Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Central NEW YORK boaters

Reply
Old 12-26-2012, 02:00 PM
  #3426
Billk44
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Factoryville, PA
Posts: 268
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters


Quote:
ORIGINAL: gassertom

Craig
OPS 45's. didn't win the lottery or they would be Rossi

Tom45DD
Tom,
I think Tom Galdys has quite a few OPS motors. You should check with him and make save some $$$$.
Bill
Billk44 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:12 PM
  #3427
gassertom
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Henrietta , NY
Posts: 180
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

Should have specified that the OPS Motors I have are "pre-enjoyed" that I purchased from Tom G - price was right.  Now...if that lottery winning came thru, all could change!  To agree with Craig, plan on keeping them stock.  (2) motors in (1) boat is enough of a challenge to start with.  
Tom
gassertom is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:21 PM
  #3428
parshallboatworks
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bloomfield, NY
Posts: 427
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters


Bottom on!! "now sit back and admire your awesome new radio box!!" LOOKIN LIKE A BOAT!! Love all the quotes from Zippkits manuals... too funny....good job Joe!!
Nice kit Santa Cindy brought you Tom!!! must have had fun getting it down the chiminy..LOL.. Congrats!! cant wait to see these twins running at Stoney Pond this spring.. dont let it be like Craigs on bench for extended period of time....... Zippkits has some nice stuff.... Just Sayin!!! well since I came out to shop at 6:30 or so till 11:00 I had to shovel 10" of snow... allready ahead of last years total!!snow baby snow!! future pond water!!
Rick
parshallboatworks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:05 AM
  #3429
advanced builder
Thread Starter
 
advanced builder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Baldwinsville, NY
Posts: 3,053
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

Pizza for X-mast a-All American dinner.Wine for a drink -could be the Non alcohol brand in a wine goblet
Be careful you might shoot your eye out. RedRider oops Ricky Red Driver.
Craig ,so Karl's got the boating bug ,cool ,it was just a matter of time. Do I order another case of 50% I will order a few cards of glow plugs.
Can we have the fuel shipped to the company or individual? You did say we had a safe storage area. I think. Or make a plywood corner box storage. on a wood floor. I will supply the wood and hardware. for that job. We do have a good builder that will work for fuel if he has the time.
The snow blower worked like a charm 12" of snow. The back deck will be done the old school way by hand[:@] when I fell like it.
advanced builder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:05 AM
  #3430
Blackout
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Canandaigua, NY
Posts: 1,754
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters


Quote:
ORIGINAL: advanced builder

Pizza for X-mast a-All American dinner.Wine for a drink -could be the Non alcohol brand in a wine goblet
Be careful you might shoot your eye out. RedRider oops Ricky Red Driver.
Craig ,so Karl's got the boating bug ,cool ,it was just a matter of time. Do I order another case of 50% I will order a few cards of glow plugs.
Can we have the fuel shipped to the company or individual? You did say we had a safe storage area. I think. Or make a plywood corner box storage. on a wood floor. I will supply the wood and hardware. for that job. We do have a good builder that will work for fuel if he has the time.
The snow blower worked like a charm 12'' of snow. The back deck will be done the old school way by hand[:@] when I fell like it.
Yes, ship the whole order to my work place, Crosman Seed Corp. We have a loading dock. I can store the bulk of it in our warehouse, cool, dry, dark, and off the cement floor. As we need fuel, I will bring it to Stony Pond.

We can go over the fuel order at the first meeting. We still have plenty of time to get it together.
Blackout is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:35 AM
  #3431
Billk44
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Factoryville, PA
Posts: 268
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Blackout


Quote:
ORIGINAL: advanced builder

Pizza for X-mast a-All American dinner.Wine for a drink -could be the Non alcohol brand in a wine goblet
Be careful you might shoot your eye out. RedRider oops Ricky Red Driver.
Craig ,so Karl's got the boating bug ,cool ,it was just a matter of time. Do I order another case of 50% I will order a few cards of glow plugs.
Can we have the fuel shipped to the company or individual? You did say we had a safe storage area. I think. Or make a plywood corner box storage. on a wood floor. I will supply the wood and hardware. for that job. We do have a good builder that will work for fuel if he has the time.
The snow blower worked like a charm 12'' of snow. The back deck will be done the old school way by hand[:@] when I fell like it.
Yes, ship the whole order to my work place, Crosman Seed Corp. We have a loading dock. I can store the bulk of it in our warehouse, cool, dry, dark, and off the cement floor. As we need fuel, I will bring it to Stony Pond.

