Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Central NEW YORK boaters

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Central NEW YORK boaters

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 03:28 PM
Proboat 772

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

Craig,

Do you have an account in the name of Stoney Pond Model Boat Club? Or should donation check be made out to you.

Thanks,
Dick
Old 06-28-2012, 04:08 PM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: Proboat 772

Craig,

Do you have an account in the name of Stoney Pond Model Boat Club? Or should donation check be made out to you.

Thanks,
Dick
I opened an account, but it's in my name, so just write the check to me. Thanks!
Old 07-03-2012, 09:32 AM
engineman351

Wow!!! Everyone must be busy getting ready for the 4th!! No comments on the Elmira fray last weekend?? Craig, what happened to your tunnel??? I have been tied up with getting the full size boat carb rebuilt. I got that done Sunday so our guests can get a boat ride or two over the 4th. Meanwhile...I rebuilt the carb and put one of Joe's SS pipes on my Thunderboat. I will probably not test until next Thursday (7/12) at Stony Pond. My son, Tom, has dragged out our 'Homie' powered Crackerboxes, so we will be running those soon too. I am not sure I can fit the T-Boat and two Crackerboxes in my truck!! Everyone have a nice holiday!! Roger
Old 07-03-2012, 10:10 AM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: engineman351

Wow!!! Everyone must be busy getting ready for the 4th!! No comments on the Elmira fray last weekend?? Craig, what happened to your tunnel??? I have been tied up with getting the full size boat carb rebuilt. I got that done Sunday so our guests can get a boat ride or two over the 4th. Meanwhile...I rebuilt the carb and put one of Joe's SS pipes on my Thunderboat. I will probably not test until next Thursday (7/12) at Stony Pond. My son, Tom, has dragged out our 'Homie' powered Crackerboxes, so we will be running those soon too. I am not sure I can fit the T-Boat and two Crackerboxes in my truck!! Everyone have a nice holiday!! Roger
Hey Roger!

I stuffed my tunnel twice at Brick Pond. Hard to say what caused it. One time was on lap 6; that always sucks. I think maybe I should add some weight to the nose, as I have none right now and everyone else seems to add some....

My gas mono is waking up. It needed more cooling, and the larger lines did the trick.

My 20 hydro was off needle all weekend, but I was able to finish most of the heats, just at 20 tunnel speeds. A 3rd channel mixture control is going in.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:40 AM
advanced builder

ORIGINAL: engineman351

I had a hard time with my needles setting I did nothing
Old 07-03-2012, 03:50 PM
Joe Petro
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All of my stuff ran good.
everyone's gas stuff ran very good...

Lost an engine to a plugged water line (mud) and it only took 3 heats to figure out that the new radio in the outboard outrigger was wacked.
Other than that, it was skill (or lack of such) that kept me down...

I had a great time, even the trip to Outback wasn't all bad [>:] (even though I woke up in a ditch with a cracked rib, an eye patch and a tattoo)...

Can't wait till the next race...

Joe
Old 07-03-2012, 04:12 PM
Canadian LoCo

Nice ot see that you guys had a great time this weekend.
would be nice to see some of you at the Northern Light's Open on the 7/8th of July
has of now they have 152 boats registerd should be a great show 4 sure
if you plan on going you can sign up at this link.
http://www.rcracingevents.com/cgi-bin/browseraces.pl

hope to see you there.
Regards
Luc
Old 07-03-2012, 05:37 PM
Proboat 772

Re: Elmira Race

Rick and I ran well in Thunderboat, but Ricks Whip needs to have some testing to resolve some ride attitude and engine issues. We'll probably look to get to the pond next week.

I've got a new 28.5 Zen that I'm going to test in my Thunderboat - should be interesting!!

Dick
Old 07-03-2012, 07:39 PM
advanced builder

A 3rd channel needle ,Craig your raising the bar again. Which is cool. After seeing Tim blow by my rigger, I'll be needing one next season. I will see his rigger this weekend.[] I need to get the one in the .45 working properly. I ran the .45 once Friday when I got to Elmira, it ran very strong. Sat/ Sunday my needles were off way off It will be the same thing in London Ont I need to trust the Boris meter. MORE.
I can't depend on hearing to set the needles. Unless Bob is close as he's got a good ear. He called and he got his enhanced license.
Went out in the boat at night to watch fireworks on Oneida Lake. It rained. 1/2 soaked 1/2 damp. still a good time. I'm going to take my gas Vee out to the lake and play ,today Props to test. and setup
Old 07-04-2012, 03:57 AM
Billk44

ORIGINAL: Joe Petro

All of my stuff ran good.
everyone's gas stuff ran very good...

Lost an engine to a plugged water line (mud) and it only took 3 heats to figure out that the new radio in the outboard outrigger was wacked.
Other than that, it was skill (or lack of such) that kept me down...

I had a great time, even the trip to Outback wasn't all bad [>:] (even though I woke up in a ditch with a cracked rib, an eye patch and a tattoo)...

Can't wait till the next race...

