me know if I can help.

Joe
Old 12-02-2012, 05:50 PM
parshallboatworks

Hi guys... i have a HItec hs-225mg mighty mini brand new, is that good enough for the throttle on my BULLITT??? Or do i want a standard servo??
Old 12-02-2012, 06:04 PM
Joe Petro

Use a standard servo.

Joe
Old 12-02-2012, 06:09 PM
Joe Petro

We are working on new sponson pins for all of our JAE boats.
These will be optional as the kits will still include the brass tubes.

These T-6 aluminum pins are hollow to accept the boom tubes and get glued into the sponson.
The small head prevents them from being pulled out and there is no need to "pin" the boom tubes.
The head is solid so it will add some bling as well.

Coming soon...

Joe

(not letting me upload image- 500 error...)
Old 12-02-2012, 06:13 PM
Joe Petro

Old 12-02-2012, 06:31 PM
advanced builder

Your out of toilet paper Joe. I also met a old friend from Fla ,Dave Berry ,he said to say hello.
Any work on the sweatshirts?
Old 12-02-2012, 06:45 PM
parshallboatworks

ORIGINAL: Joe Petro

Use a standard servo.

Joe
Thanks Joe!!.. as for the pattern plane, still waiting for him to awnser me, i will text him now... I have a brand new OPS.45 and pipe that i am willing to sell so i can get the hardware combo... Bullitt ready for paint and hardware.. want to get it in the water, seeing these nice days we have had, itchin to run.. or at least paddle the retriever boat to get em!! LOL... Any one interested in OPS .45 message me got it from gotnitro.com mid summer thinking rigger was a .45... its a .21...... oops it is still in box with b/n pipe to match,glow plug and carb etc. etc. thanks.. hey roger, tom has the scoop for you, used carbon fiber and put flange around bottom, hope it will work for you...thanks everyone!!!
RICK
Old 12-02-2012, 09:24 PM
parshallboatworks

ORIGINAL: advanced builder

That smile says it all. Keep it up.
speaking of good work, this entertainment ctr.was built by me 15 yrs ago and is in very nice cond. up for grabs... made of oak and is large and very heavy.... i will guarantee it will NOT TIP OVER on any ones kid.. the JVC monitor can probably go with it.... in bristol area, come get it it needs a good home!!!!
thanks,Rick...
happy holidayswill stick to hobby stuff now...
P.S.send e-mail,message or just reply,its gotta go,hate to get rid of it but to a good home its free
Old 12-03-2012, 05:01 AM
Billk44

ORIGINAL: Joe Petro

We are working on new sponson pins for all of our JAE boats.
These will be optional as the kits will still include the brass tubes.

These T-6 aluminum pins are hollow to accept the boom tubes and get glued into the sponson.
The small head prevents them from being pulled out and there is no need to ''pin'' the boom tubes.
The head is solid so it will add some bling as well.

Coming soon...

Joe

(not letting me upload image- 500 error...)
Good upgrade mod Joe. A slight change early saves a lot of work later.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:27 AM
klinker19

ORIGINAL: rickyak55

Bullitt thunder boat went to new home today,all done on my part... ready for paint work and running gear... ENJOY!!!! Thanks Joe Petro and ZIPPKITS... nice build... Happy customer??!!?? i think so!!!
RICK
Heck yeah, Happy Customer!!!

Thank You RICKfor an absolutely awesome hull. The pictures here don't do it justice, the compound curves on the deck are so smooth, everything on the bottomis so square and flat. Itliterally only needs 2 spots of putty on the whole boat. This is the work of a Master Builder!

Rick was in touch with me on every step of the build, LOL I checked my text message tally for the last few months Rick=220 Wife=147.I'm totally blown away, I didn't know what to expect when Ihanded over the kits to a guy Ibarely knew 3 months ago- I just figured if he had "Parshall Woodworks" on theside of his van then a wooden boat kit should be right up in his wheelhouse...

So for two kits from Joe andsome supplies to build them I still came in well under the cost of a fiberglass hull,AND I will haveanother boatto run with next year,AND I made a new friend. Good Deal, Zippkits!!!

Wood is Good!

TC
Old 12-03-2012, 08:52 AM
parshallboatworks

ORIGINAL: klinker19

ORIGINAL: rickyak55

Bullitt thunder boat went to new home today,all done on my part... ready for paint work and running gear... ENJOY!!!! Thanks Joe Petro and ZIPPKITS... nice build... Happy customer??!!?? i think so!!!
RICK
Heck yeah, Happy Customer!!!