We can go over the fuel order at the first meeting. We still have plenty of time to get it together.
You folks are right on the money with the fuel. Many folks store it on concrete and wonder why they have problems. Who is your secretary or the membership person? I plan to join your club. Gives me a safe place to test if I need to use it.
Billk44 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:21 AM
  #3432
Canadian LoCo
 
Canadian LoCo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cornwall, ON, CANADA
Posts: 401
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

Well winter is here Crap lol after this Texas low that we are having at the moment just droped over 1.5 ft of them
white flys in just about 11hrs and still coming down.

well this is what my street looked like in the fall oh it was nice BUT look at it now YUCK oh well it will be all gone in a few months.






Canadian LoCo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:08 AM
  #3433
parshallboatworks
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bloomfield, NY
Posts: 427
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters


We got close to 18" of snow in 9 hrs.... was out shoveling at 2am so wife could get out driveway in am.... When I got rid of snowblower this summer I was hoping we would get some snow this winter (ya know, Murphys law...) Sweet!! we allready got more in one night than we did all last winter.IT IS FUTURE POND WATER!!!! Have faith guys.. it'll FILL UP!!!!
Rick
parshallboatworks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:18 AM
  #3434
klinker19
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Walworth, NY
Posts: 13
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters


Quote:
ORIGINAL: parshallboatworks

"now sit back and admire your awesome new radio box!!"
Remember Rick... the OTHERleft!!!

TC
klinker19 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:30 AM
  #3435
parshallboatworks
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bloomfield, NY
Posts: 427
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters


Quote:
ORIGINAL: klinker19


Quote:
ORIGINAL: parshallboatworks

"now sit back and admire your awesome new radio box!!"
Remember Rick... the OTHERleft!!!

TC
LOL TC... This radio box dont have a cutout for stoffing tube.. You got it ready to float and fly yet???

bottom on, about to cut it off jig!!
Rick

parshallboatworks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:23 AM
  #3436
Blackout
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Canandaigua, NY
Posts: 1,754
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Billk44

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Blackout


Quote:
ORIGINAL: advanced builder

Pizza for X-mast a-All American dinner.Wine for a drink -could be the Non alcohol brand in a wine goblet
Be careful you might shoot your eye out. RedRider oops Ricky Red Driver.
Craig ,so Karl's got the boating bug ,cool ,it was just a matter of time. Do I order another case of 50% I will order a few cards of glow plugs.
Can we have the fuel shipped to the company or individual? You did say we had a safe storage area. I think. Or make a plywood corner box storage. on a wood floor. I will supply the wood and hardware. for that job. We do have a good builder that will work for fuel if he has the time.
The snow blower worked like a charm 12'' of snow. The back deck will be done the old school way by hand[:@] when I fell like it.
Yes, ship the whole order to my work place, Crosman Seed Corp. We have a loading dock. I can store the bulk of it in our warehouse, cool, dry, dark, and off the cement floor. As we need fuel, I will bring it to Stony Pond.

We can go over the fuel order at the first meeting. We still have plenty of time to get it together.
You folks are right on the money with the fuel. Many folks store it on concrete and wonder why they have problems. Who is your secretary or the membership person? I plan to join your club. Gives me a safe place to test if I need to use it.
Hi Bill, I manage the membership dues. I pretty much spend it as I get it, so it's easier to just send the dues to me. You are more than welcome to wait on joining until the first time you come up to run. It's up to you. We look forward to you and your brother running with us at Stony Pond. Below is my info and dues.