Joe
We heard about the Outback adventure . Have to tell you, that tip on how to fill gas bags without getting air was great. You listen, you learn - thanks.
Old 07-04-2012, 05:38 AM
Joe Petro

Thanks Bill.

Old 07-04-2012, 05:45 AM
Joe Petro

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzIYtFjwECE[/youtube]
Old 07-04-2012, 11:09 AM
advanced builder

ORIGINAL: Canadian LoCo

Nice ot see that you guys had a great time this weekend.
would be nice to see some of you at the Northern Light's Open on the 7/8th of July
has of now they have 152 boats registerd should be a great show 4 sure
if you plan on going you can sign up at this link.
http://www.rcracingevents.com/cgi-bin/browseraces.pl

hope to see you there.
Regards
Luc
After using that to" sign up" ,Pete could free up more of his time if we all used the system.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:36 PM
Canadian LoCo

June Rosstertail go read it's out.
http://www.impba.net/attachments/article/152/J12JJ.pdf
Old 07-08-2012, 01:44 PM
gassertom

Northern Lights RC Race is in the record books - as you can see from the attached, the Stony Pond RC Members who were here had a great time.
[youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APl4G...&feature=g-upl[/youtube]
Old 07-08-2012, 01:47 PM
gassertom

Here's a second vid of Bob getting his 2nd place trophy for LSG Mono. You'll see the tradition of what happens when it's your first trophy.
Bob was the only one of us to win a trophy, but Neil and Tommy and I won a bunch of raffle prizes.
Tom and Cindy

[youtube][/youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YdTv...&feature=g-upl
Old 07-08-2012, 01:56 PM
advanced builder

Bob propcircles, is bring home a trophy. His vector came in 2nd and YES he took the plunge. Any new trophy winner -has to get wet. Norther lights rules. The best I could do was with my 45 rigger .I got a 7th place Finnish. Luc White got a trophy for the best looking scale hull. He left 5 min before the award. One of the Ottawa guy's will bring it to Luc.. The heat got too all of us. Tom and Cindy were having a ball. 155 HULLS RUNNING. We met lots of drivers. I picked up another hull,yup got me a gas whip. I won $250 in the tickets. and a won 6 other prizes. So I'm happy. Mike and Kathy were next to us We all helped each other out. Torby had his thunderboat running strong. We all are coming home in the morning. Big indy car race in Toronto this weekend so customs is packed.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:34 PM
Blackout

Congrats Bob!! That's fantastic!! [8D]
Old 07-08-2012, 08:35 PM
Canadian LoCo

I would like to say thanks to all that made it to this race you guys are the best OHHHH what a great time it was.
and like Neil said holyyyyyyyyyyy HOT 4 sure it was, I have some great pic's of you guys that i will
be posting when i get them all uploaded.

just got home about 1hr ago now time for bed.
talk to you all soon.

Reagrds
Luc
Old 07-09-2012, 04:48 AM
engineman351

I hope everyone had a nice holiday week!!. I had too many family committments to make it to Stony Pond but I did help my grandson with his Traxxas Blast. He ran it at the cottage on Keuka Lake. For 6 years old he is quickly getting the hang of controlling the direction and can pretty much get it to go where he wants. What a tough little boat...great for beginners. He was jumping waves that I wouldn't tackle on the Jet Ski!!! I got Joe's pipe on my Thunderboat and hope to test it at Stony Pond some night this week. I am waiting to get the Ottawa report!! Roger
Old 07-09-2012, 06:30 AM
Blackout

Does rcracingevents have results posted? I found where to sign up. But, under race results, Northern Lights is not listed as a club.

Thanks.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:21 AM
advanced builder

ORIGINAL: Blackout

Does rcracingevents have results posted? I found where to sign up. But, under race results, Northern Lights is not listed as a club.

Thanks.
I think they do that Craig.
I sweated out 50 gal of water but ate 50 lbs of food. 5mins from the race site is all kinds of action and restaurants. We raced hard
Old 07-09-2012, 03:32 PM
Proboat 772

Sounds like everyone had a great time at the London Race - congratulations to Bob on his 2nd place trophy..

Graig,

Is the pond available Wednesday or Friday this week? Rick and I would like to do some testing.

Anyone else up for some testing??

Thanks,
Dick Thompson
Old 07-09-2012, 04:12 PM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: Proboat 772

Sounds like everyone had a great time at the London Race - congratulations to Bob on his 2nd place trophy..

Graig,

Is the pond available Wednesday or Friday this week? Rick and I would like to do some testing.

Anyone else up for some testing??

Thanks,
Dick Thompson
Yes, it is available. Let me know roughly what times and days so that I can let my kids know. Thanks.

Pond is down 6". Not too bad since we are in a pretty good drought. The island is starting to show, we'll need to dig that out a little more. Neil has his ramp back!
Old 07-09-2012, 07:10 PM
Proboat 772

Craig,

I'll talk to Rick and get back to you tomorrow

Thanks,
Dick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.