Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

GO ENGINES

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 04:58 PM
toyotatruckin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GO ENGINES

What he said-if bearings only lasted an hour of run time i dont think anyone would be running nitro.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:06 PM
Johnwhite84

I agree. I bought a .18 Go from Amax. I have around 30 min just in bench break in and plan on another 30 min of break in on the water befor I even start to race it. The last engine I had I put probably 5 gallons through it before I sold it and it still ran just fine.

As far as the modified Go from Amax, it's about as fast as any $400 itilian engine. But a well setup boat is just as important if not MORE so.

My 2cents.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:26 PM
amax

ORIGINAL: FreeS7yl3r

Hello,
im interested to buy a Go .18 engine.I see it's powerfull and running good , but im also interested in the fuel consumption.Also how much life can i expect from this engine when running 10-20% fuel ?How fast do bearings wear ?
I want to know , because when i first bought a CMB , they told me that it need 1.5l fuel for 30minutes and bearing change every 1 hour(and the price for a set of bearings was around 50$)

Thanks
The Go Engine .18 has a lot of Potential IMO,, with the Right Changes\Modifications it's definitely a Strong running .18 engine. But Don't buy a "Stock" engine and expect it to run like you see in My Vids..
The bearings are ABEC 5, which are some of the best I've Seen in a .18 engine,, If your just Pond Hoping on the neighborhood pond on low nitro, you Tune the engine Right All the time and Flush the engine with WD-40 and use After Run Oil(ARO) "EVERYTIME You Leave The Pond" they will last the life of the piston and sleeve.

I don't really measure fuel consumption in Minutes, I measure in "Laps" around the track. With a Fully Modified Engine (I Don't run Stock) I get about 12 to 15 laps "Wide Open" on 5oz of fuel.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:51 AM
advanced builder

Hello buddy Amax , I'll say you get your money's worth on 5 oz of nitro. Love them vid's