Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 5 of 162 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

OK lets get her done.My .21 build is still setting. I've been trying to keep her light. skimping on the epoxy. but still lots of weights. It goes together fast. My truck race will slow down. when I get my hull. We are getting some snow now. coming down pretty good for a while. I love my new snow blower. I got a mound. I did knock some ice & snow off the edge. This is heavy stuff.
    Stoney Pond Model Boat Club, Canandaigua, NY
    International racer
    http://neilsrcsite.shutterfly.com/

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My AC boat came in. The .21 lighting cat . I started to build the radio box . 4 " rails I have all the rest of the hardware. A green head CMB .21 with a Speedmaster mount. that's where to start. getting my drive line right. The brass stuffing tube need to exit the hull just ahead of the radio box. Or 1/2 way from the strut /coupler distance. The hull needs painting. I should start there first. but I hate painting!!! No pics until I paint. The hull is shorter than the MM18 by, looks like 2 " But is wider by a 1 5/8" also higher The color , needs to be bright. Orange or red I have. The Syracuse Orange ,can't go wrong . the bottom will stay white.
    International racer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sounds good!

I hate painting too, thats why I brushed on some red Klass Kote on my Speedmaster 45.

I have my Seaducer now and while the fiberglass work looks good, the gel coat finish is not as nice as my AC Model Nitro Cat, Vision Craft tunnel, and Speedmaster 45.

Looking to get a Kubota MX5100 tractor and backhoe to help finish up the landscaping around the pond. I need to move allot of dirt to fill in a muddy low area and I want to plant trees on the west side to protect the pond from the high prevailing winds. Kubota has 0% for 60 months. I was looking to get a timing system, not going to happen with a new tractor. I have always wanted a loader/backhoe, I borrow my brother's every year for a couple weeks, but that's a pain. After trying to back blade all this snow with my 2-wheel drive John Deere, I figure it's time for a 4 wheel drive tractor with loader. I looked into a loader for the JD, but the front end really is not rated for heavy loader work...
    Craig Mapstone, IMPBA #20305S, Stony Pond Model Boat Club
    2012 D1 20 Hydro Champion

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

them Kabota's are a good machine. I'm sure you can put it to work. I use a paint sprayer but I need to vent the garage when I spray. Warmer weather coming soon.
    International racer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So 12 hours after I post that I hope to get a Kubota, my wife tells me that there could be more teacher cuts at her school; she is a math teacher. [] She has only been working there for 3 years, so she could be one of the first to go... I guess I'll have to wait to confirm that she'll be teaching next year. I'm sure she'll be fine. It will be too wet to move dirt in the early spring anyways...

Funny thing is if the union agreed on a 1 year pay increase freeze for all school workers, no jobs would be lost at all. Sounds like the right way to go, but the union does not like that idea...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

better keep the wife happy. i have a few transducer that I put on my trucks for lap counting. I'm ready at my end
    International racer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: advanced builder

better keep the wife happy. i have a few transducer that I put on my trucks for lap counting. I'm ready at my end
    What brand of lap counter do they use at your truck track? That is an option, but I would have to run a wire across the pond and I would rather not. It would get in the way with the other water sports. (Yamaha Super Jet (Stand Up Jet Ski)) [X(]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I need to CK that one out.Craig I was just bragging about the NIB transmitter flysky-cn.com at $46.00 .They sell that same one for $35.00 http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-gt3b-carradio-lcd.html
    International racer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I need to CK that one out.Craig I was just bragging about the NIB transmitter flysky-cn.com at $46.00 .They sell that same one for $35.00 http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-gt3b-carradio-lcd.html
    How is that even possible! [X(] I have servos that cost more than that.... I wouldn't trust it on a boat, but a truck, who cares...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That hobbypartz has some servos for all applications. prices aren't bad. I usually get my servos from servo city. I sent a Email to Bob no response back. I wonder if somethings is the matter. I have his number I 'll call. Our spring thaw didn't last long. Both my gutters are in need of attentions. The Ice done some damage to a few scrubs as well as the back deck. What about this for the .21 lighting cat
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ig12935.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	112.6 KB 
ID:	1566377  
    International racer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey guys - just waiting for the snow to melt Hope all is well with you both - looks like you've been busy. I've been working on the boat transportation (the Jeep grenaded). I'll be out of hiberation soon.

Bob

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I better keep to the regular setup on the lighting cat. Glad to talk to you prop. I'm sick of the hibernation. But today I will, North winds blowing We get Spring early Phil didn't see his shadow. [X(]
    International racer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That hobbypartz has some servos for all applications. prices aren't bad. I usually get my servos from servo city. I sent a Email to Bob no response back. I wonder if somethings is the matter. I have his number I 'll call. Our spring thaw didn't last long. Both my gutters are in need of attentions. The Ice done some damage to a few scrubs as well as the back deck. What about this for the .21 lighting cat
    Looks good, but would you want the rudder on the right? Probably wouldn't matter for handling on a cat, but it makes removing the prop flex shaft easier.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah,i agree.If not for the snow thrower OMG.Forget it.Our drive way is about 80' then another 60' to 70' to the house,with out that thing,it would take all day with a shovel.It takes about a 1/2 hr to do the whole thing right,around the tank,motor home,drive way,walk way and so on effortlesly.The steps require about 10min with the shovel,done......The pic is the back yard,i wish it were a pond that size.

