Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

McCulloch 32cc Modifications ??? new boater needs advice!!

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

McCulloch 32cc Modifications ??? new boater needs advice!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 05:01 PM
Bubbleboy409

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default McCulloch 32cc Modifications ??? new boater needs advice!!

New Model Boater needs help....

Hey all,
I'm new to RC boating, and am building a 48inch deep V with a McCulloch 3200, 32cc motor. I am trying to find out info on modifying this motor, and am having a hard time doing so. I wanted to go nitro, but was advised that gas might be a better choice to start out with cost wise, and maintenance wise. Can anyone out there give me some advice on bolt on mods, that would increase speed, torque and overall performance for this motor. I have purchased a tuned pipe, but don't know what manufacturers offer mods for this brand of motor. I would also like some tips on configuring the inside of the hull and dressing things up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 07-27-2003, 04:42 PM
TERBObob
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default McCulloch 32cc Modifications ??? new boater needs advice!!

48 inch hull ? Mac engine ? If you want performance , you need to get yourself a ZENOAH engine . The Mac has LOTS of power , but not a lot of RPM's . And with boats , its the RPM's that counts more ( hence how a NITRO engine can get away with running in a boat period - they have NO HP to even talk about )
If you want to get the most out of the Mac , increase the transfer ports , raise the exhaust and lower the intake manifolds to where they are evened out with the outer most edge of the manifold . This is about the best modd you can do . You can also get yourself a WALBRO carb that has a venturi of about 11.7 ( up to 12 if engine gets modded ) which is also a BIG mod and increase for the engine .