RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Speed - RC Nitro Boats (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-nitro-boats-117/)
-   -   help identify (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-nitro-boats-117/11100714-help-identify.html)

pincho 05-30-2012 07:28 PM

help identify

1 Attachment(s)
need help? identify this hull.

advanced builder 05-31-2012 05:35 AM

RE: help identify

I noticed holes behind the strut bracket. you can drill and add a birch dowel- epoxy in then cut off when dry. seal over the top ,the inside I leave with epoxy over the tapered dowel. no cut. unless its in the way.

pincho 05-31-2012 04:15 PM

thanks again for the help is always appreciated. So can you tell me what the hull is? you never did say how much for the mount.

c.k.y. 05-31-2012 08:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: pincho

Hi pincho
<span><span>Like</span> <span class="hps">before</span> <span class="hps">the Twin</span> <span class="hps">Craft !! (<span>I</span> <span class="hps">used to have.... <span>Find some</span> <span class="hps">old photos</span> <span class="hps">you see,</span> <span class="hps">including</span><span>;</span> <span class="hps atn">42 "</span><span>/ 47</span><span>"</span>,)
</span>
<span>This is a</span> <span class="hps">low angle</span> <span class="hps">V</span> <span class="hps">boats,</span> <span class="hps">if the</span> <span class="hps">Strut</span><span> <span>Improve</span> </span><span class="hps">the result will be</span> <span class="hps">turning</span> <span class="hps">tail</span> <span class="hps">beating ! ( <span>Not easy</span> <span class="hps">to</span> <span class="hps">control )
<span>You are</span> <span class="hps">using</span> <span class="hps">the right</span> <span class="hps">propeller</span> <span class="hps">faster than before !!
CKY</span></span></span></span></span>

advanced builder 06-01-2012 05:35 AM

ORIGINAL: c.k.y.

ORIGINAL: pincho

Hi pincho
<span><span>Like</span> <span class=''hps''>before</span> <span class=''hps''>the Twin</span> <span class=''hps''>Craft !! ( <span>I</span> <span class=''hps''>used to have.... <span>Find some</span> <span class=''hps''>old photos</span> <span class=''hps''>you see,</span> <span class=''hps''>including</span><span>;</span> <span class=''hps atn''>42 ''</span><span>/ 47</span><span>''</span>,)
</span>
<span>This is a</span> <span class=''hps''>low angle</span> <span class=''hps''>V</span> <span class=''hps''>boats,</span> <span class=''hps''>if the</span> <span class=''hps''>Strut</span><span> <span>Improve</span> </span><span class=''hps''>the result will be</span> <span class=''hps''>turning</span> <span class=''hps''>tail</span> <span class=''hps''>beating ! ( <span>Not easy</span> <span class=''hps''>to</span> <span class=''hps''>control )
<span>You are</span> <span class=''hps''>using</span> <span class=''hps''>the right</span> <span class=''hps''>propeller</span> <span class=''hps''>faster than before !!
CKY</span></span></span></span></span>
Looks like you nailed that one CKY

pincho 06-01-2012 11:59 AM

well now we know what the hull is. just to think that 15 years ago i was driving down this quiet street and saw a sign GARAGE SALE 15 dollars later i was on my way home with a hull and 3 pieces of wood.

carlnoki 06-02-2012 02:12 PM

little too old for a Twincraft.
More than likely it looks like an old Witch Craft out from the Texas or even an early Sightler hull to me.

The Twincraft maker (before he sold the rights to the boat) is in our district here on the east coast.

pincho 06-02-2012 06:05 PM

You know i own a 44" sightler for over 25 years and it look a bit like it.I purchased the boat 15 years ago during the beginning of spring from an old gentleman for 15dollars.held on to it my grandson use to play with this hull when he was 6 now he is 11 and its his boat we just finished and took it for the first run 2 weeks ago. its pretty quick. witch like halloween wow. is it a good hull.how old would you say this thing is.we are running a 20 year old os 65 that i bought then.thanks for the info.we appreciate it.

c.k.y. 06-03-2012 08:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: carlnoki

little too old for a Twincraft.
More than likely it looks like an old Witch Craft out from the Texas or even an early Sightler hull to me.

The Twincraft maker (before he sold the rights to the boat) is in our district here on the east coast.

Hi carlnoki

I purchase in 1988 in this place .... I like receiptold photograph
Photograph can help meto the problem that I answer http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...wink_smile.gif
Some of my Twin Craft of 2, photograph evidently ......Is this boat adjustment the strut !! ( Straight line is very rapid , but turns direction tail to pulsate )http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...n/drowning.gif
CKY