Name:	Tr51608.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	68.2 KB 
ID:	1567699  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

looks like you got a herd, deer herd, Na
    International racer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah,i think there was like 13,my camera is terrible though.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

nitroholic , I'm upgrading my .21 cat hull I have 2 extra MM18 cats that I'm not going to use any more. If your planing on running RC boats, I got some stuff for you ,If you want. It's not all setup like the pic ,but I may have a old K&B .21

Name:	sq48112.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	1568080   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ni24799.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	1568081  
    International racer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah,that would be awesome,this way maybey i can build one,let me know what you're asking,cause the more the better,i have some electric to,transmitter and reciever.Thanks.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OK ,sounds good ,I have no strut . You'll need a Areomarine Strut , rudder comes with the hull, mount, Only one cover the old one went down deep. I also have a old Futaba FM system ,you'll need servos. $50.00 for all We can do a 1/2 way run. Cortland is semi 1/2 way Let me strip down that hull I'm free Thursday - Fri or next week some time.
    International racer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Take your time,iwas thinking maybe something somewhat different,so we'll definitly keep in touch.How much would all of it weigh,you think? See right now i'm car-less,so i would have to either get a ride from my sister in law,or my brother.She doesn't work.My brother's only days off are on Thursdays and Sunday's.So more then likely if i pay her,she'd be the one to bring me.That's why i say take your time.I'll call her in the morning.I myself unfortunitly no longer work either,yrs ago bad crash,motor cycle,drink and bikes realllllly don't mix.It sucks,sometimes.I don't know anything besides iron work,so they said i can't do that.But as far as drinking,i'm just glad to be done with it.I love to drink but i'm the kind that can't stop,some can on ocasion,i just can't..So i'll be back on here in the morning.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Na, I got 20+ years in as ironworker until my back gave out. I don't miss the work I do miss the guys. That seems such a long time ago. I still weld some , just for friends. My knees act up. too many bar joist welding. Your always banging a knee on the job. Been over 20 yr's on the " LIVING LIFE BUY THE DROP. I got a lot of inspiration from Stevie Ray Vaughan. I don't even think about drinking any more. Doctor's orders. I'm ready to setup my lighting cat . A hole in the bottom. of a new boat. holes in the transome. [] I still haven't painted
    PS I used Sig resin micro-balloons & fiberglass cloth for strength. no not sanded out yet

Name:	sp45139.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	1569097   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kf14371.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	1569098   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sx63056.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	2.19 MB 
ID:	1569099  
    International racer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah,that's cool.Yeah,i don't even have a yr in yet,sometime at the end of sep will be a yr since alcohol,pain killers,pot,i was out of control.The reason i say our motor home,is cause when i lived alone in NY,i was in that apartment 5yrs did nothing but get wrecked everyday.Wound up back in the er on my death bed.So i moved back into my parents in PA,cause it's a clean envirnment.It's embarising being just under 40,but i have more then i ever had in that apt,pissing it all away.It's actually their motor home,so we do go to NY and stuff,all over.They suspended my account here rcu did.I guess i have to re do something,i don't know.Hope to see some videos of you and your boats,if summer ever gets here.I'm gonna have my sister in law recording my brother and i with my MVD,see if i can get it on you tube,then show it here.In time.Couple more months it should be pretty decent out.I agree i miss the guy's where i worked to down in DE.Company named Eagle Erectors,we use to party,i could never do all that again,no sleep 10 to 12hrs a day,you know.Lots of OT big checks.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I went to AA for a few years. That really helped me. I grew up in a drinking environment, naturally you do the same. Until the bottom fell out. It's hereditary, Drinking abuse on both sides of my family Tree. People places and things, are the triggers. Native Americans and booze don't mix. My mother's father dies at 40 , sclerosis of the liver. I have that in my blood line.
    International racer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

40,man that's ashame.I'm almost 40,and i'm in the last stage of sirocec,any wrong toxin i ingest will kill me,one drink wil send my liver into shock (fry it) ,it would be like running straight methonal alcohol with no lubricant through one of our small engines,it would fry it.The problem is, that's fixable, our bodies aren't,we just dead..It's crazy all them yrs never really knowing all of it is gonna catch up in the worst ways..Sucks.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I 'm waiting for my 4 "rudder, today I hope Gotta stop snowing someday the heavy wet stuff is back
    International racer

Page 5 of 162 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast