Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Central NEW YORK boaters

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Central NEW YORK boaters

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 01:12 PM
parshallboatworks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

Oh what a difference a day can make...

I think i LIKE this KLASS KOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!... Three coats of red... next is trim color...stuff laid out nice!!!
big pic of cowl,only 2 coats...now i have to CLEAN THE GUN....LOL
Rick

Old 12-11-2012, 01:32 PM
Blackout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: tdrock357

Hey guy`s
Thnks for the info ,did`nt know,learning all the time.So one of Gizmomotors 26.4 pro race mod`s would be enough.
Yes, a mod 26cc is plenty. A stock 26cc engine would be good for an easy 50mph. The big blocks just are not much faster than the small blocks.

The key to speed in boats is props and setup. Sometimes the motor is not so important....
Old 12-11-2012, 01:34 PM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: rickyak55

[img][/img]I think i LIKE this KLASS KOTE!!!!!!!!!!!![img][/img]... Three coats of red... next is trim color...[img][/img] stuff laid out nice!!!
Rick

The boy has skills! [8D]

Not only can Parshall Boatworks build you a wood boat, but he can paint it too!
Old 12-11-2012, 02:11 PM
parshallboatworks

ORIGINAL: Blackout

[img][/img]I think i LIKE this KLASS KOTE!!!!!!!!!!!![img][/img]... Three coats of red... next is trim color...[img][/img]stuff laid out nice!!!
Rick

you bet i can.... 10 yrs of autobody work will do it to ya!!This KLASS KOTE is AWESOME!! it looks better after a couple hrs than it did fresh!!! I AM SOLD!!! thanks craig...."PARSHALL BOATWORKS AND STUFF"LOL

The boy has skills! [8D]

Not only can Parshall Boatworks build you a wood boat, but he can paint it too!
Old 12-11-2012, 03:46 PM
parshallboatworks

if any one is interested,look up my gallery on IW.. Richard H Parshall jr. or search parshallwoodworks on photobucket......
Anyone interested in having somthing built,message me... I have a couple jobs lined up (ahem,cough cough) right now.. but will make the time...... just sayin!!
Rick
Old 12-11-2012, 06:33 PM
Proboat 772

Rick,

For what it's worth, KlassKote does not respond well to color sand and buff like catalized automotive paint does. I use this paint on my boats and just leave them as sprayed. The paint continues to harden for a week or so after aplication... Your paint job looks very nice - look forward to running with you next year..

Dick
Old 12-11-2012, 07:11 PM
Joe Petro
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I look forward to running into you...Both!

Joe
Old 12-11-2012, 07:17 PM
parshallboatworks

ORIGINAL: Proboat 772

Rick,

For what it's worth, KlassKote does not respond well to color sand and buff like catalized automotive paint does. I use this paint on my boats and just leave them as sprayed. The paint continues to harden for a week or so after aplication... Your paint job looks very nice - look forward to running with you next year..

Dick
Thanks Dick... I only plan on doing some trim stripes etc. and i painted it verticaly so less chance of dust in wet paint.. worked well.. hardly any dust and not enough to worry about sanding and polishing... My hardware will hopefully be here this week and maby if it warms up a bit i might have to go to Bristol Mtn. and invite GM Dan Fuller to come see it run!! I look forward to up coming season also, had fun hanging out with you and rick(right name?)i wish i had more dad time before he passed but i had my head up my butt for too many years...lol.. its cool to have some father son racers in club hope you guys enjoy the times you get to spend together.. I plan to get my boys out with us at pond so we can play together.... thanks for the kind words,means a lot coming from you as you are a exellent builder and your boats run clean and fast!! I will be looking for some set up hints from you and the other pros from Stoney Pond Boat Club this spring(or maby sooner!!)
Rick

Old 12-11-2012, 07:22 PM
parshallboatworks

ORIGINAL: Joe Petro

Joe
INTO us both...LOL...You better come up with a patented ZIPPKITS metal brush-bumper guard for the front of the BARBIE boat Joe!!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 07:42 PM
advanced builder

LOOKING GOOD Rick I have a 1/8 scale Miller America built with no paint ,FREE if anyone wants it. I will never finish her. I also have the decals.
1/8 scale was big -no more ,Ottawa has a class for the old hull. My Atlas Van Lines is a shelf Queen
I got bearing for the P45 engine ,waiting on a new crank. the rebuilt engines will be ready by the weekend.
The 45 twin build is on hold I got a 45 Vee hull that is setting getting dusty. I better work on that hull. I have all the hardware. I got way too many hulls to run now.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink
Old 12-12-2012, 07:59 AM
engineman351

Neil...If no one else chimes up on the Miller...I'll take it. I'd like to do one 'sport style paint' with that Castle Baja B5 soup can motor on 22 volts. Roger
Old 12-12-2012, 08:01 AM
advanced builder

I will post some pics
Old 12-12-2012, 08:29 AM
parshallboatworks

thanks Neil... came out pretty good.. hope to have hardware this week and if its nice out will have to go run er...LOL.. DARN INPATIENT KIDS...LOL..Looks like Roger gets dibs on sport hydro, I want to build a scale sport hydro...gasser... somthing different maby,dont know. Looks like I might be pretty busy this building season have some stuff coming up,might not have time to do my own stuff.. but thats ok as it will keep me out of trouble!!! "gonna drive to drinkin,if ya dont stop drivin that hot rod hydro".... lol.. ad lib..will have to get myself a JAE.45 done as it looks to be an exciting class this year!!!STONEY POND has come ALIVE!!!
Old 12-12-2012, 11:36 AM
advanced builder

