Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 134 of 162 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144 ... LastLast
Results 3,326 to 3,350 of 4043

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

Craig and Neil thanks for the info, I'm sure Rick will be letting me know, when he will need hardware.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

To All Stony Pond Club Members - if you plan on attending the Jan 6th meeting please pm me your e-mail address, if you haven't already, (or if you want the world to know your e-mail, post it on this thread!).  Would like to have an idea as to how many are coming.  Will e-mail to all the details as to our address, and a short list of what we might want to discuss for the upcoming season.  Would welcome any additional items to add to the list that you think we should talk about at the meeting.  Also, I'm planning on e-mailing the "minutes" from Jan. 6th to all for any action items that need to be completed prior to our next meeting.  (So far, I've recd e-mail addresses from:  bdog1; billlk44; parshallboatworks; Joe P; Dick T).  Others have said they are coming (great!) but I don't have your e-mail addresses.
    Hope that you and your families have a good and safe holiday.
    Thanks, Cindy
    Tom Driver
    IMPBA #6425
    It\'\'s not how fast you go, it\'\'s how you go fast.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: advanced builder

Rick, did Bob do a look over on your hull? He has run gas many years. And knows his engines. Just saying
    Yes Sir... Mr Neil... he did... said it is sweet!!! I have exh. gasket on,(thanks propcircles...) and all back together.. have to disassemble half the boat to do one thing..LOL!!! All my Ts are dotted and my Is are crossed..just need to grease shaft,and bob is going to lend me a IVbag... test run on bench and head to some water... pretty psyched!!!! been a fun build and a long set up, but it will be worth it. Special thanks to JOE PETRO and TOM klinker19 for letting it happen!!!
    Hey bdog, that the pond in fairport you talking about...? lets do it, the pond at bristol mtn is a bit overgrown as i havent used it for several years and there is no rescue boat there.. do we need to buy lunch?? Bob is going to assist and be support team for the maiden voyage.(thanks propcircles!!) an it would be cool to check that pond out as well. bob said he would bring his video camera so we will post a vid!!
    I got a big package from ZIPP Manufacturing today!! in the lineup, JAE 45 & JAE 45TWIN!!! busy,busy,busy.... keeps me out of the bars!!! LOL..Thanks JOE, looks to be complete,nicely packed and as always quality stuff!!
    Rick

ParshallWoodworks If you can dream it I can build it
    Stony Pond Model Boat Club,Cdga.NY
    Sky Chiefs flying club Cdga.NY
    Rick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Canadian LoCo

Nice, pond was to small first of all for a boat that fast
    things happen fast at them speeds[X(]
    Things happen fast at any speed but more so when you're dealing with boats capable of over 50mph. I damaged a scale boat the same way, taking my eyes off it for half a second. I now have to repair a cowl, a sponson, the rudder and the tail set and I was only going between 35 and 40

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Hydro Junkie

Things happen fast at any speed but more so when you're dealing with boats capable of over 50mph. I damaged a scale boat the same way, taking my eyes off it for half a second. I now have to repair a cowl, a sponson, the rudder and the tail set and I was only going between 35 and 40
    I better stay away from the twin 80 hull. I know my limits. It wasn't that long ago I thought the 21 JAE was fast. We don't have a class for the twins anyways.
    Stoney Pond Model Boat Club, Canandaigua, NY
    International racer
    http://neilsrcsite.shutterfly.com/

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Hydro Junkie

I better stay away from the twin 80 hull. I know my limits. It wasn't that long ago I thought the 21 JAE was fast. We don't have a class for the twins anyways.
    Smart move my friend. You are going to have your hands full with the 67 SGX. When you are ON it, speeds will be 75-80 easy.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: parshallboatworks

