Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

24" Tunnel Hull with K&B 3.5

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

24" Tunnel Hull with K&B 3.5

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 07:50 AM
neverthought

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 24" Tunnel Hull with K&B 3.5

<meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="Content-Type" /><meta content="Word.Document" name="ProgId" /><meta content="Microsoft Word 11" name="Generator" /><meta content="Microsoft Word 11" name="Originator" /><link href="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\Pete\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_fi lelist.xml" rel="File-List" /><xml><w:WordDocument><w:View>Normal</w:View><w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom><w:PunctuationKerning /><w:ValidateAgainstSchemas /><w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid><w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent><w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText><w:Compatibility><w:BreakWrappedTables /><w:SnapToGridInCell /><w:WrapTextWithPunct /><w:UseAsianBreakRules /><wontGrowAutofit /></w:Compatibility><w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel></w:WordDocument></xml><xml><w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"></w:LatentStyles></xml><style type="text/css"></style><style> Style Definitions */table.MsoNormalTable{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;mso-style-noshow:yes;mso-style-parent:"";mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;mso-para-margin:0in;mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;mso-pagination:widow-orphan;font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-ansi-language:#0400;mso-fareast-language:#0400;mso-bidi-language:#0400;}</style>

Anyone know what the average weight (without fuel) should be for a 24" t-hull with a 3.5 K&B? I'm redoing on of JD's old design "Hawk Signature Series" and I'm thinking of covering the wood center piece with fiberglass.

Old 08-04-2010, 12:17 PM
Jerry Dunlap

Default RE: 24

ORIGINAL: neverthought

<meta content=''text/html; charset=utf-8'' http-equiv=''Content-Type'' /><meta content=''Word.Document'' name=''ProgId'' /><meta content=''Microsoft Word 11'' name=''Generator'' /><meta content=''Microsoft Word 11'' name=''Originator'' /><link href=''file:///C:\DOCUME~1\Pete\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_fi lelist.xml'' rel=''File-List'' /><xml><w:WordDocument><w:View>Normal</w:View><w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom><w:PunctuationKerning /><w:ValidateAgainstSchemas /><w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid><w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent><w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText><w:Compatibility><w:BreakWrappedTables /><w:SnapToGridInCell /><w:WrapTextWithPunct /><w:UseAsianBreakRules /><wontGrowAutofit /></w:Compatibility><w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel></w:WordDocument></xml><xml><w:LatentStyles DefLockedState=''false'' LatentStyleCount=''156''></w:LatentStyles></xml><style type=''text/css''></style><style> Style Definitions */table.MsoNormalTable{mso-style-name:''Table Normal'';mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;mso-style-noshow:yes;mso-style-parent:'''';mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;mso-para-margin:0in;mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;mso-pagination:widow-orphan;font-size:10.0pt;font-family:''Times New Roman'';mso-ansi-language:#0400;mso-fareast-language:#0400;mso-bidi-language:#0400;}</style>

Anyone know what the average weight (without fuel) should be for a 24'' t-hull with a 3.5 K&B? I'm redoing on of JD's old design ''Hawk Signature Series'' and I'm thinking of covering the wood center piece with fiberglass.

Around 4 pounds.

JD
Old 08-04-2010, 03:02 PM
neverthought

Hey Jerry,

do you think it will be to much weight if I put a single layer of fiberglass over the center piece?

thanks,
Pete
Old 08-04-2010, 11:24 PM
Jerry Dunlap

ORIGINAL: neverthought

Hey Jerry,

do you think it will be to much weight if I put a single layer of fiberglass over the center piece?

thanks,
Pete
No. Just go easy with the resin.

JD
Old 08-16-2010, 06:59 AM
neverthought

Jerry, on your old "Hawk Signature Series" What height should I adjust my PROP center line with the bottom of the hull? I used to own a real shovel nose and the center line of the prop used to be in-line with the bottom of the boat so half the prop would spin in air and the other half in the water. I have never done it on a tunnel hull and there is air between the sponsons!?!?!
Please let me know your thoughts,
Thanks,
Pete