Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Central NEW YORK boaters

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Central NEW YORK boaters

Old 12-13-2012, 10:05 AM
Blackout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

Scottish Inns in Manchester looks to be a good option as well. They are 8 miles away. Phone 1-800-230-4134.

Here is where you go with your wife if a race date falls on your anniversery. They are 1/4 mile away.

http://www.morgansamuelsinn.com/
Old 12-13-2012, 10:13 AM
advanced builder

ORIGINAL: engineman351

Neil...If you make it to Cindy & Tom's 1/6 meeting...I can pick up the hull there. Rick will have first dibs if I change my mind on messing with another hull. Thanks, Roger
Yes I will bring the hull on Jan 6th @11:00 to T&C Why can't we have a 1/8 hydro class just for the big race. I have a Atlas Van Line ready to show off. Some of the other guys have a old 1/8 scale hanging around do a double judge looks & race points. If I smash I'll cry got too many man hours into her. Just a shelf Queen now.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:30 AM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: advanced builder

What about the Bed & Breakfast next door ,do they have a web site. Also the hotel where I get off the thruway. Manchester/.Shortsville only 10 min away.
I'll repost on page 131, so no one misses it. Neil, I posted the Manchester info the same time you were typing.

I have rooms blocked off for all our races at the Canandaigua Super 8 with a reduced rate. All the races are $80 per night, except the August 10-11 race, which is $120 per night because the PGA is in town at the Oak Hill Country Club. Mention "Stony Pond" so you can get the reduced rates and make your reservations early. Below are the details. This hotel is 3 miles from Stony Pond.

Super 8 - Canandaigua, NY
4450 Eastern Blvd., off of 5&20
585-396-7224
[email protected]
www.super8.com

Stony Pond is RV and tent camping friendly. There are no camping or generator restrictions. There is RV fresh water tank refilling available for $3.00 and free grey water dumping. If you have a friend with an RV, pitch a tent and use their shower in the morning.

There is a new Holiday Inn Express next door, but the prices are double. Their phone number is 585-396-3669.

Scottish Inns in Manchester looks to be a good option as well. They are 8 miles away at the Thruway exit #43. Their phone number is 1-800-230-4134.

Here is where you go with your wife if a race date falls on your anniversery. They are 1/4 mile away. http://www.morgansamuelsinn.com/

Old 12-13-2012, 10:53 AM
advanced builder

I'm asking for a stall in the barn. Craig ,or a cot near the wine cellar.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:34 AM
Blackout

LOL, I have the vacant apartment, but it needs fixing. Pretty sure Bob's got a spot for you at his place.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:01 PM
parshallboatworks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Blackout

LOL, I have the vacant apartment, but it needs fixing. Pretty sure Bob's got a spot for you at his place.
Hey Craig, like the fancy new username??? blame it on you... you planted the seed... Just got next project.............. a ZIPPKITS A Box crackerbox for Propcircles...NICE.. game on... After that 3 showboats going to TOLEDO EXPO for display,for a prominant boat company.....Oh and maby the WRAMS show!!! Ultimate hardware combo is on its way from ZIPPKITS for the BULLITT.... yeaaaaahhh!!! lookin good.... Hey craig you say you need your apartment fixed up? i know just the guy for that job!!
Rick

Old 12-13-2012, 01:32 PM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: parshallboatworks

Hey Craig, like the fancy new username??? blame it on you... you planted the seed... Just got next project.............. a ZIPPKITS A Box crackerbox for Propcircles...NICE.. game on... After that 3 showboats going to TOLEDO EXPO for display,for a prominant boat company.....Oh and maby the WRAMS show!!! Ultimate hardware combo is on its way from ZIPPKITS for the BULLITT.... yeaaaaahhh!!! lookin good.[img][/img]... Hey craig you say you need your apartment fixed up? i know just the guy for that job!!
Rick

Yes, we should talk this early spring about the apartment. Might be worth fixing it up to rent to racers. Not sure I want a full time tenant again. There are issues with pipes freezing in the winter and I always dreaded the early morning calls from the tenant....

I like your new name! Good job!
Old 12-14-2012, 11:35 AM
advanced builder

Bob has offered a bed for me. Thanks Bob. I went to see Bob and stopped at Stony Pond ,still filling ,not very fast. Looks like a few inches at most.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:09 PM
Blackout

Bob has offered a bed for me. Thanks Bob. I went to see Bob and stopped at Stony Pond ,still filling ,not very fast. Looks like a few inches at most.
It won't fill good until the inlet stream starts flowing. It will be full early spring, no worries. The ground is very moist up in the woods. A few more rain falls and I predict the spring up in the woods will start pushing water out. If we get 6 - 12 inches we can run boats in January! Last year the spring was pushing water out onto the ice on the pond. I left the buoys out all winter and the buoys ended up under the ice. [X(] I pulled the buoys out this winter since we are moving them anyways.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:11 PM
Canadian LoCo

Notice to all you QD owners since the change in the LSG27 rules the QD's are
now legal in this class.
I sent out a message to the IMPBA Gas Director to clarify this issue and told me yes they are now legal
so good news to the guys that own them so have fun next season.

LucW.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:23 PM
advanced builder

ORIGINAL: Canadian LoCo

Notice to all you QD owners since the change in the LSG27 rules the QD's are
now legal in this class.
I sent out a message to the IMPBA Gas Director to clarify this issue and told me yes they are now legal
so good news to the guys that own them so have fun next season.