Rick, did Bob do a look over on your hull? He has run gas many years. And knows his engines. Just saying
    Yes Sir... Mr Neil... he did... said it is sweet[img][/img]!!! *I have exh. gasket on,(thanks propcircles...[img][/img]) and all back together.. have to disassemble half the boat to do one thing..LOL!!! All my Ts are dotted and my Is are crossed..just need to grease shaft,and bob is going to lend me a IVbag... test run on bench and head to some water... pretty psyched!!!! been a fun build and a long set up, but it will be worth it. Special thanks to JOE PETRO and TOM klinker19 for letting it happen!!!*
    Hey bdog, that the pond in fairport you talking about...? lets do it, the pond at bristol mtn is a bit overgrown as i havent used it for several years and there is no rescue boat there.. do we need to buy lunch?? Bob is going to assist and be support team for the maiden voyage.(thanks propcircles!!) an it would be cool to check that pond out as well. bob said he would bring his video camera so we will post a vid!!*
    I got a big package from ZIPP Manufacturing today!! in the lineup, JAE 45 & JAE 45TWIN!!! busy,busy,busy.... keeps me out of the bars!!! LOL..Thanks JOE, looks to be complete,nicely packed and as always quality stuff!!
    Rick[img][/img]

Stony Pond is still too low. Let me know when and where you will be doing the maiden voyage. I may have time to leave work and stop by for a little. I work in East Rochester, so I might be close. What address is the pond at?
    Craig Mapstone, IMPBA #20305S, Stony Pond Model Boat Club
    2012 D1 20 Hydro Champion

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It RUNS!!!! Bob and I test started it on bench.. ran it for just a few seconds at a time a couple times, I have a water pump to hook up to it and going to run a 500ml bag-o-fuel thru it and go to pond tomorrow around noon... Carey Lake Bar&Grill.. 937 Rt.441 Macedon-wallworth rd. . Hey klinker, calling in sick tomorrow?? its gotta be close to your place!!! Thanks Bob!! started right up Joe! sounds sweet!! GO ZIPPKITS!!!
    Rick

Rick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Rick...others may have different opinions on breaking a gas engine in... I am from the school that says not much break in is needed. I think if you go to the pond with a 500ml bag and run a varied throttle with only a second or to wide open from time to time...you will be good to go after just one or two bags. I see no need to bench run a full bag through it. There is no cylinder to piston lapping going on like a nitro engine. The prop is unloaded anyway. I think it is better to just run it sensibly under load. I'm guessing 500ml will be at least 20min run time at part throttle. What time is this going down tomorrow?? (Sorry...I see it says around noon!!) Roger C

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: engineman351

Rick...others may have different opinions on breaking a gas engine in... I am from the school that says not much break in is needed. I think if you go to the pond with a 500ml bag and run a varied throttle with only a second or to wide open from time to time...you will be good to go after just one or two bags. I see no need to bench run a full bag through it. There is no cylinder to piston lapping going on like a nitro engine. The prop is unloaded anyway. I think it is better to just run it sensibly under load. I'm guessing 500ml will be at least 20min run time at part throttle. What time is this going down tomorrow?? (Sorry...I see it says around noon!!) Roger C
    Hey Roger,
    Coming out tomorrow??? I put the address on a post,might be the last blast of the summer... pretty warm out tho.... mid 40s forcasted for tomorrow!!!certainly should run cool enough..LOL.. I agree just run em.. too much of a pain in the butt to hook up pump to 2 waterlines and no load.. Bob thought it would be good to check needle settings but again no load.. I think they are different in water under load right?(i know this is the case with nitro,but this is my first gas boat)hope to see you there.
    Rick
    Rick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hello Rick just looked up the pond Nice size 4 sure.
    have fun tomorrow, Get some pic's or some good old Vid's of her
    I'm sure alot want to see I know I'm One
    also be safe the water is cold at this time of year[&:]
    Ottawa Valley Racers MPBC Admin
    IMPBA D1 Director 2012/2013/2014

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hello Rick just looked up the pond Nice size 4 sure.
    have fun tomorrow, Get some pic's or some good old Vid's of her
    I'm sure alot want to see I know I'm One
    also be safe the water is cold at this time of year[&:]
    Thanks Luc!!! you bet we will be safe!! and pics and vids will be taken!!!any day at the pond with friends is a good one!!
    Rick

