Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Central NEW YORK boaters

Old 08-14-2012, 07:25 PM
parshallboatworks

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

told ya i had itchy bank finger..lol... bought it,hope it is a good choice.
Quote:
ORIGINAL: rickyak55

OPS Marine 45 Complete Engine with Exhaust *IN STOCK*

OPS Marine 45 Complete Engine with Exhaust. OPS MARINE 7.5cc/.45 engine is a very popular either for competition or sport, this engine is very rugged with lots of power at both ends and comes with rotary carburetor and double bushed con-rod Displacement = 7.5cc/.45 Speed range = 6000-24000 Power = 2.6hp Weight = 465gr ABC Piston liner assembly
Click To Enlarge
Old 08-15-2012, 02:51 AM
Blackout

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Should work good! You'll need a flex coupler if you run a flex cable instead of a solid shaft.

I like the Octura flex couplers. Dan's may even have one or try.... Not sure the threads on a OPS. Roger might know.

www.rocketcityracing.com
Old 08-15-2012, 03:59 AM
Billk44

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:

told ya i had itchy bank finger..lol... bought it,hope it is a good choice.
Quote:

OPS Marine 45 Complete Engine with Exhaust *IN STOCK*

OPS Marine 45 Complete Engine with Exhaust. OPS MARINE 7.5cc/.45 engine is a very popular either for competition or sport, this engine is very rugged with lots of power at both ends and comes with rotary carburetor and double bushed con-rod Displacement = 7.5cc/.45 Speed range = 6000-24000 Power = 2.6hp Weight = 465gr ABC Piston liner assembly
/images/OPS%2045.jpg
[img][/img]
Click To Enlarge
Rick,
I strongly suggest you join the IntlWaters.com forum. They can help quite a bit with nitro. You also find motors for sale there from reputable folks. OPS parts are going more difficult to find if you need them. US importer is no longer there. Tom Galdys (from Elmira club) had many OPS engines and parts for sale and it would be wise to hook up with him. Just a hit on the larger motors: newer motors use needle roller bearings on the conrod and not bushings.

Bill
Old 08-15-2012, 04:41 AM
advanced builder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Rick
I have spare .67 Picco's 4 of em. I can let one go CHEAP .Going to big nitro, costs $. My .67 CMB cat uses 18 OZ per heat. Craig had a 90 OS and he found out about nitro costs. He runs gas in the hull now. The .45 size engine isn't too bad. That Vee hull I showed you will run a .45
A guy had 2 .45 CMB used for sale $150 for both. On the IW just last week.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:54 AM
Billk44

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Neil,
Great point about fuel consumption. My MAC67 cat used 20+ ounces. Quick but expensive.
Bill
Old 08-15-2012, 05:46 AM
Blackout

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The bigger nitro motors work well with lower nitro %, so that is an option to save money. But a .45 should not be too bad with fuel consumption. My .90 was rediculous.... The O.S. 46 vx-m is a good motor too, but it needs a 180 degree header. I have this engine in my Speedmaster mono and it will run 52 mph all day long with a stock X450/3 prop.

Yes, go on Intlwater Waters for nitro parts. The best bang for your buck is a $215 Novarossi .21 5-port from Glenn Quarles on IW and then install it in a Zippkit .21 rigger and you'll have a ton of fun!!
Old 08-15-2012, 07:12 AM
engineman351

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ricky...OPS 45 uses 1/4-28 thread flex coupler...Octura part no: OCFHO4518 for .187 shaft; part no: OCFHO4525 for .250 shaft. Here is a pdf of the Octura catalog: http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/dow...%20Catalog.pdf I may have a .187 one if you need one. Roger
Old 08-15-2012, 12:05 PM
advanced builder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Roger I think I'm close to 20 oz full on my cat. I still love semi big nitro. I gotta go pic tomatoes ,were canning. Pickles are done. I help my brother out. I'm the skinner & picker. I wasn't happy with pipe length on the .45 rigger. So here I go chopping pipes. Glenn's new .45 header is nice as they get.
Tom the water cooled .21 header was on E-bay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-AquaCraf...item43adb09f18
Old 08-15-2012, 02:54 PM
parshallboatworks

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

.67,,,,hmmmmmmm then i will need a bigger rigger....lol
Quote:
ORIGINAL: advanced builder

