Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Central NEW YORK boaters

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Central NEW YORK boaters

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 03:12 PM
Blackout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

ORIGINAL: bdog1

Great shot Joe !
Rick: {Good shot to get 4 thunderboats in one frame } ... wait till this summer Thunder is comming ! YE HA
But, will they have the balls to run 5 or 6 Thunderboats at a time on Stony Pond?? We run 4 at Elmira. I say, suck it up buttercups!
Old 01-03-2013, 03:21 PM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: advanced builder

I'm using FIREFOX not Internet explorer. And I can't get in to SP site Let me try Int explorer.

Useing IExporer
Works now but Bills pic didn't load. weird
It just loaded fine for me using FireFox. Strange.... Typical computers....

If anyone has ideas on what to add to the website, let me know. So far, it's been the bare necessities. I'm using Front Page 2003 and I'm not so good with it. Still learning.....
Old 01-03-2013, 03:57 PM
engineman351

Suck it up buttercup??? Wait until all you see in turn one is a wall of rooster tails and you don't have a clue what lane you are in until you are to buoy 3. I'll race whatever number is appropriate but I sure don't want to risk winding up with a bunch of toothpicks at the end of a club race. The last time I checked the 'trophys' were a nice piece of paper (not green either) to show the grandkids. Certainly the drivers stand at Stony pond is a plus for trying to run more of any class at one time. RC
Old 01-03-2013, 04:24 PM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: engineman351

Suck it up buttercup??? Wait until all you see in turn one is a wall of rooster tails and you don't have a clue what lane you are in until you are to buoy 3. I'll race whatever number is appropriate but I sure don't want to risk winding up with a bunch of toothpicks at the end of a club race. The last time I checked the 'trophys' were a nice piece of paper (not green either) to show the grandkids. Certainly the drivers stand at Stony pond is a plus for trying to run more of any class at one time. RC
Been there, done that in Open Mono. [X(]

Speaking of trophies. I'm looking for a sample picture of 3 or more boats in a row (not racing) of the same class. Anyone have one? The ones I have found are too small. I need it to fill a 6"x8" area. It's for the sample plaque that I'm bringing on Sunday.

HJ, do you have one of 1/8 scale hydros??
Old 01-03-2013, 04:50 PM
Joe Petro
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks, but I think Bill (Billk44) shot that...
That was a fine day, even though I got my ***** handed to me by the Thompson boys...

All good!

A bad day of racing is still better than a great day at work...

Joe
Old 01-03-2013, 04:55 PM
Joe Petro

Stay tight on buoy one, hold the input and close your eyes for the count of three.
Open. Why the %^$#@&*?! are there so many yellow boats! I hope that is my yellow boat in the lead and not the one coming around for the retreive boat...

Neil!!!

100% fun for sure...

Joe
Old 01-03-2013, 05:21 PM
parshallboatworks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Joe Petro

Stay tight on buoy one, hold the input and close your eyes for the count of three.
Open. Why the %^$#@&*?! are there so many yellow boats! I hope that is my yellow boat in the lead and not the one coming around for the retreive boat...

Neil!!!

100% fun for sure...

Joe
oooohhhh!!! S#*^!!! Rick the toaster toasts the bouy in turn one!!!!JUST SAYIN!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 05:26 PM
parshallboatworks

I'll bring a extra trophy I made for our Pattern Event this summer on Sunday.... Make people proud of the trophy they go home with... I made 25 of them and donated to club... the pic and brass plaque wont be on it but....
Rick
Old 01-03-2013, 06:00 PM
Joe Petro

I can remember a couple of races that I had a hard time finishing in Elmira.
I had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard that I could not see...

One was a race where another boat went between us at the start- going the wrong way!

LMMFAO!

Old 01-03-2013, 06:02 PM
Canadian LoCo

Just Sayin...
Great Pic Joe thanks for sharing we had 12 T-Boats registerd for the Ottawa Valley race
last year looks like it will be alot bigger this year since I know a few up here that have been building some.
come on 2013 season.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:03 PM
Canadian LoCo

One was a race where another boat went between us at the start- going the wrong way!

LMMFAO!

LOL Must of been a Quebecer LOL
Old 01-03-2013, 06:06 PM
Canadian LoCo

here are the top five at our race

Thompson, Richard w. 400 300 300 0 300 1300
Larocque, Dave 0 0 350 400 400 1150
Thompson, Richard m. 300 400 400 0 0 1100
Hill, Harvey 25 350 25 400 0 800
White, Luc 250 200 125 50 0 625
Paquet, Claude 0 0 300 0 0 300
Old 01-03-2013, 07:21 PM
parshallboatworks

ORIGINAL: Canadian LoCo

LMMFAO!

LOL Must of been a Quebecer LOL
LOL... That may be me.......Dad allways called me "other right"(with a slap on the head..)or Christopher Columbus(because i took the long way around)or "wrong way" well,you can figure that one out........ I WILL be the one going the wrong way to mix things up... (more challenging turning left...)LOL..... I notice a couple Thompsons in top 5 there Luc...hhhhhmmmmm...Just sayin.... Well, got the night off from ski resort and what am I doing???? buildin skii's.......???????

"Wrong way toaster"...

Old 01-03-2013, 07:34 PM
parshallboatworks

ORIGINAL: Blackout

I'm using FIREFOX not Internet explorer. And I can't get in to SP site Let me try Int explorer.

