Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 138 of 162 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148 ... LastLast
Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 4043

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

ORIGINAL: gassertom

Craig
    OPS 45's. didn't win the lottery or they would be Rossi

Tom45DDÂ*
    Tom,
    I think Tom Galdys has quite a few OPS motors. You should check with him and make save some $$$$.
    Bill

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Should have specified that the OPS Motors I have are "pre-enjoyed" that I purchased from Tom G - price was right.  Now...if that lottery winning came thru, all could change!  To agree with Craig, plan on keeping them stock.  (2) motors in (1) boat is enough of a challenge to start with.  
    Tom
    Tom Driver
    IMPBA #6425
    It\'\'s not how fast you go, it\'\'s how you go fast.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Bottom on!! "now sit back and admire your awesome new radio box!!" LOOKIN LIKE A BOAT!! Love all the quotes from Zippkits manuals... too funny....good job Joe!!
    Nice kit Santa Cindy brought you Tom!!! must have had fun getting it down the chiminy..LOL.. Congrats!! cant wait to see these twins running at Stoney Pond this spring.. dont let it be like Craigs on bench for extended period of time....... Zippkits has some nice stuff.... Just Sayin!!! well since I came out to shop at 6:30 or so till 11:00 I had to shovel 10" of snow... allready ahead of last years total!!snow baby snow!! future pond water!!
    Rick
    ParshallWoodworks If you can dream it I can build it
    Stony Pond Model Boat Club,Cdga.NY
    Sky Chiefs flying club Cdga.NY
    Rick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Pizza for X-mast a-All American dinner.Wine for a drink -could be the Non alcohol brand in a wine goblet
    Be careful you might shoot your eye out. RedRider oops Ricky Red Driver.
    Craig ,so Karl's got the boating bug ,cool ,it was just a matter of time. Do I order another case of 50% I will order a few cards of glow plugs.
    Can we have the fuel shipped to the company or individual? You did say we had a safe storage area. I think. Or make a plywood corner box storage. on a wood floor. I will supply the wood and hardware. for that job. We do have a good builder that will work for fuel if he has the time.
    The snow blower worked like a charm 12" of snow. The back deck will be done the old school way by hand[:@] when I fell like it.
    Stoney Pond Model Boat Club, Canandaigua, NY
    International racer
    http://neilsrcsite.shutterfly.com/

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: advanced builder

Pizza for X-mast a-All American dinner.Wine for a drink -could be the Non alcohol brand in a wine goblet
    Craig ,so Karl's got the boating bug ,cool ,it was just a matter of time. Do I order another case of 50% I will order a few cards of glow plugs.
    Can we have the fuel shipped to the company or individual? You did say we had a safe storage area. I think. Or make a plywood corner box storage. on a wood floor. I will supply the wood and hardware. for that job. We do have a good builder that will work for fuel if he has the time.
    The snow blower worked like a charm 12'' of snow. The back deck will be done the old school way by hand[:@] when I fell like it.
    Yes, ship the whole order to my work place, Crosman Seed Corp. We have a loading dock. I can store the bulk of it in our warehouse, cool, dry, dark, and off the cement floor. As we need fuel, I will bring it to Stony Pond.

We can go over the fuel order at the first meeting. We still have plenty of time to get it together.
    Craig Mapstone, IMPBA #20305S, Stony Pond Model Boat Club
    2012 D1 20 Hydro Champion

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Blackout

The snow blower worked like a charm 12'' of snow. The back deck will be done the old school way by hand[:@] when I fell like it.
    Yes, ship the whole order to my work place, Crosman Seed Corp. We have a loading dock. I can store the bulk of it in our warehouse, cool, dry, dark, and off the cement floor. As we need fuel, I will bring it to Stony Pond.

We can go over the fuel order at the first meeting. We still have plenty of time to get it together.
    You folks are right on the money with the fuel. Many folks store it on concrete and wonder why they have problems. Who is your secretary or the membership person? I plan to join your club. Gives me a safe place to test if I need to use it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well winter is here Crap lol after this Texas low that we are having at the moment just droped over 1.5 ft of them
    white flys in just about 11hrs and still coming down.

well this is what my street looked like in the fall oh it was nice BUT look at it now YUCK oh well it will be all gone in a few months.

Ottawa Valley Racers MPBC Admin
    IMPBA D1 Director 2012/2013/2014

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

We got close to 18" of snow in 9 hrs.... was out shoveling at 2am so wife could get out driveway in am.... When I got rid of snowblower this summer I was hoping we would get some snow this winter (ya know, Murphys law...) Sweet!! we allready got more in one night than we did all last winter.IT IS FUTURE POND WATER!!!! Have faith guys.. it'll FILL UP!!!!
    Rick
    Rick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: parshallboatworks

"now sit back and admire your awesome new radio box!!"
    Remember Rick... the OTHERleft!!!

TC

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: klinker19

ORIGINAL: parshallboatworks

"now sit back and admire your awesome new radio box!!"
    Remember Rick... the OTHERleft!!!

TC
    LOL TC... This radio box dont have a cutout for stoffing tube.. You got it ready to float and fly yet???

bottom on, about to cut it off jig!!
    Rick

Rick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Billk44

You folks are right on the money with the fuel. Many folks store it on concrete and wonder why they have problems. Who is your secretary or the membership person? I plan to join your club. Gives me a safe place to test if I need to use it.
    Hi Bill, I manage the membership dues. I pretty much spend it as I get it, so it's easier to just send the dues to me. You are more than welcome to wait on joining until the first time you come up to run. It's up to you. We look forward to you and your brother running with us at Stony Pond. Below is my info and dues.