Rick
I have spare .67 Picco's 4 of em. I can let one go CHEAP .Going to big nitro, costs $. My .67 CMB cat uses 18 OZ per heat. Craig had a 90 OS and he found out about nitro costs. He runs gas in the hull now. The .45 size engine isn't too bad. That Vee hull I showed you will run a .45
A guy had 2 .45 CMB used for sale $150 for both. On the IW just last week.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:16 PM
gassertom

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Neil - thanks for the info on the water cooled header - have a few things I want to try before spending $'s. Will keep it in mind.
Anyone going to the pond Sunday?
T&C
Old 08-15-2012, 03:30 PM
parshallboatworks

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

thanks guys... lots of helpful info...
neil, i am interested in the .67... but will have to get bigger platform...
craig, i was on zippkits site last night... the 21 rigger would probably be a good fit for my K&B .21.. but i want a tuned pipe for it also... after seeing and hearing the pipes on sunday, i need one!!!
roger, the info will be helpful,thanks for the pdf alot of good info, i got the ops &pipe for the rigger i already have,just need to get it painted and set up. the rigger has a short tube so i dont think i can run a flex shaft without ripping it out of hull..?? assume i have to run a straight shaft... p.s. i perfer to be called rick... thanks... enough talk i want my boats in the water...
Old 08-15-2012, 07:16 PM
parshallboatworks

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Blackout

The bigger nitro motors work well with lower nitro %, so that is an option to save money. But a .45 should not be too bad with fuel consumption. My .90 was rediculous.... The O.S. 46 vx-m is a good motor too, but it needs a 180 degree header. I have this engine in my Speedmaster mono and it will run 52 mph all day long with a stock X450/3 prop.

Yes, go on Intlwater Waters for nitro parts. The best bang for your buck is a $215 Novarossi .21 5-port from Glenn Quarles on IW and then install it in a Zippkit .21 rigger and you'll have a ton of fun!!
went back to zippkit and ordered the .21 rigger and hardware package... will retire the pay-n-pak and slide the K&B.21 in it!! should be here in a few days... now i need a pipe... any suggestions??
Old 08-16-2012, 02:49 AM
Blackout

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: gassertom

Neil - thanks for the info on the water cooled header - have a few things I want to try before spending $'s. Will keep it in mind.
Anyone going to the pond Sunday?
T&C
I can run Sunday. Saturday is good too. I'll be around both days.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:55 AM
engineman351

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I am planning on running tonight (Thurs) but I have to drop off a customer's boat on Canandaigua Lake first...so I may not be there until 6:30 or so. More T-boat and a .21 tunnel testing . Roger
Old 08-16-2012, 10:04 AM
Blackout

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Roger, I'll see you tonight. Moving more dirt....

Here is our new URL....

www.stonypond.net
Old 08-17-2012, 06:55 AM
gassertom

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Lexan. Where yo buy?

Tom
Old 08-17-2012, 06:56 AM
gassertom

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Lexan. Where yo buy?

Tom
Old 08-17-2012, 06:58 AM
engineman351

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

We got to see the new guys in action last night!! Charlie's big Aeromarine mono ran really well. It was pretty well 'aired out' for a large hull!! Rick dusted off (literally!!) a 45 Outboard mono. After a few needle adjustments (mucho richer!!) it was making laps around the buoys. Great looking hull. My son Tom wheeled our Thunderboat and Gas Sport Hydro's for a few tankfuls (Tom only collected one buoy. That's a low count for him!!). He did a great job driving the Gas Sport Hydro and had it cook'in. He did have one spin trying to keep it from blowing off down the back straight. The '360' rivaled Neils Rigger spin a few weeks ago!! We threw in the Cobra2 with OS power for a few runs too. It just seems a lot slower that the VS1 and TS3 efforts earlier. I noticed that it is spraying quite a bit of water off the right sponson from mid ship back. That might be an indication that the prop torque is rolling the hull bit to the right. We were using an X437/3. I think we need a weekend day to use the setup board and test a series of props to see if we can free it up. Roger
Old 08-17-2012, 07:04 AM
engineman351