Useing IExporer

If anyone has ideas on what to add to the website, let me know. So far, it's been the bare necessities. I'm using Front Page 2003 and I'm not so good with it. Still learning.....
Hey Craig, how about putting members rides on website???
BTW.. I couldnt load Bills pic. either.... My computer has been acting dumb all day....
Also... why buy trophies when we can buy materials and I can make some nice oak plaques... then we take pics of all racers on race day and print off then put winners pics on plaque behind plexiglass.. nice brass screws to hold them in place and either have Joe print out class and 1st 2nd and 3rd place on decal or get brass plates engraved.... I am more than happy to donate all I can for club,we would have nicer stuff and not spend big bucks..... Its all about service to others...Just sayin.
Inverted toaster... DNF

Old 01-03-2013, 10:57 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Been there, done that in Open Mono. [X(]

Speaking of trophies. I'm looking for a sample picture of 3 or more boats in a row (not racing) of the same class. Anyone have one? The ones I have found are too small. I need it to fill a 6''x8'' area. It's for the sample plaque that I'm bringing on Sunday.

HJ, do you have one of 1/8 scale hydros??
I have two FG boats, one being refurbished and one being repaired, and five wood hulls in various stages of construction. That covers the scales, but you can add to that three or four sport 40s and a pair of sport 20s. Why do you ask, am I supposed to bring one with me in 2015 or what?
Old 01-04-2013, 04:08 AM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: parshallboatworks

Useing IExporer

BTW.. I couldnt load Bills pic. either.... My computer has been acting dumb all day....
Also... why buy trophies when we can buy materials and I can make some nice oak plaques... then we take pics of all racers on race day and print off then put winners pics on plaque behind plexiglass.. nice brass screws to hold them in place and either have Joe print out class and 1st 2nd and 3rd place on decal or get brass plates engraved.... I am more than happy to donate all I can for club,we would have nicer stuff and not spend big bucks..... Its all about service to others...Just sayin.[img][/img]
Inverted toaster... DNF

Yes, I can upload picures of each member's boats. Send them to me if you want.

Rick, what you describe is pretty much what I am doing. Before the first heat, all racers place their boats in a photo area so they can be photographed for the plaques. We can talk about you doing the plaques on Sunday, but don't worry, there is way more important stuff for you to help out with come spring time.

HJ, I'm looking for a sample picture for the plaque I want to show on Sunday at our meeting. Thought you might have one. The one that I find on the web are too small. I can enlarge in photoshop, but they would become pixelated.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:01 AM
Billk44

Thanks, but I think Bill (Billk44) shot that...
That was a fine day, even though I got my ***** handed to me by the Thompson boys...

All good!

A bad day of racing is still better than a great day at work...

Joe
I did that one Joe. Last year sucked as I had very little time to shoot pics. Going to try and get some dynamite ones at Stony Pond this year during free time. Will share with all. Maybe the website should have a gallery. Good air play for the club.
Bill
Old 01-04-2013, 05:42 AM
parshallboatworks

ORIGINAL: parshallboatworks

Useing IExporer

Also... why buy trophies when we can buy materials and I can make some nice oak plaques... then we take pics of all racers on race day and print off then put winners pics on plaque behind plexiglass.. nice brass screws to hold them in place and either have Joe print out class and 1st 2nd and 3rd place on decal or get brass plates engraved.... I am more than happy to donate all I can for club,we would have nicer stuff and not spend big bucks..... Its all about service to others...Just sayin.[img][/img]
Inverted toaster... DNF

Yes, I can upload picures of each member's boats. Send them to me if you want.

Rick, what you describe is pretty much what I am doing. Before the first heat, all racers place their boats in a photo area so they can be photographed for the plaques. We can talk about you doing the plaques on Sunday, but don't worry, there is way more important stuff for you to help out with come spring time.

HJ, I'm looking for a sample picture for the plaque I want to show on Sunday at our meeting. Thought you might have one. The one that I find on the web are too small. I can enlarge in photoshop, but they would become pixelated.
As the pilots register on the first day,we take a pic. in front of the club banner... The owner and plane in pic along with club name adds a personal touch.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:06 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Craig, I've got some pictures at home that I can send your way that might be usable. I'll post them here in the thread later (probably after 8:00 this evening, your time) and let you take a look
Old 01-04-2013, 06:29 AM
Billk44

I'll get a pic of the custom tank I had made for this.
ORIGINAL: Billk44

Here is the engine loosely mounted. Rubber grommets are out for the time being. Basically the same as all other SG/SGX hulls. Motor mounts are composite and cut to fit.
https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/C:\Users\Billk\Pictures\2012_12_30
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42689.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	1836654  
Old 01-04-2013, 07:09 AM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: Hydro Junkie

Craig, I've got some pictures at home that I can send your way that might be usable. I'll post them here in the thread later (probably after 8:00 this evening, your time) and let you take a look
Sounds good. Thanks.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:14 AM
Blackout

Here is the engine loosely mounted. Rubber grommets are out for the time being. Basically the same as all other SG/SGX hulls. Motor mounts are composite and cut to fit.
C:\Users\Billk\Pictures\2012_12_30
Nice narrow tub for sure! [8D]

Old 01-04-2013, 07:48 AM
advanced builder

C:\Users\Billk\Pictures\2012_12_30
Nice narrow tub for sure! [8D]
Yes that is a tight one.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:33 AM
Billk44

Here is the tank I had made for the rigger.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78583.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	1836682   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xt60351.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	1836683  
Old 01-04-2013, 10:01 AM
parshallboatworks

Here is the tank I had made for the rigger.
Nice job on the rigger.. And cool tank,guess for a hull that narrow, you had to make a custom tank!!Looks good Bill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.