LucW.
That's great news The only engine made in America Good thinking Still use a Zenhoa crankshaft I think.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:26 PM
advanced builder

Hey Craig, like the fancy new username??? blame it on you... you planted the seed... Just got next project.............. a ZIPPKITS A Box crackerbox for Propcircles...NICE.. game on... After that 3 showboats going to TOLEDO EXPO for display,for a prominant boat company.....Oh and maby the WRAMS show!!! Ultimate hardware combo is on its way from ZIPPKITS for the BULLITT.... yeaaaaahhh!!! lookin good.[img][/img]... Hey craig you say you need your apartment fixed up? i know just the guy for that job!!
Rick

can I still call you Rick
Old 12-14-2012, 06:26 PM
Canadian LoCo

yes I think it's a good thing if you can afford one of them new.
they do use a few parts from Zenoha.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:33 PM
advanced builder

Mine has the 33 carb ,that uses a push pull linkage cable. I had my radio box setup that way. Now I can use the radio box once again
Old 12-14-2012, 06:37 PM
advanced builder

I went to see Mr Bob ,he said Hello Mr Neil My response was Hello Mr Bob
So their Mr Luc
Old 12-14-2012, 06:39 PM
Canadian LoCo

OK Mr Neil I got it LOL
Old 12-14-2012, 06:41 PM
advanced builder

OK Mr Neil I got it LOL
Happy Holidays Mr Luc
Old 12-14-2012, 06:42 PM
Canadian LoCo

OK Mr Neil I got it LOL
Happy Holidays Mr Luc
Same to you Sir Mr Neil lol
Old 12-15-2012, 03:45 AM
Blackout

Those .21 nitro classes are looking better and better.... And you can transport a bunch of them in the back of a Chevy Volt... Just sayin....
Old 12-15-2012, 06:38 AM
parshallboatworks

Those .21 nitro classes are looking better and better.... And you can transport a bunch of them in the back of a Chevy Volt... Just sayin....
CRAIG...LOL... .21 class looks good, but us old guys need bigger boats so we can see them.....RIGHT NEIL???LOL..
I have my BULLITT stand built,servos in,engine in mounts,borrowed a pipe from propcircles,waiting on hardware kit from ZIPP... getting close.. nice day could be runnin!!!!! juat sayin
"You can call me Rick!"

Old 12-15-2012, 07:33 AM
advanced builder

CRAIG...LOL... .21 class looks good, but us old guys need bigger boats so we can see them..[img][/img]...RIGHT NEIL???LOL..
I have my BULLITT stand built,servos in,engine in mounts,borrowed a pipe from propcircles,waiting on hardware kit from ZIPP... getting close.. nice day could be runnin!!!!! juat sayin[img][/img]
''You can call me Rick!''

I've been know to see bigger girls ,Don't tell When I worked out of town anything goes.
I still love the .21 class rigger. my favorite besides open rigger. I've been chasing Scott for 3 years now. that needs to change ,it did on the last heat of the season .my NEW 67 CMDi hull showed who's boss next season. I got all winter to dream Thanks Bill for that hull.
http://www.quickdrawengines.com/
Old 12-15-2012, 08:29 AM
Billk44

CRAIG...LOL... .21 class looks good, but us old guys need bigger boats so we can see them..[img][/img]...RIGHT NEIL???LOL..
I have my BULLITT stand built,servos in,engine in mounts,borrowed a pipe from propcircles,waiting on hardware kit from ZIPP... getting close.. nice day could be runnin!!!!! juat sayin[img][/img]
''You can call me Rick!''

I've been know to see bigger girls ,Don't tell When I worked out of town anything goes.
I still love the .21 class rigger. my favorite besides open rigger. I've been chasing Scott for 3 years now. that needs to change ,it did on the last heat of the season .my NEW 67 CMDi hull showed who's boss next season. I got all winter to dream Thanks Bill for that hull.
http://www.quickdrawengines.com/
Neil,
Best of luck with that rigger - it is a bullet. Avoid temptation with the needle as it is very close right now and can be fine tuned with the third channel. I have a new backup H-32 prop if you are interested. I just received my Gas SGX from AB. This is one narrow boat. Going to start the mock up and then begin sealing. Need to find a good painter that shoots urethanes for the finish.
Bill
Old 12-15-2012, 09:28 AM
advanced builder

Yes Bill we will talk when I see you on the props. That Gas SGX is a fine hull. What engine you going with? As I know all your engines are stock. We got a guy up here ,ALL he runs is STOCK ,no names strange I had a few props done by Brian at RocketCity His work is very good and the price isn't too bad. H-7 is going on my .21. I ran Joe's 1440 for a long time. A great prop on its own.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:13 PM
Billk44

Yes Bill we will talk when I see you on the props. That Gas SGX is a fine hull. What engine you going with? As I know all your engines are stock. We got a guy up here ,ALL he runs is STOCK ,no names strange I had a few props done by Brian at RocketCity His work is very good and the price isn't too bad. H-7 is going on my .21. I ran Joe's 1440 for a long time. A great prop on its own.
Uh yup, all I run is stock motors. Quickdraw will not fit in the rigger, a lil too wide. A Zen will fit provided the coil is not mounted on the side. So to answer your question, a mod Zen (Performance Unlimited) is going in. Have to plan this build out correctly. Carbon fiber in the engine and fuel tank bays for added strength. Prop is a modded 2170 with 7.0" cup.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:00 PM
parshallboatworks

Man the dude is fast!!! ZIPPKITS hardware here all ready!! they went out thursday.... as allways nice stuff!!! thanks JOE!!! now i will get sidetracked from my work to go back to putting together the BULLITT... so easily sidetracked!!! just sayin... Hey Tom D., are you still interested in the OPS.45?? trying to come up with some cash.. might end up on IW for a good price...Hey Neil is Roger taking the hydro?? still interested...
Rick P.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.