It's not a sport hydro ,It's a .67 nitro hull. You want one like this for a sport hydro gas http://www.blazermarine.com/index.ph...uct_detail&p=2
Old 12-12-2012, 11:42 AM
parshallboatworks

ORIGINAL: advanced builder

It's not a sport hydro ,It's a .67 nitro hull. You want one like this for a sport hydro gas http://www.blazermarine.com/index.ph...uct_detail&p=2
I think I have just the engine for that...???
Old 12-12-2012, 12:27 PM
Blackout

I think I have just the engine for that...[img][/img]???
And you have a motor for one of these....

http://www.blazermarine.com/index.ph...ct_detail&p=99
Old 12-12-2012, 12:52 PM
parshallboatworks

I think I have just the engine for that...[img][/img]???
And you have a motor for one of these....

http://www.blazermarine.com/index.ph...ct_detail&p=99
i do have a engine for that... but hopefully have a JAE.45 coming... also due to lack of work,I am broke as an egg yolk.. and with christmas so soon wife will kill me if i bought the sport 40.. nice tho... i like the sport hydro idea.. I have a nice PICCO.67 and pipe that needs a home.. right neil??boy what a nitro sucker that must be....wife says i need to get some paying jobs luckily one came my way today.. parshallboatworks open for business!!!
Old 12-12-2012, 12:53 PM
parshallboatworks

aarg.. dumb computer
Old 12-12-2012, 02:57 PM
Proboat 772

ORIGINAL: Joe Petro

Joe
16# Barbie vs 18.75# Southern Comfort - NO CONTEST!

Dick
Old 12-12-2012, 04:01 PM
advanced builder

Yes Dick is just waiting drooling. His hull can never been counted out. Ric does the blocking Ric will have his hands full in gas sport hydro. I got a whip in waiting M&D driven. Bob will have a new hull as well. His old sport hydro went down the last heat of the season. He picked up a whip from Big Mike. Why not give it away as a prize at the big race If you want it Roger sure

Old 12-13-2012, 08:16 AM
engineman351

Neil...If you make it to Cindy & Tom's 1/6 meeting...I can pick up the hull there. Rick will have first dibs if I change my mind on messing with another hull. Thanks, Roger
Old 12-13-2012, 08:37 AM
Blackout

I have rooms blocked off for all our races at the Canandaigua Super 8 with a reduced rate. All the races are $80 per night, except the August 10-11 race, which is $120 per night because the PGA is in town at the Oak Hill Country Club. Mention "Stony Pond" so you can get the reduced rates and make your reservations early. Below are the details. This hotel is 3 miles from Stony Pond.

Super 8 - Canandaigua, NY
4450 Eastern Blvd., off of 5&20
585-396-7224
[email protected]
www.super8.com

Stony Pond is RV and tent camping friendly. There are no camping or generator restrictions. There is RV fresh water tank refilling available for $3.00 and free grey water dumping. If you have a friend with an RV, pitch a tent and use their shower in the morning.

Other hotels will be added on the website as I find them, but the Super 8 is the closest, cleanest, and cheapest. There is a new Holiday Inn Express next door, but the prices are double. There are many small motels in the area, but not sure about the cleanliness.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:16 AM
Billk44

I have rooms blocked off for all our races at the Canandaigua Super 8 with a reduced rate. All the races are $80 per night, except the August 10-11 race, which is $120 per night because the PGA is in town at the Oak Hill Country Club. Mention ''Stony Pond'' so you can get the reduced rates and make your reservations early. Below are the details. This hotel is 3 miles from Stony Pond.

585-396-7224
[email protected]
www.super8.com

Stony Pond is RV and tent camping friendly. There are no camping or generator restrictions. There is RV fresh water tank refilling available for $3.00 and free grey water dumping. If you have a friend with an RV, pitch a tent and use their shower in the morning.

Other hotels will be added on the website as I find them, but the Super 8 is the closest, cleanest, and cheapest. There is a new Holiday Inn Express next door, but the prices are double. There are many small motels in the area, but not sure about the cleanliness.
Kayak is already showing no availability for the 10-11 dates at the Super 8. This holds true for other similar hotels nearby.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:33 AM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: Billk44

I have rooms blocked off for all our races at the Canandaigua Super 8 with a reduced rate. All the races are $80 per night, except the August 10-11 race, which is $120 per night because the PGA is in town at the Oak Hill Country Club. Mention ''Stony Pond'' so you can get the reduced rates and make your reservations early. Below are the details. This hotel is 3 miles from Stony Pond.

585-396-7224
[email protected]
www.super8.com

Kayak is already showing no availability for the 10-11 dates at the Super 8. This holds true for other similar hotels nearby.
Try calling, I was on the phone with the general manager today and she never said anything to me.... She supposely blocked 10 rooms for me on all the dates.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:05 AM
advanced builder

What about the Bed & Breakfast next door ,do they have a web site. Also the hotel where I get off the thruway. Manchester/.Shortsville only 10 min away.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.