Yearly Stony Pond Dues: $35.00
Add a Spouce or Child Under 18: $10.00
Full Family Membership With Unlimited Children: $50.00

Craig Mapstone
2816 Smith Road
Canandaigua, NY 14424

Blackout is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:19 PM
  #3437
bdog1
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Webster, NY
Posts: 58
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

Hey Guy's just ran across this video,check out post #2
Might be a low end option for Joe's Stoney Pond Challenge...every body has a .049 in a box some where
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1397709
Mike
bdog1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:06 PM
  #3438
parshallboatworks
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bloomfield, NY
Posts: 427
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters


Quote:
ORIGINAL: advanced builder

Pizza for X-mast a-All American dinner.Wine for a drink -could be the Non alcohol brand in a wine goblet
Be careful you might shoot your eye out. RedRider oops Ricky Red Driver.
Craig ,so Karl's got the boating bug ,cool ,it was just a matter of time. Do I order another case of 50% I will order a few cards of glow plugs.
Can we have the fuel shipped to the company or individual? You did say we had a safe storage area. I think. Or make a plywood corner box storage. on a wood floor. I will supply the wood and hardware. for that job. We do have a good builder that will work for fuel if he has the time.
The snow blower worked like a charm 12" of snow. The back deck will be done the old school way by hand[:@] when I fell like it.


By hand...... why is my back aching????

It looka lika boat!!!
Rick
parshallboatworks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:07 PM
  #3439
Billk44
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Factoryville, PA
Posts: 268
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Blackout


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Billk44

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Blackout


Quote:
ORIGINAL: advanced builder

Pizza for X-mast a-All American dinner.Wine for a drink -could be the Non alcohol brand in a wine goblet
Be careful you might shoot your eye out. RedRider oops Ricky Red Driver.
Craig ,so Karl's got the boating bug ,cool ,it was just a matter of time. Do I order another case of 50% I will order a few cards of glow plugs.
Can we have the fuel shipped to the company or individual? You did say we had a safe storage area. I think. Or make a plywood corner box storage. on a wood floor. I will supply the wood and hardware. for that job. We do have a good builder that will work for fuel if he has the time.
The snow blower worked like a charm 12'' of snow. The back deck will be done the old school way by hand[:@] when I fell like it.
Yes, ship the whole order to my work place, Crosman Seed Corp. We have a loading dock. I can store the bulk of it in our warehouse, cool, dry, dark, and off the cement floor. As we need fuel, I will bring it to Stony Pond.

We can go over the fuel order at the first meeting. We still have plenty of time to get it together.
You folks are right on the money with the fuel. Many folks store it on concrete and wonder why they have problems. Who is your secretary or the membership person? I plan to join your club. Gives me a safe place to test if I need to use it.
Hi Bill, I manage the membership dues. I pretty much spend it as I get it, so it's easier to just send the dues to me. You are more than welcome to wait on joining until the first time you come up to run. It's up to you. We look forward to you and your brother running with us at Stony Pond. Below is my info and dues.

Yearly Stony Pond Dues: $35.00
Add a Spouce or Child Under 18: $10.00
Full Family Membership With Unlimited Children: $50.00

Craig Mapstone
2816 Smith Road
Canandaigua, NY 14424

Craig,
Thanks. I will wait for the first trip up.
Bill
Billk44 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:18 PM
  #3440
advanced builder
Thread Starter
 
advanced builder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Baldwinsville, NY
Posts: 3,053
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

Craig how hard will it be to switch the Big race date to the next weekend ,we got the date marked down anyways just switch dated .Hotels will be open that weekend. just saying If we get the draw.
advanced builder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:12 PM
  #3441
Blackout
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Canandaigua, NY
Posts: 1,754
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters


Quote:
ORIGINAL: advanced builder

Craig how hard will it be to switch the Big race date to the next weekend ,we got the date marked down anyways just switch dated .Hotels will be open that weekend. just saying If we get the draw.
Problem is the dates are already marked in some people's calenders. I think it's best to just leave it. The PGA is in Rochester which is 35 minutes away. I doubt the Hotels will book up competely becuase of it. Some of them are just trying to get more money. The Red Carpet Inn might not have elevated rates on that date. Anyone happen to check? This will always be an issue during the summer time. For all we know there is something else going on the following weekend. There is always as this area is beautiful during the summer. Plus, if you're a golfer, watch golf a couple days and then race boats a couple of days...
Blackout is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:19 PM
  #3442
bdog1
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Webster, NY
Posts: 58
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

Rick - The Cbox is looking great !
don't forget the foam
bd
bdog1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:19 PM
  #3443
parshallboatworks
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bloomfield, NY
Posts: 427
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

Rick - The Cbox is looking great !
don't forget the foam
bd
[/quote]FOAM?????? I dont know why it would need foam.... Bob would NEVER flip,blowover,crash,or get run into...
Pg. 22.... DO NOT OMIT THIS STEP! without floataion YOU WILL LOSE YOUR BOAT!....I will fill er up with pink noodles for youBob!!