Rick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Roger,
    Coming out tomorrow??? I put the address on a post,might be the last blast of the summer... pretty warm out tho.... mid 40s forcasted for tomorrow!!![img][/img]certainly should run cool enough..LOL.. I agree just run em.. too much of a pain in the butt to hook up pump to 2 waterlines and no load.. Bob thought it would be good to check needle settings but again no load.. I think they are different in water under load right?(i know this is the case with nitro,but this is my first gas boat)hope to see you there.[img][/img]
    Rick
    Rick,
    They are different under load. As Roger said, moderate the throttle and keep it on the slightly rich side. Not too much. Good luck.
    Bill

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Billk44

Hey Roger,
    Coming out tomorrow??? I put the address on a post,might be the last blast of the summer... pretty warm out tho.... mid 40s forcasted for tomorrow!!![img][/img]certainly should run cool enough..LOL.. I agree just run em.. too much of a pain in the butt to hook up pump to 2 waterlines and no load.. Bob thought it would be good to check needle settings but again no load.. I think they are different in water under load right?(i know this is the case with nitro,but this is my first gas boat)hope to see you there.[img][/img]
    Rick
    Rick,
    They are different under load. As Roger said, moderate the throttle and keep it on the slightly rich side. Not too much. Good luck.
    Bill
    Thanks Bill,I will keep her rich... thanks for the good luck wishes!! see if i get my first blowover!! LOL.. will keep everyone posted..
    Hey Craig, can you throw that 50% in car before you go to work tomorrow??..I'M bringing JAE too.... why not right??
    Rick

Rick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Rick do you run today?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I meant to say did you run today?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: lynnb

I meant to say did you run today?
    we started it here today,but did not go to pond.. going tomorrow at noon..
    Rick
    Rick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The girls are in a Christmas Concert..cassie is well enough to sing at school concert!! and her little sister Felicia is in band and chorus!! Should be fun!!!
    Rick
    Rick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks to all who sent e-mail addresses for the Jan 6th meeting.  Will send out info end of next week.

Good luck tomorrow Rick with your maiden voyage - can't wait to read and see the posts tomorrow night.

T&C
    Tom Driver
    IMPBA #6425
    It\'\'s not how fast you go, it\'\'s how you go fast.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Remember, it is a NYS law that you must wear a PFD while in any boat after November 1st.
    Play safe!

Good Ruck!

Joe
    -Zippkits-
    People make this a great hobby!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

O.K. Rick, I'll bring the 50% nitro fuel. Call my cell before you leave for the pond.

Charge your glow driver and your starter battery.
    Craig Mapstone, IMPBA #20305S, Stony Pond Model Boat Club
    2012 D1 20 Hydro Champion

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Good Point Joe !
    Rick -I will plan on meeting you at the pond at 12:00 I drive a brown Astro van,Glad you got some run time on your motor -Call me If you run into problems and cannot make it.
    Looking forward to meeting some of the other guy's.

Just a FYI there is wild life on the pond that needs to be avoided at all times {a Very large White swan,ducks ect.} they normally go to the far edge of the pond once you start running motors but keeping a eye on their whereabouts is nessesary,especaily when running the faster stuff .
    Mike

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I found the wild life on the pond to have no fear of the boats even with all their noise. The swan will not get out of the way i had to drive around it, (very surprising). Have fun tomorrow the working stiffs will be thinking of you all. May your props spin backwards.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Joe Petro

Remember, it is a NYS law that you must wear a PFD while in any boat after November 1st.
    Play safe!

Good Ruck!

Joe
    LOL..Joe, a pdf may be needed for just to run this boat!! When my knees start shaking and i fall in water...lol.. thanks everybody!! Mark smith from the honeoye flying club is coming to check it out.. he has been interestsd in boats for a while, he is one of my dads old friends!! I'm sure i will have vids on you tube tomorrow!!!Oh by the way, the girls and all the other B.C.S. middle and high school did great... after following them all thru 4th grade, it is amazing to see how far they have come!!!
    Rick

Rick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Good luck Rick I think she will float. with flotation Next season we start out early to help out- us rusty drivers. A few practice sessions and were back race-ready. The pond will be HUGE.
    Stoney Pond Model Boat Club, Canandaigua, NY
    International racer
    http://neilsrcsite.shutterfly.com/