Yearly Stony Pond Dues: $35.00
    Add a Spouce or Child Under 18: $10.00
    Full Family Membership With Unlimited Children: $50.00

Craig Mapstone
    2816 Smith Road
    Canandaigua, NY 14424

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Guy's just ran across this video,check out post #2
    Might be a low end option for Joe's Stoney Pond Challenge...every body has a .049 in a box some where
    http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1397709
    Mike

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The snow blower worked like a charm 12" of snow. The back deck will be done the old school way by hand[:@] when I fell like it.

By hand...... why is my back aching????

It looka lika boat!!!
    Rick
    Rick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Billk44

Hi Bill, I manage the membership dues. I pretty much spend it as I get it, so it's easier to just send the dues to me. You are more than welcome to wait on joining until the first time you come up to run. It's up to you. We look forward to you and your brother running with us at Stony Pond. Below is my info and dues.

Yearly Stony Pond Dues: $35.00
    Add a Spouce or Child Under 18: $10.00
    Full Family Membership With Unlimited Children: $50.00

Craig Mapstone
    2816 Smith Road
    Canandaigua, NY 14424

Craig,
    Thanks. I will wait for the first trip up.
    Bill

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Craig how hard will it be to switch the Big race date to the next weekend ,we got the date marked down anyways just switch dated .Hotels will be open that weekend. just saying If we get the draw.
    International racer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Craig how hard will it be to switch the Big race date to the next weekend ,we got the date marked down anyways just switch dated .Hotels will be open that weekend. just saying If we get the draw.
    Problem is the dates are already marked in some people's calenders. I think it's best to just leave it. The PGA is in Rochester which is 35 minutes away. I doubt the Hotels will book up competely becuase of it. Some of them are just trying to get more money. The Red Carpet Inn might not have elevated rates on that date. Anyone happen to check? This will always be an issue during the summer time. For all we know there is something else going on the following weekend. There is always as this area is beautiful during the summer. Plus, if you're a golfer, watch golf a couple days and then race boats a couple of days...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Rick - The Cbox is looking great !
    don't forget the foam
    bd

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Rick - The Cbox is looking great !
    don't forget the foam
    bd
    [/quote]FOAM?????? I dont know why it would need foam.... Bob would NEVER flip,blowover,crash,or get run into...
    Pg. 22.... DO NOT OMIT THIS STEP! without floataion YOU WILL LOSE YOUR BOAT!....I will fill er up with pink noodles for youBob!!

inside sealed first coat, top deck joined....foam next after glassing keel seam and one more coat of west inside...
    Rick

Rick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Guys, what is all that white stuff? All I ever see is rain unless I go up into the Cascades. Heck, I even went out and bought a set of studded snow tires for the truck, only to take them back off after buying a second set of rims after hearing no frozen stuff for the forseeable future[:@]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Hydro Junkie

Guys, what is all that white stuff? All I ever see is rain unless I go up into the Cascades. Heck, I even went out and bought a set of studded snow tires for the truck, only to take them back off after buying a second set of rims after hearing no frozen stuff for the forseeable future[:@]
    LOL...H/J, we used to be used to all this snow... I miss having banks of it around and having to drive thru drifts and such... over the years it has all but disapeared. We need to fill a pond and snow is way better than rain (I work at a skii resort in winter too..)
    Alot of other people think i am nuts, but LET IT SNOW,LET IT SNOW,LET IT SNOW!!!!
    Rick

Rick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Does anyone use spray foam inside the tub ? I like to be able to remove my pool noodle ,If needed no so with foam spray ,one could trap water behind the spray foam & boat hull. ,never getting it out. JMO At the end of the season pull your noodle ,to dry. Don't pull your OTHER noodle, ==you may like to pull on it too much and go blind.
    International racer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Does anyone use spray foam inside the tub ? I like to be able to remove my pool noodle ,If needed no so with foam spray ,one could trap water behind the spray foam & boat hull. ,never getting it out. JMO At the end of the season pull your noodle ,to dry. Don't pull your OTHER noodle, ==you may like to pull on it too much and go blind.
    LMAO...maby thats why i DONT SEE SO GOOD anymore!!!.. The spray foam expands too much and will distort hull.. also the thinners and propellent will sometimes react with epoxy... I used spray foam in origional PAY N PAK in 76 or 77 and it was a mess.. I learned the hard way,after hull was sealed,and deck on, it continued to react inside and loosened epoxy then gained a lot of water weight... NOT GOOD.. ZIPPKITS KNOWS what they are saying when the recomend against it!! And i like to pull my noodle out alot...,just to keep it dry.....LOL, JUST SAYIN...
    Rick

Rick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Craig...Aug10-11 is also the NASCAR race at Watkins Glen, so some of the east side hotels/motels may be booked for that too. The NASCAR event is an annual trek for me and some of my car buddies...so I will not be able to attend the Stony Pond race (bummer!). I think my son Tom will be at the pond that weekend. See you on the 6th at Tom and Cindy's...bring my popcorn!! Roger

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: engineman351

Craig...Aug10-11 is also the NASCAR race at Watkins Glen, so some of the east side hotels/motels may be booked for that too. The NASCAR event is an annual trek for me and some of my car buddies...so I will not be able to attend the Stony Pond race (bummer!). I think my son Tom will be at the pond that weekend. See you on the 6th at Tom and Cindy's...bring my popcorn!! Roger
    It is what it is. Most will be looking for hotels around Seneca Lake, not Canandaigua Lake. Canandaigua is over an hour away from Watkins Glen. Like I said, a lot of stuff is going on in the summer in the Finger Lakes region.

Watching a race... I never was a watcher, more of a doer...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Craig you can change your date if you wish it doesent mater with IMPBA all would be fine with a date change if needed.
    Ottawa Valley Racers MPBC Admin
    IMPBA D1 Director 2012/2013/2014