Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Central NEW YORK boaters

Old 12-18-2012, 03:13 PM
lynnb

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

Craig and Neil thanks for the info, I'm sure Rick will be letting me know, when he will need hardware.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:20 PM
gassertom

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

To All Stony Pond Club Members - if you plan on attending the Jan 6th meeting please pm me your e-mail address, if you haven't already, (or if you want the world to know your e-mail, post it on this thread!).  Would like to have an idea as to how many are coming.  Will e-mail to all the details as to our address, and a short list of what we might want to discuss for the upcoming season.  Would welcome any additional items to add to the list that you think we should talk about at the meeting.  Also, I'm planning on e-mailing the "minutes" from Jan. 6th to all for any action items that need to be completed prior to our next meeting.  (So far, I've recd e-mail addresses from:  bdog1; billlk44; parshallboatworks; Joe P; Dick T).  Others have said they are coming (great!) but I don't have your e-mail addresses.
Hope that you and your families have a good and safe holiday.
Thanks, Cindy
Old 12-18-2012, 04:41 PM
parshallboatworks

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: advanced builder

Rick, did Bob do a look over on your hull? He has run gas many years. And knows his engines. Just saying
Yes Sir... Mr Neil... he did... said it is sweet!!! I have exh. gasket on,(thanks propcircles...) and all back together.. have to disassemble half the boat to do one thing..LOL!!! All my Ts are dotted and my Is are crossed..just need to grease shaft,and bob is going to lend me a IVbag... test run on bench and head to some water... pretty psyched!!!! been a fun build and a long set up, but it will be worth it. Special thanks to JOE PETRO and TOM klinker19 for letting it happen!!!
Hey bdog, that the pond in fairport you talking about...? lets do it, the pond at bristol mtn is a bit overgrown as i havent used it for several years and there is no rescue boat there.. do we need to buy lunch?? Bob is going to assist and be support team for the maiden voyage.(thanks propcircles!!) an it would be cool to check that pond out as well. bob said he would bring his video camera so we will post a vid!!
I got a big package from ZIPP Manufacturing today!! in the lineup, JAE 45 & JAE 45TWIN!!! busy,busy,busy.... keeps me out of the bars!!! LOL..Thanks JOE, looks to be complete,nicely packed and as always quality stuff!!
Rick

Old 12-18-2012, 04:48 PM
Hydro Junkie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Canadian LoCo

Nice, pond was to small first of all for a boat that fast
things happen fast at them speeds[X(]
Things happen fast at any speed but more so when you're dealing with boats capable of over 50mph. I damaged a scale boat the same way, taking my eyes off it for half a second. I now have to repair a cowl, a sponson, the rudder and the tail set and I was only going between 35 and 40
Old 12-19-2012, 05:33 AM
advanced builder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Hydro Junkie

Quote:

Things happen fast at any speed but more so when you're dealing with boats capable of over 50mph. I damaged a scale boat the same way, taking my eyes off it for half a second. I now have to repair a cowl, a sponson, the rudder and the tail set and I was only going between 35 and 40
I better stay away from the twin 80 hull. I know my limits. It wasn't that long ago I thought the 21 JAE was fast. We don't have a class for the twins anyways.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:39 AM
Billk44

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Hydro Junkie

Quote:

I better stay away from the twin 80 hull. I know my limits. It wasn't that long ago I thought the 21 JAE was fast. We don't have a class for the twins anyways.
Smart move my friend. You are going to have your hands full with the 67 SGX. When you are ON it, speeds will be 75-80 easy.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:23 AM
Blackout

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: parshallboatworks

Quote:

Rick, did Bob do a look over on your hull? He has run gas many years. And knows his engines. Just saying
Yes Sir... Mr Neil... he did... said it is sweet[img][/img]!!! I have exh. gasket on,(thanks propcircles...[img][/img]) and all back together.. have to disassemble half the boat to do one thing..LOL!!! All my Ts are dotted and my Is are crossed..just need to grease shaft,and bob is going to lend me a IVbag... test run on bench and head to some water... pretty psyched!!!! been a fun build and a long set up, but it will be worth it. Special thanks to JOE PETRO and TOM klinker19 for letting it happen!!!
Hey bdog, that the pond in fairport you talking about...? lets do it, the pond at bristol mtn is a bit overgrown as i havent used it for several years and there is no rescue boat there.. do we need to buy lunch?? Bob is going to assist and be support team for the maiden voyage.(thanks propcircles!!) an it would be cool to check that pond out as well. bob said he would bring his video camera so we will post a vid!!
I got a big package from ZIPP Manufacturing today!! in the lineup, JAE 45 & JAE 45TWIN!!! busy,busy,busy.... keeps me out of the bars!!! LOL..Thanks JOE, looks to be complete,nicely packed and as always quality stuff!!
Rick[img][/img]

Stony Pond is still too low. Let me know when and where you will be doing the maiden voyage. I may have time to leave work and stop by for a little. I work in East Rochester, so I might be close. What address is the pond at?
Old 12-19-2012, 10:23 AM
parshallboatworks

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

It RUNS!!!! Bob and I test started it on bench.. ran it for just a few seconds at a time a couple times, I have a water pump to hook up to it and going to run a 500ml bag-o-fuel thru it and go to pond tomorrow around noon... Carey Lake Bar&Grill.. 937 Rt.441 Macedon-wallworth rd. . Hey klinker, calling in sick tomorrow?? its gotta be close to your place!!! Thanks Bob!! started right up Joe! sounds sweet!! GO ZIPPKITS!!!
Rick

Old 12-19-2012, 11:21 AM
engineman351

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Rick...others may have different opinions on breaking a gas engine in... I am from the school that says not much break in is needed. I think if you go to the pond with a 500ml bag and run a varied throttle with only a second or to wide open from time to time...you will be good to go after just one or two bags. I see no need to bench run a full bag through it. There is no cylinder to piston lapping going on like a nitro engine. The prop is unloaded anyway. I think it is better to just run it sensibly under load. I'm guessing 500ml will be at least 20min run time at part throttle. What time is this going down tomorrow?? (Sorry...I see it says around noon!!) Roger C
Old 12-19-2012, 11:49 AM
parshallboatworks

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: engineman351

Rick...others may have different opinions on breaking a gas engine in... I am from the school that says not much break in is needed. I think if you go to the pond with a 500ml bag and run a varied throttle with only a second or to wide open from time to time...you will be good to go after just one or two bags. I see no need to bench run a full bag through it. There is no cylinder to piston lapping going on like a nitro engine. The prop is unloaded anyway. I think it is better to just run it sensibly under load. I'm guessing 500ml will be at least 20min run time at part throttle. What time is this going down tomorrow?? (Sorry...I see it says around noon!!) Roger C
Hey Roger,
Coming out tomorrow??? I put the address on a post,might be the last blast of the summer... pretty warm out tho.... mid 40s forcasted for tomorrow!!!certainly should run cool enough..LOL.. I agree just run em.. too much of a pain in the butt to hook up pump to 2 waterlines and no load.. Bob thought it would be good to check needle settings but again no load.. I think they are different in water under load right?(i know this is the case with nitro,but this is my first gas boat)hope to see you there.
Rick
Old 12-19-2012, 11:59 AM
Canadian LoCo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

hello Rick just looked up the pond Nice size 4 sure.
have fun tomorrow, Get some pic's or some good old Vid's of her
I'm sure alot want to see I know I'm One
also be safe the water is cold at this time of year[&:]
Old 12-19-2012, 12:15 PM
parshallboatworks

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:

hello Rick just looked up the pond Nice size 4 sure.
have fun tomorrow, Get some pic's or some good old Vid's of her
I'm sure alot want to see I know I'm One
also be safe the water is cold at this time of year[&:]
Thanks Luc!!! you bet we will be safe!! and pics and vids will be taken!!!any day at the pond with friends is a good one!!
Rick

Old 12-19-2012, 01:00 PM
Billk44

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:

Quote:

Hey Roger,
Coming out tomorrow??? I put the address on a post,might be the last blast of the summer... pretty warm out tho.... mid 40s forcasted for tomorrow!!![img][/img]certainly should run cool enough..LOL.. I agree just run em.. too much of a pain in the butt to hook up pump to 2 waterlines and no load.. Bob thought it would be good to check needle settings but again no load.. I think they are different in water under load right?(i know this is the case with nitro,but this is my first gas boat)hope to see you there.[img][/img]
Rick
Rick,
They are different under load. As Roger said, moderate the throttle and keep it on the slightly rich side. Not too much. Good luck.
Bill
Old 12-19-2012, 02:10 PM
parshallboatworks

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Billk44

Quote:

Quote:

Hey Roger,
Coming out tomorrow??? I put the address on a post,might be the last blast of the summer... pretty warm out tho.... mid 40s forcasted for tomorrow!!![img][/img]certainly should run cool enough..LOL.. I agree just run em.. too much of a pain in the butt to hook up pump to 2 waterlines and no load.. Bob thought it would be good to check needle settings but again no load.. I think they are different in water under load right?(i know this is the case with nitro,but this is my first gas boat)hope to see you there.[img][/img]
Rick
Rick,
They are different under load. As Roger said, moderate the throttle and keep it on the slightly rich side. Not too much. Good luck.
Bill
Thanks Bill,I will keep her rich... thanks for the good luck wishes!! see if i get my first blowover!! LOL.. will keep everyone posted..
Hey Craig, can you throw that 50% in car before you go to work tomorrow??..I'M bringing JAE too.... why not right??
Rick

Old 12-19-2012, 02:14 PM
lynnb

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Rick do you run today?
Old 12-19-2012, 02:17 PM
lynnb

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I meant to say did you run today?
Old 12-19-2012, 02:55 PM
parshallboatworks

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: lynnb

I meant to say did you run today?
we started it here today,but did not go to pond.. going tomorrow at noon..
Rick
Old 12-19-2012, 03:35 PM
parshallboatworks

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The girls are in a Christmas Concert..cassie is well enough to sing at school concert!! and her little sister Felicia is in band and chorus!! Should be fun!!!
Rick
Old 12-19-2012, 03:39 PM
gassertom

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks to all who sent e-mail addresses for the Jan 6th meeting.  Will send out info end of next week.

Good luck tomorrow Rick with your maiden voyage - can't wait to read and see the posts tomorrow night.

T&C
Old 12-19-2012, 04:58 PM
Joe Petro

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Remember, it is a NYS law that you must wear a PFD while in any boat after November 1st.
Play safe!

Good Ruck!

Joe
Old 12-19-2012, 05:07 PM
Blackout

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

O.K. Rick, I'll bring the 50% nitro fuel. Call my cell before you leave for the pond.

Charge your glow driver and your starter battery.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:18 PM
bdog1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Good Point Joe !
Rick -I will plan on meeting you at the pond at 12:00 I drive a brown Astro van,Glad you got some run time on your motor -Call me If you run into problems and cannot make it.
Looking forward to meeting some of the other guy's.

Just a FYI there is wild life on the pond that needs to be avoided at all times {a Very large White swan,ducks ect.} they normally go to the far edge of the pond once you start running motors but keeping a eye on their whereabouts is nessesary,especaily when running the faster stuff .
Mike
Old 12-19-2012, 05:43 PM
lynnb

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I found the wild life on the pond to have no fear of the boats even with all their noise. The swan will not get out of the way i had to drive around it, (very surprising). Have fun tomorrow the working stiffs will be thinking of you all. May your props spin backwards.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:15 PM
parshallboatworks

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Joe Petro

Remember, it is a NYS law that you must wear a PFD while in any boat after November 1st.
Play safe!

Good Ruck!

Joe
LOL..Joe, a pdf may be needed for just to run this boat!! When my knees start shaking and i fall in water...lol.. thanks everybody!! Mark smith from the honeoye flying club is coming to check it out.. he has been interestsd in boats for a while, he is one of my dads old friends!! I'm sure i will have vids on you tube tomorrow!!!Oh by the way, the girls and all the other B.C.S. middle and high school did great... after following them all thru 4th grade, it is amazing to see how far they have come!!!
Rick

Old 12-20-2012, 10:20 AM
advanced builder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Good luck Rick I think she will float. with flotation Next season we start out early to help out- us rusty drivers. A few practice sessions and were back race-ready. The pond will be HUGE.

Search this Thread