Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Central NEW YORK boaters

Old 08-24-2012, 07:52 AM
tomstoys2

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

Hey Guys,
I have a PS295 hull I purchased in the spring that I am planning to build this winter. Below is the original thread from the designer/builder Mike that I bought it from. One of my friends in Buffalo has one and is still getting it dialed in. We are running them with OS lower units and UL-1 motor/esc on 4s. I'm sure it would take the Proboat outboard. I would be happy to bring it out if you want to take a look at it. Really nice hulls but not cheap.
This is the build thread.
http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ototype-tunnel

Tom
Old 08-24-2012, 09:22 AM
HeliDrop

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I'm not an IW member. I can't handle all the subscriptions for all my current hobbies. I just got a puppy and haven't found time to read on how to care for a puppy! 

I like fast but not competitive fast. I like to pull the trigger, chase geese, laugh at close calls and hang them up for another day's use. If I wasn't into so many other things I'd probably be 100% into the racing scene. These are a lot of fun and I enjoy watching this thread to see what you guys are into.

Tom, 
Thanks for chiming in. I'm not a regular part of the crew and probably wont work on this much until the winter. I'll definitely take a look at the thread you linked and ask any questions. Thanks!

Eric
Old 08-24-2012, 09:50 AM
Blackout

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: HeliDrop

I'm not an IW member. I can't handle all the subscriptions for all my current hobbies. I just got a puppy and haven't found time to read on how to care for a puppy!

I like fast but not competitive fast. I like to pull the trigger, chase geese, laugh at close calls and hang them up for another day's use. If I wasn't into so many other things I'd probably be 100% into the racing scene. These are a lot of fun and I enjoy watching this thread to see what you guys are into.

Tom,
Thanks for chiming in. I'm not a regular part of the crew and probably wont work on this much until the winter. I'll definitely take a look at the thread you linked and ask any questions. Thanks!

Eric
Understood.

Keep in mind you can find good deals on used hulls on IW's. Just sayin....

And there is a good pinned thead on getting started in FE Outboard tunnels....

Old 08-24-2012, 10:09 AM
advanced builder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

http://youtu.be/BBmeBALUTZA
Old 08-24-2012, 10:37 AM
Canadian LoCo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hello My good U.S.A friends well in 7 days we are all going to be at the event [8D]
as of now we have Entries: 46 racers, 104 boats.
WOW WTG D1 Members just think at the London Race they had 160 Boats but this was a D1 - D2 Race.

anyways talk to you guys all soon if any of you are sitting on the fence about comming to our event
you still have time to register @ http://www.rcracingevents.com/cgi-bin/browseraces.pl Look for

THE 2ND ANNUAL THUNDER IN THE VALLEY SUMMER CLASSIC

see you all soon
Regards
Luc
Old 08-24-2012, 11:11 AM
Blackout

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Canadian LoCo

Hello My good U.S.A friends well in 7 days we are all going to be at the event [8D]
WOW WTG D1 Members just think at the London Race they had 160 Boats but this was a D1 - D2 Race.

anyways talk to you guys all soon if any of you are sitting on the fence about comming to our event
you still have time to register @ http://www.rcracingevents.com/cgi-bin/browseraces.pl Look for

see you all soon
Regards
Luc
Team Stony Pond hopes to get there around noon or so. It's going to be a fun time no matter how I drive or my boats run.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:07 PM
HeliDrop

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks Craig. maybe I will search around on there.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:50 PM
Canadian LoCo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Blackout

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Canadian LoCo

see you all soon
Regards
Luc
Team Stony Pond hopes to get there around noon or so. It's going to be a fun time no matter how I drive or my boats run.
Yup it's a about great times with friends that's what i think I dont care if I win our not[8D]
Old 08-24-2012, 01:57 PM
advanced builder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Most often you see guys selling a good hull after the season. They just want a new hull, nothing wrong with the old one a ding here and a scratch their. I got most of my hulls at the races. Usually they just get tired of running a hull class. I'm all over Vees cats riggers gas nitro. And my newest hull No tunnels or Cracker box.
https://picasaweb.google.com/1005615...eat=directlink
Old 08-24-2012, 03:52 PM
parshallboatworks

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi Craig,
Isent a pm to glen at top motors, he messaged me right back.... i called tonight and we chatted for a while,cool guy!! my new 5port nova rossi .21,2 collets,header assy,and pipe w/silencer and i also got the carb mod,... is paid and will be in mail from texas soon!! thanks.. iw is pretty cool,just figuring out how to get around on it... now i will go pick up the K&B .21 and pipe,header,collet and some other parts for the K&B and i will have a couple boats ready to fly!!lol..
thanks again, Rick P.

Old 08-24-2012, 04:50 PM
Blackout

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: rickyak55

Hi Craig,
Isent a pm to glen at top motors, he messaged me right back.... i called tonight and we chatted for a while,cool guy!! my new 5port nova rossi .21,2 collets,header assy,and pipe w/silencer and i also got the carb mod,... is paid and will be in mail from texas soon!! thanks.. iw is pretty cool,just figuring out how to get around on it... now i will go pick up the K&B .21 and pipe,header,collet and some other parts for the K&B and i will have a couple boats ready to fly!!lol..
thanks again, Rick P.

That NR will do you well. Mine has been trouble free for 2.5 seasons and has won some races too.

Did Glenn tell you that you need a remote needle with his carb mod? He removes the fixed factory needle and the low speed. No big deal, just something else to buy. They are pretty cheap unless you buy an O.S. needle, which is what I do.

Old 08-24-2012, 05:03 PM
Blackout

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

This is the .21 remote needle I like....

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCU32&P=7

Edit: Dan's Crafts and Things can order that needle and have it in a few days. That's where I got mine.

Old 08-24-2012, 05:13 PM
parshallboatworks

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

glen told me and i ordered it... he set me up w/ everything i need!! are standard servos still good for rudder? i have some mighty mini hs/mg hiteks i had in hydro..(hs85mg+) are they ok or should i use the stds? kinda at a stop on the build till new n/r shows up.. moving on to servo install and can build sponsons i guess.. prob. build the skii too...guess i could also do rudder..? i saw those seaducers in iw.. nice.. kinda like the hydros myself.. have to find somthing for the .45 ops.. its sittin here in box waiting for a home....also got the .67 from neil, that needs a home too...lol
thanks, RICK P.
Old 08-25-2012, 05:18 AM
advanced builder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I'm using the Hitec 85mg or 82mg throttle & 3rd channel For the rudder I like the 225mg on the .21 &.45 rigger http://www.hitecrcd.com/products/ana.../hs-225mg.html
Were looking for light & small. I personally don't like Futaba servos Here is another site http://www.servocity.com/
Old 08-25-2012, 06:27 AM
Blackout

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:

glen told me and i ordered it... he set me up w/ everything i need!! are standard servos still good for rudder? i have some mighty mini hs/mg hiteks i had in hydro..(hs85mg+) are they ok or should i use the stds? kinda at a stop on the build till new n/r shows up.. moving on to servo install and can build sponsons i guess.. prob. build the skii too...guess i could also do rudder..? i saw those seaducers in iw.. nice.. kinda like the hydros myself.. have to find somthing for the .45 ops.. its sittin here in box waiting for a home....also got the .67 from neil, that needs a home too...lol
thanks, RICK P.
The HS 85 MG is a micro servo, I would run a mini servo on the rudder. I run both HiTec and Futaba servos and have not had a failure yet. Knock on wood.... Metal gears are needed on the small servos.

Old 08-25-2012, 06:43 AM
parshallboatworks

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

thanks Craig & Neil... i put the hs85 mg on throttle and a std hitek on rudder... cant locate a mini in my mess...lol..
Old 08-25-2012, 07:39 AM
advanced builder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The Traxas waterproof is also a good rudder servo. In standard size. Hitec does have waterproof
Old 08-25-2012, 08:25 AM
parshallboatworks

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: advanced builder

I'm using the Hitec 85mg or 82mg throttle & 3rd channel For the rudder I like the 225mg on the .21 &.45 rigger http://www.hitecrcd.com/products/ana.../hs-225mg.html
Were looking for light & small. I personally don't like Futaba servos Here is another site http://www.servocity.com/
thanks for the servocity link.. just ordered a couple 225mg's....gonna b getting a bunch of stuff in mail soon!!! asembled ski,mounted rudder,positioned strut,put together servo tray.. its comong along!! Rick P.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:37 AM
Blackout

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:

Quote:
ORIGINAL: advanced builder

thanks for the servocity link.. just ordered a couple 225mg's....[img][/img]gonna b getting a bunch of stuff in mail soon!!! asembled ski,mounted rudder,positioned strut,put together servo tray.. its comong along!! Rick P.
Sounds good Rick!!! You'll be on the water soon!
Old 08-25-2012, 09:58 AM
parshallboatworks

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

my MAAS Epoxy came today!!!!
Old 08-25-2012, 12:17 PM
Blackout

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Rick, when hooking up your rudder servo linkage, make the servo arm as short as possible and the rudder arm as long as possible. This will make the steering less twitchy. Not much rudder movement is needed to turn the JAE.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:50 PM
parshallboatworks

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ok cool, thanks craig...
Quote:
ORIGINAL: Blackout

Rick, when hooking up your rudder servo linkage, make the servo arm as short as possible and the rudder arm as long as possible. This will make the steering less twitchy. Not much rudder movement is needed to turn the JAE.
Old 08-25-2012, 05:26 PM
gassertom

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi Guys,
Great time here in London.  Weather was hot, but with a good breeze, wasn't as bad as it was in July.
Here is a vid of Tim's new twin, pretty impressive.  Sorry about the poor quality, need to figure out how to fix that.
Lots of gas monos and riggers, real fun to watch and fast for the most part (as much as we hate to admit it).
We haven't had the best of luck ( can you say needle settings and FORGET THE STARTER BELT?).
Having a great time and looking forward to tomorrow's racing.
Sorry we can't make it to London - good luck to all.
T&C
Old 08-25-2012, 05:51 PM
Canadian LoCo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

good old tim loves is twin great vid Cindy thanks for sharing.
did you meen you can't make it to the Ottawa race since you are in London right now
have a fun tomorrow .

Regards
Luc
Old 08-26-2012, 04:27 AM
advanced builder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:

my MAAS Epoxy came today!!!!
My Maas came yesterday too.
for my real boat. I 'll redo the floor with new ply and seal with Maas 1/2 gal. and I may have some leftover for RC boats.
Craig I'm loading up ,see you soon.

Search this Thread