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Tom, For radio box covers?? Dan's usually has some in stock. (labeled polycarbonate). I think I use the .080 thickness. Roger
Old 08-17-2012, 02:13 PM
advanced builder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Tom we also use Walmart back to school clip board,you get colors. It works better than Lextan ,cutting wise.
Craig I like the site. http://www.vpmcobras.com/stonypond.htm
Old 08-17-2012, 03:23 PM
parshallboatworks

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Idusted off the vintage RCM PLANS scratch built "ski vee" alright...lol.. you forgot to mention the 3 or 4 bouys i dusted off too...thanks for the help you with the tip to richen and craigs hints about raising the engine and the trim tabs that hang a bit below the hull... should be able to get up next time. was fun bouncing off bouys!!! imagine how many i can hit with a fast boat.. lol. plus i am looking at futabas 3pm-x at tower.. dans have any in stock?? also my new jae .21 kit came today!!!!! yaaaah!! thanks zippkits looks like an all nighter is at hand, need to speed up dry times so i can run er..
Quote:
ORIGINAL: engineman351

We got to see the new guys in action last night!! Charlie's big Aeromarine mono ran really well. It was pretty well 'aired out' for a large hull!! Rick dusted off (literally!!) a 45 Outboard mono. After a few needle adjustments (mucho richer!!) it was making laps around the buoys. Great looking hull. My son Tom wheeled our Thunderboat and Gas Sport Hydro's for a few tankfuls (Tom only collected one buoy. That's a low count for him!!). He did a great job driving the Gas Sport Hydro and had it cook'in. He did have one spin trying to keep it from blowing off down the back straight. The '360' rivaled Neils Rigger spin a few weeks ago!! We threw in the Cobra2 with OS power for a few runs too. It just seems a lot slower that the VS1 and TS3 efforts earlier. I noticed that it is spraying quite a bit of water off the right sponson from mid ship back. That might be an indication that the prop torque is rolling the hull bit to the right. We were using an X437/3. I think we need a weekend day to use the setup board and test a series of props to see if we can free it up. Roger
Old 08-18-2012, 06:05 AM
advanced builder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Rick are you running Sunday? I'll bring a box of goodies. I have the original box for the Vee hull. All stamped out.So one can build another hull. I also have 2 Dumas Hawks .21 riggers. But I see your a Zip man already. The hawk was a good rigger until the JAE came along. Free to you if you want em. Joe Petro has some plywood sheets that are 2nds .They may have a plug in the ply. You need to talk to him.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:37 AM
parshallboatworks

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i plan to do some mods to ancient mono and try again sunday today would be nice, but we are taking kids to roseland waterpark for bristol mountain employee day... will be late afternoon by the time we get out of there... throw the .67s in box too if you want i will check them out. thanks for the support you guys are great... look forward to meeting more of the club and runnin some of that 50% craig has... maby i can get the hull out of the water a bit more.. see ya sunday... i am a while away from being a "zipp man" lol... have been a dumas man for a while..
Quote:
ORIGINAL: advanced builder

Rick are you running Sunday? I'll bring a box of goodies. I have the original box for the Vee hull. All stamped out.So one can build another hull. I also have 2 Dumas Hawks .21 riggers. But I see your a Zip man already. The hawk was a good rigger until the JAE came along. Free to you if you want em. Joe Petro has some plywood sheets that are 2nds .They may have a plug in the ply. You need to talk to him.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:34 PM
Canadian LoCo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

hello guys hope you have your boats all setup our main event
is coming fast.
WE HAVE AS OF NOW 41 DRIVERS WITH 92 BOATS READY TO RACE.

ONLY 10 DAYS LEFT TO REGISTER.
P.S we have some classes that are close to being full.
see you all here soon.

http://www.rcracingevents.com/cgi-bin/browseraces.pl

Regards
Luc W.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:33 PM
Blackout

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Canadian LoCo

hello guys hope you have your boats all setup our main event
is coming fast.
WE HAVE AS OF NOW 41 DRIVERS WITH 92 BOATS READY TO RACE.

ONLY 10 DAYS LEFT TO REGISTER.
P.S we have some classes that are close to being full.
see you all here soon.

http://www.rcracingevents.com/cgi-bin/browseraces.pl

Regards
Luc W.
My 3 boats are ready. I'm not running them until the Ottawa race. I don't want to break anything. I ran my Speedmaster 45 today and that boat is always fun to run. The engine started right up and ran on the same plug as I used last year.

Search this Thread