Thank You RICKfor an absolutely awesome hull. The pictures here don't do it justice, the compound curves on the deck are so smooth, everything on the bottomis so square and flat. Itliterally only needs 2 spots of putty on the whole boat. This is the work of a Master Builder!

Rick was in touch with me on every step of the build, LOL I checked my text message tally for the last few months Rick=220 Wife=147.I'm totally blown away, I didn't know what to expect when Ihanded over the kits to a guy Ibarely knew 3 months ago- I just figured if he had "Parshall Woodworks" on theside of his van then a wooden boat kit should be right up in his wheelhouse...

So for two kits from Joe andsome supplies to build them I still came in well under the cost of a fiberglass hull,AND I will haveanother boatto run with next year,AND I made a new friend. Good Deal, Zippkits!!!

Wood is Good!

TC
Thanks Tom for the kind words!!!Was nice getting to know you this summer and sorry for so many texts!! LOL..been nice to get involved with a bunch of boaters who like "fast, loud, smokey, wave making,roostertail shooting people!!! after so many years of being shunned by the put put guys, i gave up thinking there were no speed freaks like me!! what a blessing to be able to hang with all of you from stoney pond!! i feel like i actually belong!!! and this summer i will hopefully get to hang with some of the ones i havent met yet and enjoy some water time!!! thanks again...
RICK,and wood is good, my motto"if you can dream it,i can build it!!"

Old 12-03-2012, 01:51 PM
advanced builder

Here is the .45 in action wait till the end ,when the engine warms up. http://youtu.be/nvyFYLMQ97k
Old 12-03-2012, 03:17 PM
Joe Petro

Update:

Zipp sweatshirts on the way here.

New glass cowling for the JAE 12.

New JAE 45 Twin engine mounts.

See zippkits dot com for details...

Joe
Old 12-04-2012, 10:38 AM
advanced builder

Any one running today? How does the pond look Craig. is the old island covered yet.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:56 AM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: advanced builder

Any one running today? How does the pond look Craig. is the old island covered yet.
LOL, not yet. It is nice weather today! The pond level is pretty much the same.

Old 12-04-2012, 01:38 PM
advanced builder

Never mind the sun has gone down. That ole spring has a lot of water to pump up yet. I did get the last outside work done. The last 2 table legs have been painted.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:23 PM
gassertom

To All,
We posted awhile back on IW the following regarding Stony Pond, and are re-posting in on RCU realizing that some that utilize this forum may not have seen it on  IW:

Quote:
The updates that are being done to Stony Pond will make this a premier race site.  Have watched the progress this week of the mods and we are both excited about the races to be held there next year and in the years to come. 
Unquote

Being in this hobby for many years we realize how hard it is to find good water and a willing land owner (one example the loss to the Thames Valley Model Boat Club of their pond in London, Ontario) to let us enjoy freely our toy boats.  Just wanted to thank Craig for the use of his pond along with his personal effort and own $'s that he has invested into it.  Also thanks to all you "able bodied men" who helped with the removal of that nasty island!

T&C
Old 12-05-2012, 05:58 AM
advanced builder

wood is good some of my hulls from last years winter builds
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22820.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	1826904  
Old 12-05-2012, 03:22 PM
gassertom

To All Stony Pond Club Members:
Been in contact with Craig and we have discussed having a club meeting to go over plans for the 2013 season.  How does Sunday, Jan 6th at 11:00 am till  (??) sound?  Plan is to have it at our house in Henrietta (which is approx 5 minutes from exit 46 on the thruway).  If you are interested and plan on coming, please pm your e-mail address and I will send out a group message to all on details.  
Cindy
Old 12-05-2012, 05:10 PM
Joe Petro

My calendar is marked!

Joe
Old 12-05-2012, 06:21 PM
advanced builder

I will come T&C sounds good.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:51 AM
parshallboatworks

Sorry guys.. I was just so informed that i will NOT be going to the meeting.I want to attend but we have wifes family christmas party sunday... thought i could sneak up and be back for it in time but aparently she knows how "the gift of gab"works... maby if it was closer.. hope to be informed on how things go.. I can however be counted in on pre race setup and help however needed for events at Stoney Pond also would like to input on some fliers for races and will post them around the cdga.-bloomfield-farmington-maby victor area and can get them to performance hobbys in webster.... should post a thread on IW as well and maby craigslist??? MAN 70 deg. one day...20 deg the next..Gotta love N.Y.!!??!! please keep me posted

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.