inside sealed first coat, top deck joined....foam next after glassing keel seam and one more coat of west inside...
Rick

parshallboatworks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:32 AM
  #3444
Hydro Junkie
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Marysville, WA
Posts: 6,337
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

Guys, what is all that white stuff? All I ever see is rain unless I go up into the Cascades. Heck, I even went out and bought a set of studded snow tires for the truck, only to take them back off after buying a second set of rims after hearing no frozen stuff for the forseeable future[:@]
Hydro Junkie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:32 AM
  #3445
parshallboatworks
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bloomfield, NY
Posts: 427
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Hydro Junkie

Guys, what is all that white stuff? All I ever see is rain unless I go up into the Cascades. Heck, I even went out and bought a set of studded snow tires for the truck, only to take them back off after buying a second set of rims after hearing no frozen stuff for the forseeable future[:@]
LOL...H/J, we used to be used to all this snow... I miss having banks of it around and having to drive thru drifts and such... over the years it has all but disapeared. We need to fill a pond and snow is way better than rain (I work at a skii resort in winter too..)
Alot of other people think i am nuts, but LET IT SNOW,LET IT SNOW,LET IT SNOW!!!!
Rick

parshallboatworks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:15 AM
  #3446
advanced builder
Thread Starter
 
advanced builder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Baldwinsville, NY
Posts: 3,053
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

Does anyone use spray foam inside the tub ? I like to be able to remove my pool noodle ,If needed no so with foam spray ,one could trap water behind the spray foam & boat hull. ,never getting it out. JMO At the end of the season pull your noodle ,to dry. Don't pull your OTHER noodle, ==you may like to pull on it too much and go blind.
advanced builder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:23 AM
  #3447
parshallboatworks
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bloomfield, NY
Posts: 427
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters


Quote:
ORIGINAL: advanced builder

Does anyone use spray foam inside the tub ? I like to be able to remove my pool noodle ,If needed no so with foam spray ,one could trap water behind the spray foam & boat hull. ,never getting it out. JMO At the end of the season pull your noodle ,to dry. Don't pull your OTHER noodle, ==you may like to pull on it too much and go blind.
LMAO...maby thats why i DONT SEE SO GOOD anymore!!!.. The spray foam expands too much and will distort hull.. also the thinners and propellent will sometimes react with epoxy... I used spray foam in origional PAY N PAK in 76 or 77 and it was a mess.. I learned the hard way,after hull was sealed,and deck on, it continued to react inside and loosened epoxy then gained a lot of water weight... NOT GOOD.. ZIPPKITS KNOWS what they are saying when the recomend against it!! And i like to pull my noodle out alot...,just to keep it dry.....LOL, JUST SAYIN...
Rick

parshallboatworks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:37 AM
  #3448
engineman351
 
engineman351's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 414
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

Craig...Aug10-11 is also the NASCAR race at Watkins Glen, so some of the east side hotels/motels may be booked for that too. The NASCAR event is an annual trek for me and some of my car buddies...so I will not be able to attend the Stony Pond race (bummer!). I think my son Tom will be at the pond that weekend. See you on the 6th at Tom and Cindy's...bring my popcorn!! Roger
engineman351 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:03 AM
  #3449
Blackout
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Canandaigua, NY
Posts: 1,754
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

Quote:
ORIGINAL: engineman351

Craig...Aug10-11 is also the NASCAR race at Watkins Glen, so some of the east side hotels/motels may be booked for that too. The NASCAR event is an annual trek for me and some of my car buddies...so I will not be able to attend the Stony Pond race (bummer!). I think my son Tom will be at the pond that weekend. See you on the 6th at Tom and Cindy's...bring my popcorn!! Roger
It is what it is. Most will be looking for hotels around Seneca Lake, not Canandaigua Lake. Canandaigua is over an hour away from Watkins Glen. Like I said, a lot of stuff is going on in the summer in the Finger Lakes region.

Watching a race... I never was a watcher, more of a doer...
Blackout is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:07 AM
  #3450
Canadian LoCo
 
Canadian LoCo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cornwall, ON, CANADA
Posts: 401
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

Craig you can change your date if you wish it doesent mater with IMPBA all would be fine with a date change if needed.
Canadian LoCo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:03 AM.